The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't need you all to tell me how clever I am.

I was just on seeing what happened (if anything over the last couple of hours) but it appears some posters re just that obsessed with me they just can't not talk about me.

Sure love doing it though. 

Becoming a Suttonesq parody of a poster. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Agreed. UEFA should be listening to the experts and calling all football off and planning to hopefully start a new season in August.

Most teams aren’t training because of the risks. 

By the time this reaches its peak teams would need to go through a full pre season to get up to speed.

No fucking danger is this season getting completed. 👍

No teams in Scotland are training because it has been banned. Clubs have given players individual training plans to fulfil.

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

UEFA needed to make a statement for all leagues finishing and they did that ,Nobody knows when this thing is going to end and football can start And all countries will be different 

Going by the date they have mentioned we ain’t finishing this season ,at least now the unworkable plan of playing this season right into September is off the table 

It was never realistically on the table.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No teams in Scotland are training because it has been banned. Clubs have given players individual training plans to fulfil.

I wasn’t meaning in Scotland I was meaning all clubs in the UEFA umbrella. Last I seen a lot of clubs were still training. Might have changed to an official ban from training but I haven’t seen that 👍

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I know ,but didn’t stop the usual suspects filling air time with it 

Wait til you see what Jim Duffy suggested to us😂

Closed doors games staggered across every night of the week until all games are played. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

I wasn’t meaning in Scotland I was meaning all clubs in the UEFA umbrella. AST I seen a lot of clubs were still training. Might have changed to an official ban from training but I haven’t seen that 👍

Varies from country to country but as things stand even weans teams in Scotland are banned from training by the SFA

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Varies from country to country but as things stand even weans teams in Scotland are banned from training by the SFA

I knew about that. My wee nephews team is done for the foreseeable future. Quite worrying for kids not getting any football for months, some could be lost to the playing side of the game which would be sad 👍

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Closed doors games staggered across every night of the week until all games are played. 

What about the ridiculous idea of playing 3 matches in 5 days followed by a UEFA final. Nobody would ever go for that. 

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

What about the ridiculous idea of playing 3 matches in 5 days followed by a UEFA final. Nobody would ever go for that. 

That was an absolute farce, although  PFA Scotland weren't threatening to withdraw labour over that, they are over closed doors games.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The need for money through the gate lost on him then ,Tunnel vision showing exactly behind he is thinking of 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

The need for money through the gate lost on him then ,Tunnel vision showing exactly behind he is thinking of 

I don't think it is, he's critical of Lennon for his comments (as well as Rangers and Hearts) but it's a mental plan either way

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/exclusive-jim-duffy-calls-for-scottish-football-unity-as-he-outlines-closed-doors-idea/

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Jim Duffy is desperate for a title to go to the club he supports.

I don’t have a problem with that but he should at least be rational and try going about it the right way.

Suggesting playing games behind closed every day of the week is ridiculously stupid 👍

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think it is, he's critical of Lennon for his comments (as well as Rangers and Hearts) but it's a mental plan either way

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/exclusive-jim-duffy-calls-for-scottish-football-unity-as-he-outlines-closed-doors-idea/

Has he factored in the fact that this virus hasn’t even kicked in yet ,within 2 weeks it’s  likely that most teams will have players in isolation for the next 2 months making even closed doors games impossible ,Also what’s to stop somebody saying they have a cough to get a game cancelled 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Has he factored in the fact that this virus hasn’t even kicked in yet ,within 2 weeks it’s  likely that most teams will have players in isolation for the next 2 months making even closed doors games impossible ,Also what’s to stop somebody saying they have a cough to get a game cancelled 

No it doesn't seem that he has. I get the impression he thought it's just all a bit over-hyped and we should just be getting on with things.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I see Michael Beale has said the league should be decided by the standings at the half way point when each team had played each other home and away:mutley: . Here's hoping we don't fuck our potential title clinching  game in hand.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No it doesn't seem that he has. I get the impression he thought it's just all a bit over-hyped and we should just be getting on with things.

It’s worrying how many people think that. The people that are trying to play it down are the people that will drag it on longer and make it worse than it needs to be. 👍

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I see Michael Beale has said the league should be decided by the standings at the half way point when each team had played each other home and away:mutley: . Here's hoping we don't fuck our potential title clinching  game in hand.

If nothing else that will get the taigs spewing especially if you can’t play the extra game and we use TLBs idea of average points for that extra game 

I don’t think we should be awarded the title but this would be the best way of issuing the champions league place 

30 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s worrying how many people think that. The people that are trying to play it down are the people that will drag it on longer and make it worse than it needs to be. 👍

You 2 kissed and made up 🤣🤣🤣

Archived