*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If ours goes ahead and we win I’d say we just win the tournament by default.

Imagine the implosion 

The whole situation is a complete shambles, when the fuck are the postponed games going to be played? , for selfish reasons I'm happy our match seems to be going ahead but UEFA are making a cunt this, whole tournament should be stopped now because that's what's coming anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

The whole situation is a complete shambles, when the fuck are the postponed games going to be played? , for selfish reasons I'm happy our match seems to be going ahead but UEFA are making a cunt this, whole tournament should be stopped now because that's what's coming anyway. 

:thumbup:

It is not being handled well, once one or two games are not being played then surely they need to say the competition cannot be completed so they are stopping it all now.

It also means that the home leagues and cups should just be stopped as well, 50K people going to Ibrox twice within three days does seem stupid with how this shite is spreading.  

Sport is an entertainment and a hobby for fans. It is wrong to have masses of people in close proximity in what looks like the outset of a global pandemic. Large gatherings are being cancelled all over the world and not just in sports. This game should be no different.

I was so looking forward to this but for the betterment of the grander scheme of things, it should not be played.   

41 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Uefa know that probably they will have to knock the thing on the head at some point but they will make damn sure they squeeze every fuckin penny they can out it first.

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

If we play on tomorrow then the Club gets much-needed income.    That may sound a bit selfish  but the country can't come to a total standstill  because of this virus.   Suppose we don't  have the game played will everybody simply stay at home for the next few weeks?  No they won't.     If they shut down  football will they shut down restaurants, pubs, clubs, cinemas, etc?     What about public transport?       

19 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If we play on tomorrow then the Club gets much-needed income.    That may sound a bit selfish  but the country can't come to a total standstill  because of this virus.   Suppose we don't  have the game played will everybody simply stay at home for the next few weeks?  No they won't.     If they shut down  football will they shut down restaurants, pubs, clubs, cinemas, etc?     What about public transport?       

They probably said similar in Italy a week or so ago tbh.

39 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything in that post tbh, I literally said for selfish reasons I hope the game goes ahead, I'm also firmly in the "it's the fucking flu" camp.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything in that post tbh, I literally said for selfish reasons I hope the game goes ahead, I'm also firmly in the "it's the fucking flu" camp.

Hundreds have died of the flu this winter already  but it hasn't got the same amount of publicity.  I'm not ignoring that this virus is probably worse than  the "normal" flu but I do think we need to keep things in perspective.   

38 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Hundreds have died of the flu this winter already  but it hasn't got the same amount of publicity.  I'm not ignoring that this virus is probably worse than  the "normal" flu but I do think we need to keep things in perspective.   

The effects the virus will have on the economy and an underfunded NHS is the real scare.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Surprised you like a band that questionably has a paedo in it mate

Yes that cunt Townsend did sour my liking of the band, I love their music and individual talents but I do agree I now hate Townsend and the cunt should have been jailed. 

Even if they game goes ahead tomorrow got a feeling they are going to pull the plug on the whole shooting  match shortly, that’s how they’ve announced next weeks behind closed doors to stop the travelling. An absolute clusterfuck.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think things are in perspective to be honest.

At the peak of the flu season, about 5 in every 100,000 people have the virus.

The government has said in the worst case, at the peak of Coronavirus, it could be as many as 20,000 in every 100,000.

Combine that with the fact that the Coronavirus is considered 10x more deadly than the flu.

We are not going to shut the country down for 6 months, it just cant happen. We are just going to have to accept that allot of people are going to get sick and many old folk are going to die.

18 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Absolutely overreaction all over the world to this.. It's a fucking nonsense  Our European run ruined because of some shitty heavy cold like virus

When was the last time China or Italy got locked down because of a bad cold? When was the last time so many events got cancelled because of a bad cold?

I do admit I think there is a lot of scaremongering and hysteria but cmon tae fuck. People will get a good wake-up call if things get worse here. The amount of dismissive pish is annoying.

Archived