The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

14 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t see that and think this will be over by the summer 

Summer no chance soon as it his 20+degrees people will forget the advice and head out sneezing all over the place as the hay fever kicks in.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Not what they said last night and going by what's happening in Italy it wouldn't surprise me, 600 deaths yesterday and they've been on lockdown for over a week and now about to go into super lockdown

Italy is scary. The UK has experience in a way though after the mad cow disease, foot and mouth, swine flu etc... so hopefully we wont end up like Italy. 

Probably just God giving the catholics a skelp 🙂

17 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Summer no chance soon as it his 20+degrees people will forget the advice and head out sneezing all over the place as the hay fever kicks in.

2 or 3 summers ago it was around 16°C all through June and July. 

We're lucky to get over 20°C in Scotland  🥶🥶😱

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Brora have been handed the league title for the Highland league. 

Our league will go the same way 

Member clubs voted that way. Nothing to suggest clubs in premier league are to be asked to vote on this yet.

Edit. Theres nothing in their rules defining season, number of games etc. Only that the winners are the ones with most points and the end of the competition. Seems like they've went to members for resolution rather than the Board stating league is over and by default they're the winners.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Any link at all to coronavirus and the sfa?

Guy sits on the board at UEFA, Can he be trusted not to influence decisions in cfc favour when speaking with the SFA?

Edit: Also Lawwell is on the UEFA Club Competitions Committee and the UEFA Professional Football Strategy Council as one of the ECA’s representatives.

I have always loved my football.

Its not what it used to be because money is king like never before.

If they go down the road of declaring winners who haven’t won and ignoring the highly pushed sporting integrity line then I honestly think I will fall away from the sport.

It will be done for me as meaning nothing.

I certainly hope it doesn’t go down that road but corruption is rife. 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

What chance do we have when some cunt from the Irish league is backing the  scum, the game really is well and truly fucked!

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I have always loved my football.

Its not what it used to be because money is king like never before.

If they go down the road of declaring winners who haven’t won and ignoring the highly pushed sporting integrity line then I honestly think I will fall away from the sport.

It will be done for me as meaning nothing.

I certainly hope it doesn’t go down that road but corruption is rife. 

I watched a show on ITV last night about when English teams dominated the European stage. 77-84. Some great players playing on muddy fields playing the British style of football. Now, we have all adopted the European style only we don't quite have the players to play it out from the back. 

Filled with great Scots in those days - Frank Gray, Kenny Burns, Trevor Francis (Rangers,) John Robertson, Souness, Dalgleish to name a few.

Reminded me why I love the game so much.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

According to a poster on here when I said no winner was declared in the southern league due to the foot and mouth outbreak years ago he said different rules 

Done some digging about Celtics WW1 titles. They are declared official and count in their number of league wins.

Amazingly during those war years teams really struggled to travel but the most incredible thing is some teams turned up to stadiums without enough players and asked fans to play.

So they have official titles when guys off the streets were getting a game.

How many of their titles are fucking tainted? Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Have you had a look at the league table? Second was 13 points behind but only had five games left to play. Plus Brora had two games in hand. No relegation from that league AND the clubs had a vote for it.

Nowhere near the same situation. Of course the greasy sly fat one from the East End will use it as a jumping off point.

16 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Have you had a look at the league table? Second was 13 points behind but only had five games left to play. Plus Brora had two games in hand. No relegation from that league AND the clubs had a vote for it.

Nowhere near the same situation. Of course the greasy sly fat one from the East End will use it as a jumping off point.

The highland league clubs got to vote on the destination of the title.

Looking at the table only one team could catch Brora and it was 3rd place Fraserburgh. They were robbed of their chance to catch up.

No winner means no winner.

So realistically only they would be unhappy about it being finished.

Its not right that teams are allowed to dictate what happens. 

Too much vested interest. 

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Brora Rangers didn’t win the league.

What happened to sporting integrity?

Does it not count anymore?

Are the leagues a sham now, you don’t actually have to win anymore?

Utter mockery of the premise of play to win. 

Their competitions board isn't the same as the SPFL board so they can vote however they want to vote if the rest of the members are ok with it. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Their competitions board isn't the same as the SPFL board so they can vote however they want to vote if the rest of the members are ok with it. 

It seems very presumptuous that the Highland League seem to think Brora Rangers will now enter into the play-offs. Do they know something ahead of time? Our legal expert on this matter appears to have  bolted. 

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It seems very presumptuous that the Highland League seem to think Brora Rangers will now enter into the play-offs. Do they know something ahead of time? Our legal expert on this matter appears to have  bolted. 

I know, he's done the off thank fuck!!

I think I read something about Bora Rangers getting a cash injection and spending a good few Bob buying the best players from the teams in their leagues so they could almost guarantee that they would get into the professional league. 

I think it was already presumed that it was them that were going to go up before a ball was even kicked. Could explain why they have voted the way they have...

Archived