Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They could try as much as they want but it's exactly as you said, it's ludicrous. 

I think you are seriously underestimating the SPFL. Not a chance they don’t award it to the bheasts if they are already mathematically guaranteed to win it.  It would also be extremely embarrassing for us to attempt to challenge any award in that situation.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

If Rangers can still mathematically (although improbably) catch the scum, then they cannot be declared champions. Even for our corrupt football authorities in this country, that would be a step too far.

And with the European places to be sorted out forJuly qualifiers, there is no room to postpone (instead of outright cancellation) and reschedule as the Six Nations have done.

Season is null and void and scum remain on 8 in a row.

Crucial that we get at least a draw on Sunday which, effectively, buys a week.

Brass necked enough to demand 2019/2020 be added to the rest of the other tainted wins.
Still count trophies won during WWI while the rest were at war.

If the league got abandoned then it’s null and void for me.

Even if a team cannot be caught it’s irrelevant.

If it’s incomplete then it’s incomplete.

Scenario A 

Say celtic are 16 clear at the split and cannot be caught.

Scenario B

Hamilton are 5 points ahead of Hearts and can be caught.

The whole league is void because if you were to call celtic champions then you have to declare a team relegated.

You would open a whole can of worms with those teams possibly taking legal action against the football authorities.

You would then be looking at teams being promoted or potentially being promoted doing the same thing.

Then teams chasing European spots as well.

You simply cannot have a team winning a void league, I know their titles are tainted but by fuck that would trump them all.

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

Does Sunday now become more important than we thought? If this continues to grow arms & legs, with leagues being cut short etc.

For instance, if we win, we reduce the deficit & could build a case for the league not being over, however if we lose & go 16 points behind our case is weakened by the fact we would be so far behind.   

Was just about to post similar, that game is now far more important than just wanting to beat them IMO, it could stop them winning 9. 

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the league got abandoned then it’s null and void for me.

Even if a team cannot be caught it’s irrelevant.

If it’s incomplete then it’s incomplete.

Scenario A 

Say celtic are 16 clear at the split and cannot be caught.

Scenario B

Hamilton are 5 points ahead of Hearts and can be caught.

The whole league is void because if you were to call celtic champions then you have to declare a team relegated.

You would open a whole can of worms with those teams possibly taking legal action against the football authorities.

You would then be looking at teams being promoted or potentially being promoted doing the same thing.

Then teams chasing European spots as well.

You simply cannot have a team winning a void league, I know there titles are tainted but by fuck that would trump them all.

How?

Flip that... if we were in their position & had already won the league to win 55 and stop 9IAR, then got told it was being void on a technicality there is not a chance we would roll over and accept it. 

I mean, the meltdown would be a spectacular watch but you couldn’t deny that they have a case to be awarded the title. 

Play offs for anything not set in stone would be an option, if/when it became possible.

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

They could chuck the league tomorrow and crown the tarriers champions.

Lets be honest, we’d roll over and accept it like we do with everything else. 

I hope they chuck the league and give it to Hearts or Hamilton

No logic thinking behind that but it makes me laugh in my intoxicated state

31 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Spurs totally humped  and outclassed by their German opponents ...lets see how we get on.

I'd say the Bundesliga is pretty much surpassing La Liga now in terms of quality and number of top teams with the El Classico's not being the strength of their teams gone by. That top 4/5 in Germany of: Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Leipzig, Leverkusen & Frankfurt (Europa semi-finalists last year before they lost Jovic) being solid.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I personally wouldn't be travelling now thinking it's still a few days on the bevvy.  Hope everyone gets their cash reimbursed be it travel, hotels, tickets etc.

Coronavirus-travel help and your rights>>>> https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/

1 hour ago, Rambo1872 said:

Is it just me totally underestimating this virus or is all these actions ott? The damage to economy and peoples pockets is soon to be felt by your average Joe, is it totally necessary? My doubts may be fuelled by the lack of evidence. Just keep reading " X amount confirmed with virus" then a few die of it. And its always infirm elderly underlying health problems. Underlying? What does that mean immune systems completely shot ? On the brink of multiple organ failure? Anaemic? Stopped eating weeks ago and weak ? It seems as if the media are happy to cause panic but dont have any case specific info. Its all generic copied stories with generalisations throughout. Somethings not right. Caused by fuckin Bat soup  my hole. 

Anyway, i hope all bears get their hard earned money back. 

I have no idea if this virus is worse than the flu but I do know that hundreds of people have died this year already due to the flu but it hasn't been made very public.

18 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Can't believe we're 'welcoming' a couple of thousand Leverkusen fans to Ibrox on Thursday.

Batshit crazy.

It is, considering the region containing Leverkusen has 484 recorded cases of coronavirus, the highest of Germany's 16 states.

Hopefully they'll be checked before travel for symptoms.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I have no idea if this virus is worse than the flu but I do know that hundreds of people have died this year already due to the flu but it hasn't been made very public.

Yes.

Have a read of this>>> https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/02/here-is-what-coronavirus-does-to-the-body/

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It is, considering the region containing Leverkusen has 484 recorded cases of coronavirus, the highest of Germany's 16 states.

Hopefully they'll be checked before travel for symptoms.

Heard the Scottish governmental scientific adviser on the news yesterday saying how we should all be taking the threat of this very seriously, this looks exactly  like the opposite. If this region in Germany has closed down public gatherings because of the high number of its population has ‘CV’, or suspected to be at risk, its makes no sense whatsoever to allow this many to travel here to be potentially exposed to each other and so many of our population in a concentrated environment 

Makes no difference if the symptoms are present at time of travel or not due to the incubation time. I realise that apparently for the vast majority If people the symptoms are fairly minor but if the govt. is serious about preventing or delaying it, this is a criminal lack of joined up thinking. Saying that, we are talking about the Scottish Government and SPFL (incompetent) and to a degree EUFA who are just greedy...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237142891077697538.html

From a well respected friend and intensivist/A&E consultant who is currently in northern Italy:
1/ ‘I feel the pressure to give you a quick personal update about what is happening in Italy, and also give some quick direct advice about what you should do.

2/ First, Lumbardy is the most developed region in Italy and it has a extraordinary good healthcare, I have worked in Italy, UK and Aus and don’t make the mistake to think that what is happening is happening in a 3rd world country. 

3/ The current situation is difficult to imagine and numbers do not explain things at all. Our hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid-19, they are running 200% capacity 

4/ We’ve stopped all routine, all ORs have been converted to ITUs and they are now diverting or not treating all other emergencies like trauma or strokes. There are hundreds of pts with severe resp failure and many of them do not have access to anything above a reservoir mask. 

5/ Patients above 65 or younger with comorbidities are not even assessed by ITU, I am not saying not tubed, I’m saying not assessed and no ITU staff attends when they arrest. Staff are working as much as they can but they are starting to get sick and are emotionally overwhelmed. 

6/ My friends call me in tears because they see people dying in front of them and they con only offer some oxygen. Ortho and pathologists are being given a leaflet and sent to see patients on NIV. PLEASE STOP, READ THIS AGAIN AND THINK. 

7/ We have seen the same pattern in different areas a week apart, and there is no reason that in a few weeks it won’t be the same everywhere, this is the pattern: 

8/ 1)A few positive cases, first mild measures, people are told to avoid ED but still hang out in groups, everyone says not to panick
2)Some moderate resp failures and a few severe ones that need tube, but regular access to ED is significantly reduced so everything looks great 

9/ 3)Tons of patients with moderate resp failure, that overtime deteriorate to saturate ICUs first, then NIVs, then CPAP hoods, then even O2.
4)Staff gets sick so it gets difficult to cover for shifts, mortality spikes also from all other causes that can’t be treated properly. 

10/ Everything about how to treat them is online but the only things that will make a difference are: do not be afraid of massively strict measures to keep people safe, 

11/ if governments won’t do this at least keep your family safe, your loved ones with history of cancer or diabetes or any transplant will not be tubed if they need it even if they are young. By safe I mean YOU do not attend them and YOU decide who does and YOU teach them how to. 

12/ Another typical attitude is read and listen to people saying things like this and think “that’s bad dude” and then go out for dinner because you think you’ll be safe. 

13/ We have seen it, you won’t be if you don’t take it seriously. I really hope it won’t be as bad as here but prepare. 

Is it really possible they would void the league? 

If we aren't good enough to win then I can admit that so I'm not wanting it voided because we won't win it. If it does happen it'd be a laugh to watch them try count it as a title win. Definitely wouldn't put it past them. 

Archived