*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

we will do well just to avoid a pumping.

To me,and yes i know they are a step up in class,it looks as if those players have chucked it. No closing down no tempo no nothing. And cheap at giving the ball away time and time again. I honestly think they'll accept this as long as we are not embarrassed. And if they are following instructions from Gerrard it's even more alarming.  This has been utterly pitiful in our last meaningful game of the season. And why Kamara instead of Hagi in the middle of the park beggars belief frankly.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I didn't know that, but he's just woeful at winning it. I don't know if it's deliberate but Goldson seems to consistently be the deeper lying player whenever one needs to step out and win the first header and since his run in the side Edmundson is all over the shop bar Braga away.

I can’t remember the exact statistic but somebody posted it towards the end of last season or during the Summer.

Personally speaking, I think he’s shite. Never understood the hype around him or the clamour for him to play earlier in the season. Just looks like a stereotypical lower league/SPFL centre half to me. He’ll be playing for Rotherham or Swindon in a few years time.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Davis and Morelos off, kamberi and Hagi on. 

or are we all going to wait on Morelos getting a goal.......

Spot on Brian , Gerrard has bottled it again here , this mob are average , we should never be sitting back like this at home against anybody.

Dont know how the fuck Davis started this......

Simply outclassed. You could see it from the off.  We're a pretty ragged looking bunch by comparison.

Our outballs are all too obvious down the flanks, not that we're getting too many. Nowt throgh the middle. Pretty nervous all round and just no one with the vision to create.

Need Hagi n now to see if we can do different and make a game of it, but a tall order by the looks of it.

We've done well to get this far, but teams are now just to good for us.

If we want to go further we simply need better players.

Just now, theclothmonster said:

31 completed passes after 22 minutes Davis and Arfield should be put out of their misery after tonight, terrified every time they get the ball. 

They are gash, case in point Tavernier throw in to Arfield in an acre of space and Arfield just knocks it back to him without looking 

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

We're playing Bayer Leverkusen a team that if we do go full throttle they will destroy us I don't know what cunts expect.

I expect professional footballers to be able to pass to eachother and actually y show some communication between one another. When we get it in the middle to front we look like a team of strangers and we are extremely slow at moving the ball. I get the feeling this team are frightened of winning or even tackling for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You look at some of the decisions in England, Fred clear penalty at the weekend and Maguire not getting red card etc that its plausible with officials up here the gap could be bigger.

Some of the decisions Chelsea have had against them...

Theyve been comfortable and efficient, never really worried us. Unfortunately Edmundson has looked ropey, slipping about all game, then gave a stonewall penalty from a stupid needless decision to raise his hands.

Weve looked nervous, poor in possession, too many not at it.

I'd settle for this tbh.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

This mob are a top team mate lets no kid ourselves ffs

Aye, they are a top team but they are playing with their slippers on so far and we can't lay a glove on them. Been another piss poor first half from us.

Archived