The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Do you really expect posters not to be up in arms and just silently take it when the poster defends Lennon in the BD?

I’m all for opinions on here whether I agree or not but I find it strange when Rangers doesn’t seem to be someone’s first concern over our hated rival.

I think that rightly gets backs up. 👍

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I certainly don't and especially not where it's a thread that is relevant to the here and now. 

What would be great is if the petty bullshit arguments could stop and if certain parties could refrain from arguing for the sake of arguing. 

Let's face it, none of us know how this shit is going to pan out and there really is no ideal solution, other than my idea of a dance off to settle things.

Hard judgement mate, maybe just ban Dude that would sort it 😂 ........only kidding 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It's not just broadcasters though, it's shirt sponsors, stadium sponsors, pitchside advertisers and all sorts of other small businesses who will be feeling the pinch financially every bit as hard as football clubs.

Change broadcaster to your all inclusive list - makes no difference to my argument.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not cheerleading for anything. Whether people are accepting of it on here or not, I doubt the SPFL really care. 

It absolutely IS logical that they can declare that one void, however it then raises the problem over how they resolve league placings and if null and void isn't on the table - and absolutely everything I've heard and read suggests it isn't an option - they need to find a way to determine the league placings. 

As we established a long time ago, there isn't a solution that doesn't have serious problems. 

Declare the league standings as they are. Distribute the prize money based on it. Distribute the Cl place based on it.

Its shite, but its less shite than declaring celtic the champions of an uncompleted league. Say there is a disclaimer next to that star all you like, but you can be absolutely sure that they will claim it as a legitimate title. The SPFL would be calling it a legitimate title. it would devalue all the real titles that have been won over the years.

Remove this from the equation and find a solution for the more important situations like that impacting Hearts and Partick.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Are they saying they don’t want promotion, though? Doubt they’d be that fussed not to be crowned champions if they still went up.

The SPFL equivalent would be CL qualification versus champions.

Would you take a void season but they get the CL spot?

A non league English side setting an example of what most feel. If a season is null and void then you just accept that however disappointed you may be.

https://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/sport/football/grassroots-football-suspended-by-the-football-association-in-light-of-the-covid-19-crisis-1-6564180

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Declare the league standings as they are. Distribute the prize money based on it. Distribute the Cl place based on it.

Its shite, but its less shite than declaring celtic the champions of an uncompleted league. Say there is a disclaimer next to that star all you like, but you can be absolutely sure that they will claim it as a legitimate title. The SPFL would be calling it a legitimate title. it would devalue all the real titles that have been won over the years.

Remove this from the equation and find a solution for the more important situations like that impacting Hearts and Partick.

If you declare the league standings as they are, distribute the prize money on it and the CL place then you ARE declaring them the champions of the league, albeit on a technicality.

I've said all along I'd much rather the focus was on finding a solution that works best for most clubs. This season's title ultimately means fuck all. I'm far more worried that at the end of this that we'll have FAR bigger problems to worry about that who gets the title.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

If you declare the league standings as they are, distribute the prize money on it and the CL place then you ARE declaring them the champions of the league, albeit on a technicality.

I've said all along I'd much rather the focus was on finding a solution that works best for most clubs. This season's title ultimately means fuck all. I'm far more worried that at the end of this that we'll have FAR bigger problems to worry about that who gets the title.

Not sure that is what the rules state.

Think the rules for league positioning was separate from the one about 'champions'. You certainly wouldn't be declaring them champions  as the league record would have no champions noted for the year in the official records.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not sure that is what the rules state.

Think the rules for league positioning was separate from the one about 'champions'. You certainly wouldn't be declaring them champions  as the league record would have no champions noted for the year in the official records.

What did they do in 1939?

4 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

What did they do in 1939?

We are in a situation where the rule book does not apply. Current rules were never designed with this scenario in mind. The right thing to do is what matters.

I don't think that the war years are of much relevance.

Scum more than happy to keep puting the pressure on..

"As many have already said, the season cannot be voided as the consequences of that are so severe. In the event that the matches cannot be completed, then the responsibility to find a fair and reasonable solution for the finalisation of all domestic leagues will be with the Scottish football governing bodies" Lawell.

Unsurprisingly trying to take the moral high ground and claim integrity is in their favour 😂😂👍

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Voided ,but it was very early on in the season ,shouldn’t matter a fuck though ,we could still have caught the cunts 

Hard luck mate,they suspended the league and it was completed in 46'47 season 😉 and Rangers were leading from Falkirk and won the league outright when restarted 😉

Only sensible thing to do is award the title jointly to all clubs that could have mathamatically won it at this time, with * in the books for "season not completed". Divide 1st and 2nd prize money equally and both get Champs League qualifiers (think our co-officent makes that a goer), no relegation and Championship teams are premoted into an expanded Premiership.

As many have already said, the season cannot be voided as the consequences of that are so severe. In the event that the matches cannot be completed, then the responsibility to find a fair and reasonable solution for the finalisation of all domestic leagues will be with the Scottish football governing bodies.     

That cunt liewell is ramping up the rhetoric. In a time when people are dying and worried about their jobs he uses narratives like this. Hopefully karma will hurry up and get rid of this bastardised football team!

17 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We are in a situation where the rule book does not apply. Current rules were never designed with this scenario in mind. The right thing to do is what matters.

I don't think that the war years are of much relevance.

I know wartime is a different scenario but this covid-19 is still a National Emergency so we still have a precedent imo. For me it should be N&V but if they insist on restarting the 19/20 season after the emergency,then so be it.

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I know wartime is a different scenario but this covid-19 is still a National Emergency so we still have a precedent imo. For me it should be N&V but if they insist on restarting the 19/20 season after the emergency,then so be it.

I think when BoJo calls a state of National Emergency there'll be no other route they can take, they'll have to honour the 1939 precedent.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Blatter and Platini are 2 who were found guilty of faviouring 1 over another and both were lucky not to do time, this proposal is very similar.

Was you friend a Corperate lawyer?

:tu:

Human rights mate .... yeah! that's right ...... but she is very very very very good ..... so a wee bit of corporate law should be a breeze to her ....... :p:

🇬🇧

18 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Hard luck mate,they suspended the league and it was completed in 46'47 season 😉 and Rangers were leading from Falkirk and won the league outright when restarted 😉

They didn’t suspend season 39/40 mate the voided it.

Season 46/47 was a whole new season.

39/40 was voided with Rangers top and the championship wasn’t given to us.

Same this season to keep the integrity of the game going. 👍

Archived