The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No idea who else they've spoken to. How would I know that? 

I haven’t seen a single report that has confirmed the same as you are saying.

Not a single statement from a footballing authority confirming what you are claiming.

Im calling bullshit. 

The end 👍

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The one that most had conceded a fortnight ago? 

Maybe many had but it would still be the wrong thing to crown anyone as champions unless they cannot be caught. I'm sure even the most fair minded Rangers fan would never 'not be arsed' about them winning the league irrespective of the circumstances.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because of things like commercial contracts, potential refunds for STs, determining Euro places for next season. 

If they wait until  before the season starts then they can't schedule games until after the playoffs to avoid potential clashes. Like both Dundee sides at home the same weeks etc. 

So why not use their discretion to declare that a the rule that states a champion must be voided because teams have not played the same number of games and played things to a natural conclusion?

You are saying its perfectly fine for ignoring a rule because it makes things difficult for them or they dont want to deal with the problems, but its completely fine to relegate teams and crown champions who have played more or less games than their rivals.

I would say that it is perfectly logical that you cannot crown a champion or relegate someone and that these rules become 'unachievable' or whatever the wording is.

You have went beyond the point of reporting what the SPFL want to do and have moved fully behind their position and appear to be cheerleading for it. 

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

What do we think folks, should I?

There has to be one thread for discussing it to be honest. Its a very topical discussion which does have a big impact on us.

You were right to shut down the others and keep one thread for discussing it.

At the end of the day, if it bores the shit out of people, then they can just avoid the thread.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

I haven’t seen a single report that has confirmed the same as you are saying.

Not a single statement from a footballing authority confirming what you are claiming.

Im calling bullshit. 

The end 👍

Several outlets (record, daily mail, BBC) have reported that null and void is not on the table - as I've said from the start.

The record have reported the SPFL prefer to hand out titles if games cant be completed. As I've said from the start. 

Another poster on here also confirmed that clubs have been informed thats the SPFL'S position. 

The football authorities won't confirm anything until its ready to be confirmed. 

Feel free to call bullshit. It would've saved us all a lot of time if you'd done it a long time ago. I'm confident the info I have is correct and provided details of the interviewee and the process that would follow with a few other things related to it to admin before it took place. 

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

No.

If nothing else, it gives you an insight into the mind of another view, which is likely very prevalent outside this forum.

Do we want this place becoming an echo-chamber?

I certainly don't and especially not where it's a thread that is relevant to the here and now. 

What would be great is if the petty bullshit arguments could stop and if certain parties could refrain from arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Let's face it, none of us know how this shit is going to pan out and there really is no ideal solution, other than my idea of a dance off to settle things.

My take on contracts to broadcasters is that they will suck it up.

Contracts were entered into in good faith and nobody could have forecast a pandemic. Are BT and Sky going to try and recover money because of this ? Not jut football but golf tennis etc that they would have to go after.

The negative impact on their reputation would exceed money recovered.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I certainly don't and especially not where it's a thread that is relevant to the here and now. 

What would be great is if the petty bullshit arguments could stop and if certain parties could refrain from arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Let's face it, none of us know how this shit is going to pan out and there really is no ideal solution, other than my idea of a dance off to settle things.

Do you really expect posters not to be up in arms and just silently take it when the poster defends Lennon in the BD?

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

So why not use their discretion to declare that a the rule that states a champion must be voided because teams have not played the same number of games and played things to a natural conclusion?

You are saying its perfectly fine for ignoring a rule because it makes things difficult for them or they dont want to deal with the problems, but its completely fine to relegate teams and crown champions who have played more or less games than their rivals.

I would say that it is perfectly logical that you cannot crown a champion or relegate someone and that these rules become 'unachievable' or whatever the wording is.

You have went beyond the point of reporting what the SPFL want to do and have moved fully behind their position and appear to be cheerleading for it. 

Not cheerleading for anything. Whether people are accepting of it on here or not, I doubt the SPFL really care. 

It absolutely IS logical that they can declare that one void, however it then raises the problem over how they resolve league placings and if null and void isn't on the table - and absolutely everything I've heard and read suggests it isn't an option - they need to find a way to determine the league placings. 

As we established a long time ago, there isn't a solution that doesn't have serious problems. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Several outlets (record, daily mail, BBC) have reported that null and void is not on the table - as I've said from the start.

The record have reported the SPFL prefer to hand out titles if games cant be completed. As I've said from the start. 

Another poster on here also confirmed that clubs have been informed thats the SPFL'S position. 

The football authorities won't confirm anything until its ready to be confirmed. 

Feel free to call bullshit. It would've saved us all a lot of time if you'd done it a long time ago. I'm confident the info I have is correct and provided details of the interviewee and the process that would follow with a few other things related to it to admin before it took place. 

Maybe not bullshite, but it is morally wrong.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

My take on contracts to broadcasters is that they will suck it up.

Contracts were entered into in good faith and nobody could have forecast a pandemic. Are BT and Sky going to try and recover money because of this ? Not jut football but golf tennis etc that they would have to go after.

The negative impact on their reputation would exceed money recovered.

It's not just broadcasters though, it's shirt sponsors, stadium sponsors, pitchside advertisers and all sorts of other small businesses who will be feeling the pinch financially every bit as hard as football clubs.

Archived