*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Tavs clrarence for the second is fantastic and yet the cunt leathers it. But aye Davis fucked it. 

Maybe should get his cunt kicked in @northern bearya banger 

I was maybe a bit harsh. I meant banned for the rest of the season as he has been rank recently 

Good team deserved to win, we will be disappointed with the 1st half performance tho did not press them the way we should have playing at home.

Season officially over now, need to see who wants to and deserves to be here next season,  including the manager.

Morelos getting slated again unfairly, it’s a stinking job playing up front in these games and thought he done well considering the kind of balls he was receiving. Was up against quality defenders and couldn’t spin them, nothing wrong with that.

Can see why he played Aribo on the right, using his height to try and win flick ons, but Kamberi proved he was the better option in the 2nd half.  Just wasn’t his day. 

2nd leg go for it, be positive, if we get hammered then so be it, nothing to lose and all to gain

First of all they were a much better team, and deserved winners. Our tactics first half were terrible just sitting back and letting them dominate was totally wrong, Kemberi and Hagi not starting was a joke and they must start Sunday. Second half was better, but what the fuck is going on with Morelos? Looks slow, lazy and uninterested needs to be dropped until he sorts himself out. Davis is shocking, totally finished and whoever decided to give him a new contract at his age so early in the season should be sacked, waste of a wage for next year that could be spent elsewhere. On the whole tonight showed we’re some way off this level, players like Edmundson and Polster are fine for back up in Scotland but are totally outclassed at this level. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

He gave us a great out ball and done brilliantly they struggled with him 

He's an impact player though, I think he's far better coming on to tiring legs and making himself a nuisance than he is starting games.

Had to shoot across the keeper instead of trying to pick out Morelos too.

I thought we played better in the 2nd half. However, we look like a team that never played together. Too many passes go astray. Davis is done...just done as a player. He constantly gives the ball away or puts others in trouble. We need to go with Jack (i hope he's fit) Artfield and Aribo in future. Hagi and Kamberi should start. Kent needs to be told to buck his ideas up or fuck off. I just dunno whats wrong with Alfie. He looks like he's carrying weight again. He doesn't look sharp.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

This is a team that beat bayern and dortmund if they want to they'll be near the business end ffs

Gladly have a wager with u they wont get near the final. They were a good side not great and their defence was as bad as ours.

Gerrards tactics first half and team selection cost us tonight IMO......

Just now, G.E.C. said:

They played the game at walking pace.

They are a very good European team. Not at the elite level of Liverpool or Athletico or Barca etc but easily the best we've played for a number of seasons.

We rattled them for about half an hour but quality shone through.

That was a complete and utter shambles.........I am losing confidence in Gerrard...something is wrong in every aspect of our game..our players look unfit,can’t pass,can’t cross,have no understanding or team pattern,bump into each other and lack confidence

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Aye but he came from Hibs so he can’t be good enough........

Would be the first name on the team sheet for me from what I’ve seen 

Have to agree, if he is indeed playing for a contract he'd be getting one. 

Hagi as well needs to start, the guy sees the bigger picture as moves progress.

Braga I always got the impression they made subs and brought on weaker players who then shat it. Tonight, BL broughton class. Thwy are a class above Braga who were a class above us.

Theyve beaten some top teams in Europe and tbh despite being well below par we were outplayed but not embarrassed. Their keeper has more saves to make than McGregor ffs.

Too many yet again off the boil.  Far too many.

Sunday now far more important than next midweek. Morelos benched, kamberi starts is the key decision for me.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Gladly have a wager with u they wont get near the final. They were a good side not great and their defence was as bad as ours.

Gerrards tactics first half and team selection cost us tonight IMO......

Sound 50 quid to @ger4life_1872 Mrs fund?

They go out next you win and if leathered first leg of semi then you win

Just miss out or get to final I win? 

I normally hate to criticise but, tav and Davis are passengers.  Kent is too predictable and sorry Stevie but taking off kamara and leaving Davis on is plain daft based on tonight's performances

1 minute ago, 72barca said:

McGregor for once was pish on those goals. Didn't move on their second goal and late on their third.

Nonsense!

No keeper was saving the 2nd, in off the post.

3rd he tried to get to it, but it was a class finish.

The one he tipped onto the bar was immense. 

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

That was a complete and utter shambles......sorry I can no longer support Gerrard...something is wrong in every aspect of our game..our players look unfit,can’t pass,can’t cross,have no understanding or team pattern,bump into each other and lack confidence

Shut up.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

BTW when we showed the real Rangers they were rattled a bit. 

Too much respect the first half but a good second half. 

They might win this 

My biggest regret of the night. The game plan was going okay. I think the plan was to contain them, try to catch them out on the break and then if it's still 0-0 throw on Kamberi and Hagi to light it up. They didn't cut us open too much.

Obviously you can't legislate for the handball/pen though. And when that happens the game changes.

Second half though we showed again when we have a go, we are a good side. They are really good but I still think maybe, just maybe if we played a little better first half and believed in ourselves a bit more, it could have been a great night.

Archived