Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

So this move to the delay phase to be announced in the morning according to the BBC with implications for sports events with immediate effect.   Assuming the game tomorrow goes ahead they may well play the OF behind closed doors.   Not going to speculate, let’s see what they say after some sleep. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I wouldn't let them in the country, nevermind Ibrox.

Through the airport twice and out and about in the city before and after the game? Madness. 

Could still be behind closed doors, even at this late stage, but there would be quite a few unhappy fans.

18 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You sound a bit like you're resigned to getting the virus and are thinking about how you'll deal with it. I'm determined not to get it in the first place.

Not really. If you run the numbers on Iran, which is by far the worst country dealing with the crisis, you are probably expecting around 500,000 - 800,000 infections until a vaccine is developed. You can inflate those numbers even higher if you want to speed up the transmission rates but it’s not even coming close to a massive part of the population.

People are going to get it obviously, but I think I’ll be unlucky if I do.

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

So this move to the delay phase to be announced in the morning according to the BBC with implications for sports events with immediate effect.   Assuming the game tomorrow goes ahead they may well play the OF behind closed doors.   Not going to speculate, let’s see what they say after some sleep. 

If the Europa game is behind closed doors the tim game is a gimme.to be shut too.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not really. If you run the numbers on Iran, which is by far the worst country dealing with the crisis, you are probably expecting around 500,000 infections until a vaccine is developed. You can inflate those numbers even higher if you want to speed up the transmission rates but it’s not even coming close to a massive part of the population.

People are going to get it obviously, but I think I’ll be unlucky if I do.

Not sure about that.

I think it is likely to still be doubling about ever 4 days.

21100.jpeg

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not sure about that.

I think it is likely to still be doubling about ever 4 days.

21100.jpeg

There’s a couple of things though that make that look a lot worse (by all accounts the place is a shambles and yes it is really really bad) than it is. 

Its possible they had nearly 1000 cases by mid Feb so once they are confirmed it’s made that rate look a lot worse than it is (again, I’m not playing it down, it’s still dire).

The other thing is they didn’t get a handle on it and people packed up and left cities to escape and went out and spread it to the regions. 

The whole thing is a shambles and their death rate is shocking but once they get to grips with it properly it will plateau. I still think they will end up with the most infections per head of population and the most deaths per head.

Disclaimer - not a doctor, virologist etc etc just my lay, slightly informed but probably uninformed, opinion.

5 hours ago, miracle said:

What's your solution then?

Follow the instructions from the government. Any old folk or sick folk should be self isolating already.

There is no way to stop this now, it's going to take off and accelerate.

Let it play out and hope that the death toll is not too bad.

Archived