*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good euro run, good memories

Some shocking performances tonight carried across from the domestic matches, Davis & Kent in particular have hopefully played their way out of Sunday 

Now Gerrard has seen out his European tenure though its time to move on, new manager has to be found ASAP

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Can’t remember one instance where he made the correct decision, always plays the first available back pass often unsuccessfully 

Said to the mrs I wouldnt be surprised if he genuinely has eyesight problems. The number of times he plays a pass to a standing opponent as if he's not even seen them is crazy.

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

FFS,here we go again,change the record.

Nah you’re right, what a classy footballer he is 

I was just in awe at his calmness and quality on the ball tonight. Such vision, such excellent forward passes

What a player, give him another contract extension 

Thought it was boring bar the we spell after kamberi came on , they done what Germans do , we need to sometimes just go long and try feed off the second ball against better opposition, we’ve not the players to play out , bored the arse aff me Leverkusen 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Nah you’re right, what a classy footballer he is 

I was just in awe at his calmness and quality on the ball tonight. Such vision, such excellent forward passes

What a player, give him another contract extension 

I said he was poor tonite but the haters like yourself say the same crap after every game.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Likely out for Sunday then 😞

I'd have zero worries putting young Paterson in. We have to start trusting our young players at some point. We need some young gallous talent to come in and breathe a bit of life  into that squad. 

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

I said he was poor tonite but the haters like yourself say the same crap after every game.

Because he’s literally the same shite footballer during every game 

He offers us not one thing 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's not been anywhere near as good as last season but you only have to compare to Polster coming on and he's just a far better footballer than him.

Few times in that second half the ball was belted to Tav and his first touch is consistently very good. Was it Tav's corner for Edmundson's goal too? 

Great energy, run and ball to set up Morelos' clear chance.

You must like him mate.

I always backed him when he was performing as a footballer but not particularly as what people perceived to be a captain.

He is/was very much a Beckham to your Terry type captain. Performance dictated his respect.

He's been shite for so long, a bit like Barasic. You whip in 10+ balls a game you should hit 1 good one.

That first half tonight he looked so far away from where I imagine me and you want our  Captains standards to be at.

Been like this for months.

Maybe my standards are too high for my Rangers  Captain?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rules are rules. Needless by him.

No i know mate and i was sent the christie one for taigs v Copenhagen as well and thought his was harsh as well

But fuck him 

Typical scattergun approach to criticism in here tonight. Folk with deep rooted hatred of Gerrard or a particular player doing their best to find more fault in that individual.

We weren't great, they are simply individually and collectively levels above us, but ffs a bit of perspective and objectivity would be refreshing.

Archived