Games Played Behind Closed Doors.

tannerall

What's the score with these games being televised live ?  If not allowed, can delayed transmission or highlights be shown ?

Has it happened before ?

With the way we have been playing recently would some fans prefer to be watching it from behind closed doors anyway ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tannerall said:

What's the score with these games being televised live.  If not allowed, can delayed transmission or highlights be shown, 

Has it happened before ?

With the way we have been playing recently would some fans prefer to be watching it from behind closed doors anyway ?

The way we've been playing, some would prefer Coronavirus 

How do the clubs stand due to the loss of revenue when these situations occur? a full house at any stadium will = a huge chunk of money with the ticket sales/hospitality/ food outlets/merchandise etc etc the local pubs/shops/bookies will also take a dunt, it will have a fair old knock on effect.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

How do the clubs stand due to the loss of revenue when these situations occur? a full house at any stadium will = a huge chunk of money with the ticket sales/hospitality/ food outlets/merchandise etc etc the local pubs/shops/bookies will also take a dunt, it will have a fair old knock on effect.

It will mate, however I think we are in new territory here with this virus, I don't think the revenue of football clubs is anywhere near being a priority. 

Just realised traditionally behind closed doors were punishments, so maybe tv was banned, but this time it is circumstance so should be no reason for them not to be televised.

Imagine games being shown in the local IMAX, ice cream, hot dogs  and popcorn being thrown at the screen every time Morelos gets a card. 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Just realised traditionally behind closed doors were punishments, so maybe tv was banned, but this time it is circumstance so should be no reason for them not to be televised. imagine games being shown in the local IMAX, decent atmosphere.

With a big crowd? The very reason it was played behind closed doors 

7 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

It will mate, however I think we are in new territory here with this virus, I don't think the revenue of football clubs is anywhere near being a priority. 

FIFA, UEFA and EPL will disagree...............money first, good of football and humanity second.

16 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

That is correct but I bet for loads of small businesses the big match income might well be the difference between surviving and going bust, someone from Braga the town said in the few days The Rangers were in town made up their income for the winter season.

I hope this blows over pretty swiftly or it has the potential to cause absolute chaos.

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That is correct but I bet for loads of small businesses the big match income might well be the difference between surviving and going bust, someone from Braga the town said in the few days The Rangers were in town made up their income for the winter season.

I hope this blows over pretty swiftly or it has the potential to cause absolute chaos.

Get you 100% ,but the people making the big decisions maybe don't see it that way, controlling that bloody virus is their priority, quite rightly, they will worry about business later, and as you say, for many it might be too late. 

40 minutes ago, tannerall said:

What's the score with these games being televised live ?  If not allowed, can delayed transmission or highlights be shown ?

Has it happened before ?

I feel as if our game v Inter Milan en route to getting out of the CL group was televised live.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I feel as if our game v Inter Milan en route to getting out of the CL group was televised live.

Why was that crowd free? I remember bears trying all sorts of guises to get into the game, journos/reporters etc.

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Why was that crowd free? I remember bears trying all sorts of guises to get into the game, journos/reporters etc.

Trouble at previous year’s QF between Inter & AC, mate.

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Trouble at previous year’s QF between Inter & AC, mate.

Was that the one where objects were being thrown from the stand, and a complete motobike was wheeled in and thrown over. 

Edit, found it, was against Atalanta at the San Siro.

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Was that the one where objects were being thrown from the stand, and a complete motobike was wheeled in and thrown over. 

Edit, found it.

That rings a bell!

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That rings a bell!

Wee Quasimodo was ringing the church bells at Notre Dame early in the morning. The bells  weren't very loud so he decided to take big runs at the big bell  thumping his head on it., 

First few times it worked, third time he slipped and  smacked his face across the bell with a loud clang,  and skidded  out the gap. plunging in to the River Seine, then drowned. 

A gendarme who was on early shift saw the body and pulled it out the river as the priest was coming in to the church for the morning service. 

The gendarme said to the priest " Do you know who this man is ?"

Priest replied "I don't know his name, but his face rings a bell"

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Theoretically business interruption insurance could cover it. Not sure what the script is for pandemic events though.

Archived