Games Played Behind Closed Doors.

tannerall

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

What's the score with these games being televised live ?  If not allowed, can delayed transmission or highlights be shown ?

Has it happened before ?

With the way we have been playing recently would some fans prefer to be watching it from behind closed doors anyway ?

With the way we have been playing I would rather be under the duvet with my eyes shut.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, tannerall said:

What's the score with these games being televised live ?  If not allowed, can delayed transmission or highlights be shown ?

Has it happened before ?

With the way we have been playing recently would some fans prefer to be watching it from behind closed doors anyway ?

what a fucking spazzy

Surely they will still televise it? Clubs will be losing a shit load of money and they won't want to lose tv money too. 

I wonder if uefa would be willing to make a deal with clubs to let them stream the games on their own channels to all viewers. Instead of having to be outside the UK to watch on Rangers TV they'd let them sell to UK viewers. 

The issue is having tens of thousands people crowded together. Letting a camera crew and essential staff in won't make much a difference. 

13 hours ago, pcbear said:

How do the clubs stand due to the loss of revenue when these situations occur? a full house at any stadium will = a huge chunk of money with the ticket sales/hospitality/ food outlets/merchandise etc etc the local pubs/shops/bookies will also take a dunt, it will have a fair old knock on effect.

They'll save on the pies, gas and leccy cooking them mate so it levels itself out

1 hour ago, BillyG91 said:

Surely they will still televise it? Clubs will be losing a shit load of money and they won't want to lose tv money too. 

I wonder if uefa would be willing to make a deal with clubs to let them stream the games on their own channels to all viewers. Instead of having to be outside the UK to watch on Rangers TV they'd let them sell to UK viewers. 

The issue is having tens of thousands people crowded together. Letting a camera crew and essential staff in won't make much a difference. 

Was wondering if the likes of Sky would make games free to air if games are moved to closed doors as people would just go to the boozer anyway unless they have it in the house already 

9 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Was wondering if the likes of Sky would make games free to air if games are moved to closed doors as people would just go to the boozer anyway unless they have it in the house already 

Chances of the rest of the season being played behind closed doors is slimmer than being cancelled entirely. I doubt sky would give anything away for free.

There’s no way the league is going to run normally from here. First player gets it and all games involving that club get postponed. There will be a call to extend the league in the interests of sporting integrity (oh the irony). Should get a tour of Japan in the diary now. SPL will be desperate to get to the point where certain outcomes are mathematically certain - I think they’ll struggle. 

7 minutes ago, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

There’s no way the league is going to run normally from here. First player gets it and all games involving that club get postponed. There will be a call to extend the league in the interests of sporting integrity (oh the irony). Should get a tour of Japan in the diary now. SPL will be desperate to get to the point where certain outcomes are mathematically certain - I think they’ll struggle. 

Correct as has happened with the Arsenal v Man City game tonight. As soon as players start getting it the games up for now. No chance can a league just be stopped and whoever’s top wins and whoever’s bottoms relegated. Some teams may be coming up to a difficult run of games that are second bottom and the bottom team may have easier games coming up, it would be a minefield, would have to scrap the league. In terms of Europe one solution I would suggest is if games are postponed for a month or so the the last 8 games and semis could be played as a one off leg like the nations league play offs and it’s just luck of the draw who the home team is to get the competition complete. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If they are going to scrap the EL and the CL after this round why even play this round. 

Exactly only exposing more people to risk and spreading the fucking thing.

Could say same for this league, as no way is it being played to a finish. The problem is, they don't have the coheenies to tell the scum it's over before they have enough points to win it, at which point they will just hand them the trophy and have positions at that point as final, but maybe no promotion or relegation ation this season.

Maybe just all goes to a club vote on whatever proposal favours the scum

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly only exposing more people to risk and spreading the fucking thing.

Could say same for this league, as no way is it being played to a finish. The problem is, they don't have the coheenies to tell the scum it's over before they have enough points to win it, at which point they will just hand them the trophy and have positions at that point as final, but maybe no promotion or relegation ation this season.

Maybe just all goes to a club vote on whatever proposal favours the scum

Can you imagine the scenes if they tell the teams the league is scrapped for this season   
The Fenians will be marching on Hampden before days end. 😂😂

17 hours ago, tannerall said:

Has it happened before ?

The UK chief medical officer made the point last week that in a 50000 crowd you are only close enough to c. 10 people to contract the virus through coughing etc.  Obviosly there is touching handrails on stairs etc on top of that, however, he suggested you had more chance of contracting the virus going to the pub to watch the game than actually going to a stadium. This was part of the thinking of not banning large gatherings, be it sport or anything else. More likely to lose games due to lplayer illness. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can you imagine the scenes if they tell the teams the league is scrapped for this season   

The SFA will be sheep and led by other FAs, most notably the EFA. Down there liverpool would be raging, but there's too many other big hitters from Manchester and london who could sway voiding of the league.

Imo that action down there is realistic after a postponement, and if it did happen would make such a decision by the sfa easier. 

I cant see they've really got an alternative if things dont improve after a postponement period of several weeks / couple of months. 

Though then again, it is the SFA...

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I know.

I'm pretty sure the authorities have already decided what way they'll bring it to an end and who wins what or not or relegated or not.

They've had plenty time to think about it, so should be telling everyone what the position is when they cancel it and will take their lead from other FA's. Italy being first up no doubt.

Think the scum game will be the last one with fans and even then still time to call behind closed doors.

Tell you what though, I reckon there are already a few players who want it cancelled now just for their own personal safety. I would think in Alfie's situation, I wouldn't want to be putting my pregnant wife at at risk, no matter how small if you even believe the government. I watched the Wolves manager on the box in response to UEFA turning down their request to have their game postponed. He wasn't a happy bunny at all and looking at the players who nearly had their faces covered weren't either. 

Interesting few days ahead.

Archived