Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Somebody needs to take leadership of the situation now and make a decision ,it’s come nowhere near a peak yet in Europe ,I reckon the only way is to suspend all football indefinitely,then take time to decide what happens should this last another month or so 

I agree, and it might not only be a month or so, it is something that could go on for a while yet. I can understand folk not wanting to be too quick making decisions but already the cup competitions in Europe are starting to become a farce so they should be stopped now IMO.

The home (UK) leagues/cups will need to be assessed very soon as well surely, sitting in a football stadium is a close encounter with your fellow fan and one person could infect a few others and then they go home and infect their families.

No idea what will happen but I would imagine the pressure in Scotland form Liewell will be on letting it go and hope the can get enough points that mean they cannot be overtaken and they will say they have to be given the title.  

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I agree, and it might not only be a month or so, it is something that could go on for a while yet. I can understand folk not wanting to be too quick making decisions but already the cup competitions in Europe are starting to become a farce so they should be stopped now IMO.

The home (UK) leagues/cups will need to be assessed very soon as well surely, sitting in a football stadium is a close encounter with your fellow fan and one person could infect a few others and then they go home and infect their families.

No idea what will happen but I would imagine the pressure in Scotland form Liewell will be on letting it go and hope the can get enough points that mean they cannot be overtaken and they will say they have to be given the title.  

This virus is at the point where cancelling the league would be sensible. 

They can bitch about it all they want but it’s now a Pandemic and looking like the worst virus to have hit the world since 1918. 

23 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

When you know the virus hasn’t peaked your only postponing the inevitable suspension ,just need to look at Italy they have amended their suspension ,

Suspend now and if in 2 weeks we see the virus has peaked start back up again and get the season finished 

11 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

When you know the virus hasn’t peaked your only postponing the inevitable suspension ,just need to look at Italy they have amended their suspension ,

Suspend now and if in 2 weeks we see the virus has peaked start back up again and get the season finished 

Mate the virus wont hit peak till  summer.  Best hope is it's completely gone before winner 2020  

36 minutes ago, kanjo said:

This virus is at the point where cancelling the league would be sensible. 

They can bitch about it all they want but it’s now a Pandemic and looking like the worst virus to have hit the world since 1918. 

It is certainly looking bad and while I do not think we should be panicking in any way, bringing 50K into a stadium to watch football seems a poor way to help stop the spread of it. 

25 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

That sounds like good common sense to me. :thumbup:

PS it would probably need longer than two weeks, but it could be reviewed at two week intervals and then cancelled once time was running out to play the games.

There is absolutely no fucking way the Europa is being completed this year, they are as well just calling it now.

It's like you are in the first half of a football match and it's snowing so hard that no-one can even see the ball. The forecast however says that the weather is only going to get worse and there is also a storm just about to hit.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

By the way, there is fuck all chance this thing is going to peak in two weeks.

This thing will be ongoing and carnage for about 9 months.

The fact the vast majority of Europe seems to see that & have started doing things about it just shows how backwards we are

Countries have shut schools, closed borders & cancelled large events with far fewer cases than in the UK

But we've to basically wait until shit really hits the fan before doing anything...fucking nuts 😂

Just now, Valance1690 said:

The fact the vast majority of Europe seems to see that & have started doing things about it just shows how backwards we are

Countries have shut schools, closed borders & cancelled large events with far fewer cases than in the UK

But we've to basically wait until shit really hits the fan before doing anything...fucking nuts 😂

I think they are doing it on purpose to be honest.

I think they are wanting this to peak in the summer months and they have calculated the best way to achieve that is to basically do fuck all and let it play out.

I think if you really wanted to minimise deaths, they would be going full lockdown and building as many respirators as possible. Then when it spikes in about 9 months they would be in a better position to give folk the care they need.

This would be a financial disaster though and the economy would be in the shitter. It may actually be better just to let 4% of folk die.

20 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Even the Chinese have struggled with this one and they have the advantages of an authoritarian society 

Fairly sure cases in China are decreasing by the day now. Is stable there now. So they tell us! 

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think they are doing it on purpose to be honest.

I think they are wanting this to peak in the summer months and they have calculated the best way to achieve that is to basically do fuck all and let it play out.

I think if you really wanted to minimise deaths, they would be going full lockdown and building as many respirators as possible. Then when it spikes in about 9 months they would be in a better position to give folk the care they need.

This would be a financial disaster though and the economy would be in the shitter. It may actually be better just to let 4% of folk die.

Totally agree, they seem to think that by delaying it to the summer it means we'd be able to handle things better as the pressure on the NHS is less than in the winters months

Completely ignoring the fact that countries with far better healthcare systems than our own (Italy in particular) have collapsed under the peak of this virus so even if you do wait you're still going to struggle if you let it get out of control

Seems to just be the usual UK & even US mentality that we'll wait until the house is on fire before doing anything about it...seen 1 country (sure it was Malta) have closed all schools etc after diagnosing 3 cases...with 0 deaths 

Granted they are far smaller than us & the impact is less but these countries are showing they care more about the people than the financial impact.

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I couldn't believe they let the Cheltenham festival go ahead. Tens of thousands from every corner of the uk , Ireland and further afield in the one place. An absolute perfect place to get the thing passed on all over the shop, cancelling it would have cost the economy a good few million though so you can see where the priorities lie.

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

I couldn't believe they let the Cheltenham festival go ahead. Tens of thousands from every corner of the uk , Ireland and further afield in the one place. An absolute perfect place to get the thing passed on all over the shop, cancelling it would have cost the economy a good few million though so you can see where the priorities lie.

Absolutely crazy decisions over the last few days honestly, Cheltenham being 1 of the worst. They're saying we've got the best advice but it's going against nearly every other countries advice so somebody is wrong somewhere, can only hope it's the rest overreacting 

Personally I can see our government having to come out in a few weeks and apologise for not doing something earlier...by that point it'll be too widespread & we'll be down the same route as Italy are just now. 

Take the economical hit just now before you're forced to take an even bigger one, difference is they'll save the lifes of some of the most vulnerable in doing so.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We have zero genuine understanding of anything going on there in relation to this.

There is no way the Chinese government are going to say anything other than they've got it under control, I wouldn't take any news they put out seriously. They are a totalitarian regime and one thing they will never admit to is losing control of a situation.

Archived