Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

12 minutes ago, LV said:

Surely as a business we qualify for all the government has put in place for businesses?

No idea but I doubt the government is going to cover the full wages of every member of staff, never mind the playing staff. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can’t give them money we don’t have, when everybody is on the dole. 

Dole will cover it fine if you're on a payment scheme. Can do monthly drop offs through the front door  

10 minutes ago, soulboy said:

for non players it would work as govt only paying 80% of wages upto £2500 per month

Why not the players ?

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea but I doubt the government is going to cover the full wages of every member of staff, never mind the playing staff. 

Their not 80% of wages up to £2500 limit per month works can top up if they wish.

1 minute ago, LV said:

Why not the players ?

Because of their contracts. It's up to the clubs how to pay them. 

Thos season will be covered,  but next season is a different story.

That's why I have said I'll still buy a season ticket even if there's no games.

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah. But they can't tell FA's how to run their leagues. 

The FA gets a suspension if it doesn’t run its competition properly as laid out in its rules.

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They do have major influence though. 

Yeah, they cam tell them what they want from the FA's for their clubs to enter each competition. 

They can't tell them how to flrun their league standings though. 

It's up to the FA's if they want to listen to UEFA if they want their clubs to enter each competition. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The FA gets a suspension if it doesn’t run its competition properly as laid out in its rules.

Correct. But I think we all know that the influence in the boardroom of the SFA are more interested in the paedos getting their 9 in a row though. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Correct. But I think we all know that the influence in the boardroom of the SFA are more interested in the paedos getting their 9 in a row though. 

A league can’t be run indefinitely.

An extension needs to be granted. 

Thats why a UEFA meeting last week brought about an agreement of June 30th.

If UEFA had or have no say a meeting wouldn’t even have happened.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

A league can’t be run indefinitely.

An extension needs to be granted. 

Thats why a UEFA meeting last week brought about an agreement of June 30th.

If UEFA had or have no say a meeting wouldn’t even have happened.

That's only about the tournament's they run though - Champions league, Europa league and the Euros. 

It's up to individual FA's if they want to comply with them though. 

UEFA have already changed when the EURO's will be played, so FA's can decide when they want their leagues to be played. 

I think our FA will make sure the remaining games from season 19/20 get played.  

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's only about the tournament's they run though - Champions league, Europa league and the Euros. 

UEFA have already changed when the EURO's will be played, so FA's can decide when they want their leagues to be played. 

So why did 55 FA’s meet with UEFA if they have no say? Seems utterly pointless.

11 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So why did 55 FA’s meet with UEFA if they have no say? Seems utterly pointless.

So they can find out what UEFA want to get teams from each league to play in their competition's.  

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

So they can find out what UEFA want to get teams from each league to play in their competition's.  

And teams can only be entered from complete competitions. That’s the reason the deadline was placed. 

23 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Watch the scum ramp up further finishing this season however possible, whenever possible, even if next season is significantly reduced in no of matches.

They'll not give up on this one.

I’d rather that than it’s given to them. Plus as however unlikely a complete collapse by them might be, just how fucking glorious would it be should we win the cunt ha ha. 

Redwhiteandblue likes this

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ll renew and won’t expect anything in return, even if a ball isn’t kicked this season or next.

If it maximises the potential in the park then it’s the only option to take mate. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Harsh as it sounds it kind of is what it is mate. I'd imagine the payment plans will still be in place in that scenario. 

I'm just stating that I myself would be willing to renew my ST regardless, I appreciate not everyone will be able to with families etc

Yeah fully agree it's the thing to do if people can afford to, and for supporters like me who don't have one to give what's needed if it comes to it.

Redwhiteandblue likes this

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

And teams can only be entered from complete competitions. That’s the reason the deadline was placed. 

Correct. But our FA will be more concerned about getting the 38 games played so they don't have teams suing them. 

36 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Mate don’t talk shite, if it possible it will be played but the government aren’t bending any rules for nobody

how can the FA make sure the games get played when the government won’t allow it

they will either get gifted the title or it will be voided cos no country is getting rid of this virus before June/July