The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From BBC Scotland, what a surprise it was not worth having:

Coronavirus: SPFL meetings provide few answers on future of Scottish football

A series of meetings of the SPFL clubs has not produced the answers many were looking for over the future of Scottish football.

Each league met by video conference on Thursday, with club representatives keen to learn how the current season would be concluded.

But the meetings, described by one Premiership club representative as "underwhelming", offered little clarity in that regard.

Instead, the Scottish football authorities are awaiting details from a government Coronavirus White Paper and subsequent bill before deciding on how to progress.

celtic say 'season cannot be voided'

Several clubs had hoped the meetings would go some way to deciding whether the current league season was to end immediately, a scenario that could allow final payments to be made.

Some had also hoped there would be discussion of restructuring the leagues to help mitigate against the financial issues clubs are facing as a result of the current suspension of the leagues but that issue did not come up.

It was reiterated that a return to football before the end of June - as mooted by European governing body Uefa - was highly unlikely.

Indeed, the Scottish FA's chief medical consultant Dr John MacLean told clubs that the impact of the coronavirus could be felt for the next 18 months.

An SPFL board meeting is scheduled for after the conclusion of the various league meetings.

33 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

2861C5E3-DC04-4602-817A-E1A8F1C152C2.jpeg

*Terms and conditions:

celtic fc acknowledge that anyone singing, observing others sing, ridiculing those singing and anyone otherwise dictated by the celtic FC Board shall by default support celtic FC being awarded 2019/20 league and scottish cup titles under all circumstances.

6 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

2861C5E3-DC04-4602-817A-E1A8F1C152C2.jpeg

YNWA unless you were a member of their boys club, were systematically abused by the coaches (some knowing reemployed following abuse) and wider abuse ring’s they associated with, were cast adrift and claimed by them as being part of a ‘separate entity’ even though basically everyone in Scottish society knows this to be a lie, are ignored by the MSM and SNP Scottish government....

I could go on but the actually disgust me and after reading the latest Lawell statement earlier they are nothing more than a shameless blot on our society...

16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

From BBC Scotland, what a surprise it was not worth having:

Coronavirus: SPFL meetings provide few answers on future of Scottish football

A series of meetings of the SPFL clubs has not produced the answers many were looking for over the future of Scottish football.

Each league met by video conference on Thursday, with club representatives keen to learn how the current season would be concluded.

But the meetings, described by one Premiership club representative as "underwhelming", offered little clarity in that regard.

Instead, the Scottish football authorities are awaiting details from a government Coronavirus White Paper and subsequent bill before deciding on how to progress.

celtic say 'season cannot be voided'

Several clubs had hoped the meetings would go some way to deciding whether the current league season was to end immediately, a scenario that could allow final payments to be made.

Some had also hoped there would be discussion of restructuring the leagues to help mitigate against the financial issues clubs are facing as a result of the current suspension of the leagues but that issue did not come up.

It was reiterated that a return to football before the end of June - as mooted by European governing body Uefa - was highly unlikely.

Indeed, the Scottish FA's chief medical consultant Dr John MacLean told clubs that the impact of the coronavirus could be felt for the next 18 months.

An SPFL board meeting is scheduled for after the conclusion of the various league meetings.

but The Doc has already told us what the SPFL's plan is because he has inside information. 

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

but The Doc has already told us what the SPFL's plan is because he has inside information. 

SPFL meeting provides few answers yet I was told earlier by a poster they already had their preferred outcome. 

I called it bullshit and I stand by my assessment 😂👍

6 minutes ago, JC10 said:

I would be stunned if we somehow benefitted from this, really can't see a null and void.

I’d be willing to bet if we were in their position, it would be null and voided already and we would be branded scum for still expecting to celebrate winning a title 

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Watch the scum ramp up further finishing this season however possible, whenever possible, even if next season is significantly reduced in no of matches.

They'll not give up on this one.

They will probably ask to finish the league fixtures on The Moon.

This is how I would sort this mess out

• Wait for the government to announce state of emergency (possibly days away)
  • Split the problem into 3 categories Business' and Football 

Football competitions

• Void all competitions. Allowing clubs to activate their in insurance policies.
  • No titles awarded.
  • No promotions. 
  • No demotions
  • Money raised from competitions so far could be pooled into a fund that helps all 42 clubs with parachute payments to help them survive, should insurance not cover them.
  • Any surplus from the pooled funds could be granted to clubs outwith the premier and championship leagues to improve their grounds facilities etc. (After Pandemic)

Football Player Business 

Business can be done via technology

• Allow Players to renew contracts in the summer window
  • Allow sales and purchases of players in the summer window
  • Allow players to have medicals in the summer window
  • Allow player registration in the summer window
  • Allow scouting by video link in the summer window

League Business

• Freeze TV contracts with the remaining time starting back when the football does (good will arrangement with company)
  • Freeze Sponsorship contracts  with the remaining time starting back when the football does (good will arrangement with company)
  • Allow shirt registration
  • Allow new kits to be registered (they can be released and pre-ordered/sold online)
  • Allow clubs to sell 20/21 season tickets with the condition that they only active when the games start back.

Archived