*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/03/2020 at 18:52, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Can’t start Hagi and Kent.

Needs to one or the other and get another player in who will scrap, chase and close down. 

Kent is not a luxury player, he is probably the hardest working winger we have.

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It was more a hint that Hagi shouldn’t play 😂😂😂

Oh fair enough😂 yeah I’d definitely agree that hagi is a luxury player but I’d still play him as we wouldn’t even be in this round without him.  He’s not the fastest /hardest working but that’s a lot more excusable when you consistently come up with the goods. Plus a player like him that won’t be out of his depth against the opposition will be crucial in terms of retaining possession etc.

47 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

These 2 coming games are not filling me with confidence the state of this team. :nailbiting:

Why, we pumped the tims last time, and seem to be at our best in Europe.

Coronavirus: Rangers trip to Bayer Leverkusen could be behind closed doors 

image.thumb.png.221a841a88870140affa219bfa40a657.png

The region containing Leverkusen has 484 recorded cases of coronavirus, the highest of Germany's 16 states

Bayer Leverkusen are monitoring advice on the spread of coronavirus but may host Rangers in their Europa League last-16 tie in an empty stadium. The teams meet at Ibrox in the first leg on Thursday, with the return leg in Leverkusen seven days later. Germany's Health Minister, Jens Spahn, has called for gatherings of more than 1,000 people to be cancelled. North Rhine-Westphalia, the region that includes Levekusen, has the highest number of recorded cases in Germany. 

Armin Laschet, the leader of the region's government, said that the state intends to follow the Health Minister's advice, with Saturday's Bundesliga game between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke potentially being played in an empty stadium. "I will let the clubs decide if they want to play without spectators or if they prefer to not play at all," he said. Paris St-Germain's Champions League last-16 match against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday will be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus, but RB Leipzig's home game against Tottenham Hotspur will be played in front of spectators.

Meanwhile, the Israeli FA say their preparations for the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final against Scotland on 26 March "continue as usual" despite coach Andreas Herzog having to self-isolate. The Austrian is forced to remain in his homeland for nine days due to travel restrictions because of the coronavirus, meaning he will miss a national training camp for Israel-based players. Players playing outwith Israel will head directly to England for the pre-match training camp four days before the match at Hampden, but no request has been made to Uefa to postpone the fixture. Uefa said it is "closely monitoring" the situation regarding coronavirus and will look at decisions taken by national and local authorities which may affect fixtures.

Source https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51803987

13 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Germans pushing for this to be a closed door game. I would imagine a statement confirming one way or the other will be announced soon? 

PSG is closed doors on Wednesday and now Olympiakos in Greece on Thursday.

I’d say it’s highly likely that our away tie in Germany is going to be behind closed doors, sadly.

McGregor 

Polster       Goldson       Katic       Barisic

Jack              Davis

Aribo               Hagi                 Kent

Morelos

Nothing to lose here so let's go for it.

1-1 each at home and same scoreline away. 

McGregor to save 3 penalties in the shootout to see us through.

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Coronavirus: Rangers trip to Bayer Leverkusen could be behind closed doors 

image.thumb.png.221a841a88870140affa219bfa40a657.png

The region containing Leverkusen has 484 recorded cases of coronavirus, the highest of Germany's 16 states

Bayer Leverkusen are monitoring advice on the spread of coronavirus but may host Rangers in their Europa League last-16 tie in an empty stadium. The teams meet at Ibrox in the first leg on Thursday, with the return leg in Leverkusen seven days later. Germany's Health Minister, Jens Spahn, has called for gatherings of more than 1,000 people to be cancelled. North Rhine-Westphalia, the region that includes Levekusen, has the highest number of recorded cases in Germany. 

Armin Laschet, the leader of the region's government, said that the state intends to follow the Health Minister's advice, with Saturday's Bundesliga game between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke potentially being played in an empty stadium. "I will let the clubs decide if they want to play without spectators or if they prefer to not play at all," he said. Paris St-Germain's Champions League last-16 match against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday will be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus, but RB Leipzig's home game against Tottenham Hotspur will be played in front of spectators.

Meanwhile, the Israeli FA say their preparations for the Euro 2020 play-off semi-final against Scotland on 26 March "continue as usual" despite coach Andreas Herzog having to self-isolate. The Austrian is forced to remain in his homeland for nine days due to travel restrictions because of the coronavirus, meaning he will miss a national training camp for Israel-based players. Players playing outwith Israel will head directly to England for the pre-match training camp four days before the match at Hampden, but no request has been made to Uefa to postpone the fixture. Uefa said it is "closely monitoring" the situation regarding coronavirus and will look at decisions taken by national and local authorities which may affect fixtures.

Source https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51803987

Can you imagine the repercussions if any of ours caught whilst away? If a player, our next few fixtures would be toast.

15 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Germans pushing for this to be a closed door game. I would imagine a statement confirming one way or the other will be announced soon? 

UEFA have decided that three games in European competitions will take place behind closed doors this week.

Those games include Wolves' trip to face Olympiacos in the Europa League on Thursday.

It appears that Rangers and their supporters will be forced to wait until next week to discover their fate for the away tie with Bayer Leverkusen.

There have been calls in Germany for games to be played without fans but no decision has been made on next week's games.

2 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

McGregor 

Polster       Goldson       Katic       Barisic

Jack              Davis

Aribo               Hagi                 Kent

Morelos

Nothing to lose here so let's go for it.

1-1 each at home and same scoreline away. 

McGregor to save 3 penalties in the shootout to see us through.

McGregor needs dropped though,  WTF !  I have to say if Hagi isn't on the ball he's a passenger

2 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Will be a blow if the away leg is behind closed doors, our away fans in general but especially in Europe are second to none. I'm not just saying that with blue tinted specs, I watch a lot of games a week and our away support is up there with the best in football.

Our away support is magic 98% of the time.

Archived