*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

When was the last time China or Italy got locked down because of a bad cold? When was the last time so many events got cancelled because of a bad cold?

I do admit I think there is a lot of scaremongering and hysteria but cmon tae fuck. People will get a good wake-up call if things get worse here. The amount of dismissive pish is annoying.

Sorry but I couldnt care less about it. Same with any other virus

I’d say 50-50, the government cobra meeting is at noon, they could ban all large gatherings but I would be surprised if it were to come into affect so quickly for tonight (the old firm is certainly now at risk of closed doors) 

the major risk to tonight is the reported emergency UEFA meeting this morning to discuss an immediate suspension of European football. However, I suspect the true nature of the meeting is to discuss the euros being moved not the immediate situation.   

hopefully it goes ahead, Leverkusen are in town now no doubt most of there fans are here or en route.  

Sevilla v Roma and Inter v Getafe are postponed and may well get scrapped, makes it more importaint we get some thing from this game. Italy is in lockdown and looks as if Spain is going to follow suit, so the last 16 is now probably the last 12. Germany could go as well with having 3 teams in it, so if we get some thing and Germany will not allow inward/outward travel, UEFA may give us a bye to the next round.

The whole thing is a mess with so many what if situations.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Sevilla v Roma and Inter v Getafe are postponed and may well get scrapped, makes it more importaint we get some thing from this game. Italy is in lockdown and looks as if Spain is going to follow suit, so the last 16 is now probably the last 12. Germany could go as well with having 3 teams in it, so if we get some thing and Germany will not allow inward/outward travel, UEFA may give us a bye to the next round.

The whole thing is a mess with so many what if situations.

They will end up scrapping the whole thing and then pressing the FAs to scrap their own seasons. BCD doesnt work as last nights PSG game shown.

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They will end up scrapping the whole thing and then pressing the FAs to scrap their own seasons. BCD doesnt work as last nights PSG game shown.

I don't know what this is about mate. Any chance of some info?

6 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I don't know what this is about mate. Any chance of some info?

They played the PSG game BCD but around 40 thousand fans ended up outside cheering the team on and setting off fireworks etc. The team even went outside to celebrate with them afterwards. Pointless in achieving what they wanted.

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They played the PSG game BCD but around 40 thousand fans ended up outside cheering the team on and setting off fireworks etc. The team even went outside to celebrate with them afterwards. Pointless in achieving what they wanted.

madness😄

58 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We may as well enjoy tonight and Sunday cos that’ll be the last time for a while we’ll be allowed to go to any games.

I don't see Sunday having a crowd there tbh. This next government briefing will end that 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't see Sunday having a crowd there tbh. This next government briefing will end that 

No crowd on Sunday makes it pointless in playing it in the first place. I wonder what the time rate is for the new plans in place? There might be a chance tonight's game will be a no go either.

1 hour ago, AGC123 said:

I’d say 50-50, the government cobra meeting is at noon, they could ban all large gatherings but I would be surprised if it were to come into affect so quickly for tonight (the old firm is certainly now at risk of closed doors) 

the major risk to tonight is the reported emergency UEFA meeting this morning to discuss an immediate suspension of European football. However, I suspect the true nature of the meeting is to discuss the euros being moved not the immediate situation.   

hopefully it goes ahead, Leverkusen are in town now no doubt most of there fans are here or en route.  

Their fans shouldn’t be allowed off the plane and simply turned around. 
It’s nuts we are still allowing the mass movement of people around Europe. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

No crowd on Sunday makes it pointless in playing it in the first place. I wonder what the time rate is for the new plans in place? There might be a chance tonight's game will be a no go either.

It would make sense if tonight didn't go ahead 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Got a feeling they will call off tonight’s game as UEFA will scrap both EL & CL today. 
After they decide who is getting the money of course. 

1 hour ago, AGC123 said:

What's the point in having a meeting at noon today just to say "oh we are going to ban all large gatherings but we will wait until tomorrow or saturday because it's short notice". Nah they will ban them from that minute. Theres no need for any hesitation.

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What's the point in having a meeting at noon today just to say "oh we are going to ban all large gatherings but we will wait until tomorrow or saturday because it's short notice". Nah they will ban them from that minute. Theres no need for any hesitation.

America has banned all flights from the uk starting on Friday, I think a day or 2 notice is probably wise for this type of thing 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

America has banned all flights from the uk starting on Friday, I think a day or 2 notice is probably wise for this type of thing 

That’s to let folk get home if they want. 
No need for that delay when it’s simply mass gatherings at home. 

Archived