Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

12 minutes ago, don logan said:

I really don't get this either. You'll lose money on your flights but you're prepared to lose even more on spending money and hotels just to watch it on the telly in a German bar, in the region of Germany with the biggest cluster of Corona virus cases??

If the hotels, bars and restaurants etc are still even open.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BillyG91 said:

Is it really possible they would void the league? 

If we aren't good enough to win then I can admit that so I'm not wanting it voided because we won't win it. If it does happen it'd be a laugh to watch them try count it as a title win. Definitely wouldn't put it past them. 

Win on Sunday the gap is 10points with a game in hand. Void is the only option.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

You should have that right mate, I just have this concern that they get what they want every time.

Did you see the quote from Doncaster a few days ago that the league would not be void. I think that came from Liewell but having said that if our league and others get stopped then surely because of the problems you have highlighted then it should be void.

A win on Sunday would also stop them getting too far ahead point wise.

Didn't see the quote mate but I'm not surprised they are ruling out the league being void. 

I think if worst case scenario comes to pass. SFA will follow other leagues. If they declare seasons null and void, I doubt they want to be the only one not following suit. It's not ideal but it's the only fair way to do it. 

If the shoe was on the other foot. I bet the sporting integrity brigade would be wanting the same..

45 minutes ago, don logan said:

I really don't get this either. You'll lose money on your flights but you're prepared to lose even more on spending money and hotels just to watch it on the telly in a German bar, in the region of Germany with the biggest cluster of Corona virus cases??

exactly mate!

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I should really have written that I have no idea how much worse the virus is compared to flu.  The point I was making was that many more people have died from flu than the virus.     Both seem to have more extreme effect on the elderly, infirm and people with pre-existing illnesses.    

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Did you see the quote from Doncaster a few days ago that the league would not be void

Think that was a foolish think to say, (Tbf he has a track record) the matter of the league having to be scrapped will be as a result of consequences far outside the remit of his remit. Forget the ‘closed doors’ contingency, once teams staff/ players are compromised (which is inevitable) I don’t see there being any option as there is very little scope for delaying games in what is a tight enough season fixture wise already...

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

£1600 quid, fuck me. You know though that someone will pay that. I've sent a guest list request to leverkusen so hopefully that will work.

I know a couple boys looking at paying it already, madness.

Archived