The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

For all we know this could get even worse and there could have to be no European football next season 

I know ,that’s why I said ,as it stands ,summer should reduce the virus but to what extent and how long this lasts in individual countries is anybody’s guess 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Doesn't matter. Corperate Law could close down the SPFL, if it is decided they acted and broke the law by denying 1 company a chance to make money to the benefit of another company. It is one of the key fundamentals of Corperate Law and FIFA, Uefa, SFA and the SPFL all have to obey the law. If they SPFL do this then they are open to a law suit that could finnish them. Rangers need to tell them that they will challenge this decision in the courts.

Or a challenge that they would defeat in the courts.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Until I see a statement directly from the SPFL saying that their intentions are to keep the standings as they are in the event of no more games then I’m calling anyone claiming that as a bulshitter.

Disclaimer....just my opinion 😂

The SPFL is sitting on the fence awaiting further instructions from UEFA on domestic leagues and yet he has managed to exceed 100 pages of utter nonsense.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They do get cancelled last minute quite often, cancelling them once they've started though isn't as common.

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but I thought the press conference they held was a couple of hours after the announcement to suspend the games.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Absolutely not!

You had been on here telling us that the SPFL had made up their minds and were crowning champions. You stated that they were telling clubs this.

Rangers and Hearts were quite right to come out and highlight that it was wrong to do this.

I dont believe Rangers or Hearts have come out and stated what should happen, just that now is not the time for rash decisions, unlike anther team who are demanding they are declared the winners.

You're absolutely right that Rangers and Hearts were right to come out and highlight their position. Just the same as Lennon and Gerrard were right to answer questions when asked about it. I don't personally think Lennon gave the right answer to the question but I have no issue with him answering it. (maybe I look at the presser side a little bit differently, as a journo, I'd not be happy if I'd asked a Q and got fobbed of with a 'no comment' type answer. )

Hearts have came out and said what they want to happen. Results which relegate Hearts to be wiped from the records but Dundee United and Inverness to be promoted based on their results in the Championship.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Could. If people are so adamant it's not the right time to be talking about it, that applies across the board - or is it just a race to the bottom?

Ofcourse it's the right time to be talking about it,maybe you'd prefer we all kept quiet and accept Cellic's demands for the title.Everyone else(including Rangers) is debating the possible outcome of this clusterfuck but you are 'apparently' content to toe the Cellic party line

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or a challenge that they would defeat in the courts.

A good lawyer would nail the SPFL to the wall, it is a black and white case of denying an opportunity to 1 business to the benefit of another. This the kind of stuff that has hit various football authorities and they now aviod it like the syphilis. No football authority is above the law of the land.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but I thought the press conference they held was a couple of hours after the announcement to suspend the games.

No he was in them as they happened. Games suspended around lunchtime and quotes up shortly afterwards.

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Ofcourse it's the right time to be talking about it,maybe you'd prefer we all kept quiet and accept Cellic's demands for the title.Everyone else(including Rangers) is debating the possible outcome of this clusterfuck but you are 'apparently' content to toe the Cellic party line

Not at all, I'm more than happy to discuss football just now. My livelihood kinda depends on it.

I've had literally zero contact with celtic on this. I have no access to any employees at celtic. All my information has come from people at other clubs within the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

A good lawyer would nail the SPFL to the wall, it is a black and white case of denying an opportunity to 1 business to the benefit of another. This the kind of stuff that has hit various football authorities and they now aviod it like the syphilis. No football authority is above the law of the land.

I'm far from convinced on that one. I've spoken to a 'good' lawyer and they think the SPFL's interpretation is a valid one.

It's not denying an opportunity. It's implementing the rulebook as it was when the season started.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I don't think the Dude is wanting to give the title to septic but is giving the counter point arguement that he is hearing from others. Please can remember that others are stating/arguing for the things the Dude is reporting to us.

You just joined us?

The prick has been lobbying for the scum for the best part of a week, all the while still claiming to be a Rangers supporter.

At no point, in all his pathetic “I know something you don’t know” games, which most of us grew out of when our balls dropped, has he even hinted at the outrage felt by true Rangers supporters at the idea of the child rapists getting yet another tainted title.

He doesn’t just want them to get the title, he’s spent days on end telling us why it would be just peachy if they got it.

Used to be a closet taig but, by fuck, he’s kicked those doors wide open this week.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'm far from convinced on that one. I've spoken to a 'good' lawyer and they think the SPFL's interpretation is a valid one.

It's not denying an opportunity. It's implementing the rulebook as it was when the season started.

With a heavy dose of interpretation!

The rulebook quite clearly states that playoffs are to happen. They are now just deciding to ignore this.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

You just joined us?

The prick has been lobbying for the scum for the best part of a week, all the while still claiming to be a Rangers supporter.

At no point, in all his pathetic “I know something you don’t know” games, which most of us grew out of when our balls dropped, has he even hinted at the outrage felt by true Rangers supporters at the idea of the child rapists getting yet another tainted title.

He doesn’t just want them to get the title, he’s spent days on end telling us why it would be just peachy if they got it.

Used to be a closet taig but, by fuck, he’s kicked those doors wide open this week.

👍 this a million percent. The 

30 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

At the point teams lose players the league becomes an unfair competition. 

Sporting integrity goes out the window. 

Null and void in those circumstances for me 👍

:tu:

Know what you mean mate ...... but it seems to be a common denominator with them ....... 2012 being a prime example of just how fucked up it gets .... with no concern from the SPL then and the SPFL now ..... no sense used other than nonsense.

🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You really need to stop peddling lies like this.

The rule book says 38 games not “when in doubt, hand it to the scum”

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

With a heavy dose of interpretation!

The rulebook quite clearly states that playoffs are to happen. They are now just deciding to ignore this.

That's what rules always come down to - the interpretation of them. (F1 is a great example of that)

The rules do clearly state that playoffs are to happen but that will de declared unenforceable under rule A3 due to an inability to schedule them.

Archived