*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Wouldn’t be hard to be fair but agree, seems to be the one trying to give the players a kick up the arse too while tav stood hands on hips beside him 

The defence were fine up to Edmundson failing to deal with a punt up park..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Its not hard to criticise Gerrard when he picks the wrong starting 11 and sends them out with woeful tactics.

We learned from Braga. We didnt get cut open. We restricted them to a shot from distance and a self inflicted penalty. We had chances to dictate play but the players couldn't do the basics time and time again when in possession.

We then improved 2and half, didnt allow any further chances whilst creating our own opportunities, then lost to a stunning strike and a Polster induced fuck up.

This mob spent 108m this summer and are doing well in Bundesliga, they're not far off a Bayern or Leipzig level. 

I'm honestly bemused folk think we should have been more open or aggressive from the outset.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We learned from Braga. We didnt get cut open. We restricted them to a shot from distance and a self inflicted penalty. We had chances to dictate play but the players couldn't do the basics time and time again when in possession.

We then improved 2and half, didnt allow any further chances whilst creating our own opportunities, then lost to a stunning strike and a Polster induced fuck up.

This mob spent 108m this summer and are doing well in Bundesliga, they're not far off a Bayern or Leipzig level. 

I'm honestly bemused folk think we should have been more open or aggressive from the outset.

So you think his team and tactics were right

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

So you think his team and tactics were right

I think the tactics were fine. I think given Jack was injured midfield picked itself. I considered Hagi but he's probably lacking defensive commitment so I get Gerrard going with Kent and Aribo, they pressed well when behind the ball.  I'm not sure the logic of the starting 11 can be ripped apart at all. 

That said I think in possession we were dreadful. Fortunately better out of possession. Did more 2nd half but got punished for opening up more.

I can criticise performances tonight but no, for me the tactics and starting 11 were sensible.

Thought we did well and nullified them for quite a while. Penalty ruined that though sadly. 

Think tonight showed the sheer weakness of our depth. The bench was really poor overall and too many in our starting 11 let us down tonight touch and pass wise (but that hasn't been a new thing for them).

We get quality players to put the likes of Davis and co on the bench and we'll be in a great position I think.

It is what it is. Been a great run this season. Don't think there's anything to be ashamed of where Europe is concerned this season. Some great moments/memories.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Thought we did well and nullified them for quite a while. Penalty ruined that though sadly. 

Think tonight showed the sheer weakness of our depth. The bench was really poor overall and too many in our starting 11 let us down tonight touch and pass wise (but that hasn't been a new thing for them).

We get quality players to put the likes of Davis and co on the bench and we'll be in a great position I think.

It is what it is. Been a great run this season. Don't think there's anything to be ashamed of where Europe is concerned this season. Some great moments/memories.

They like braga in the away leg had no clear cut chances. 

Sadly this mob had true quality to take the half chance and thw chance from. Nothing. 

We can compete with the bragas porto etc of the world but unless it falls right we wont beat this quality 

Weak uninterested pish from  players going through the motions. No doubt Leverkusen are a good side but they have strolled through that game without a single proper  challenge from any of our players all night 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

They like braga in the away leg had no clear cut chances. 

Sadly this mob had true quality to take the half chance and thw chance from. Nothing. 

We can compete with the bragas porto etc of the world but unless it falls right we wont beat this quality 

For a good hour the pen and one weak as piss shot from distance was their only shots on target.

I think if we upgraded some parts of the team (namely midfield for me) we'd have got something from tonight. Far too many wayward passes and touches that teams like Bayer just capitalize on with ease.

Nothing to be ashamed of to me. 

Just now, Supersonic said:

For a good hour the pen and one weak as piss shot from distance was their only shots on target.

I think if we upgraded some parts of the team (namely midfield for me) we'd have got something from tonight. Far too many wayward passes and touches that teams like Bayer just capitalize on with ease.

Nothing to be ashamed of to me. 

Midfield looks like one weve threw the gether yet they were superb in lead up to xmas. 

Nit got the Rangers winning mentality 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Midfield looks like one weve threw the gether yet they were superb in lead up to xmas. 

Nit got the Rangers winning mentality 

I still haven't really came to grips with the sheer extreme difference in the team from before January 1st and everything we've witnessed since. I genuinely can't understand what the fuck happened.

Good to see new headlines about how well we did, helping th co-efficient, o wait, no it isn't, it is about some factors that threw a Buckie bottle and lighter at the leverkusen players.

8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I still haven't really came to grips with the sheer extreme difference in the team from before January 1st and everything we've witnessed since. I genuinely can't understand what the fuck happened.

Baffling mate 

Jack and tacs interviews have shine a light on the mentality right enough 

Archived