Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think they will be given 1st place, but it wont be an official title, which to be honest I think would be fair.

They get the next shot at the Champions League given their standings, but they dont get officially granted a title given we could still win it.

I was under the impression that when the league is made void it’s as if it hasn’t been played so they will get champions league spot due to their placing last season. They can’t be giving 1st place, appeasing they bastards is an impossible task their victimised personas would just find something else to greet about.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hartson on the radio saying it would be good if Rangers just said aye ok give the title to the scum, it would be a great gesture and bring fans together, he said he would be saying the same if it was the other way round.

Aye right

Hartson is absolutely full of it. There is not a chance in hell if we were in front they would be conceding the title. If anything the calls for the season to be null and void would be louder.

If the season can't be completed it should be null and void. 

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Hartson is absolutely full of it. There is not a chance in hell if we were in front they would be conceding the title. If anything the calls for the season to be null and void would be louder.

If the season can't be completed it should be null and void. 

It’s a media agenda with both the Record/Sun by the  celtic supporting journalists.

We have seen over the last week them pull out every ex player to get this story out there next up will be Rod 🤔

Well maybe Hartson has lost half his brain (also saved by the nhs) but has he not realised  there’s a major crisis happening just now .

Our NHS is struggling  and his little brain is wanting a football title given🤦‍♀️

Sport ,travel  and schools have been put back due the Coronavirus  thousands will lose there jobs and life's so maybe these journalists  need to grow up and open there eyes to what’s happening in the world.
As well as were not ffn interested.
Null and void and all the Spfl money distributed  evenly between all the teams seems fairest at present.

And hopefully we can restart next season healthy .

Yes, very good John.

So if the season was continuing and Gerard or the Board came out and said - "we think there's no chance of catching celtic, despite having a game in hand and there still being two Old Firm games to go" how does he think the fans would react?

I suppose it is just a wind up from him, and you must admit it isn't a bad one, but why would we ever accept that?  Even if the SFA do hand them the title, we'll never let them forget they didn't win it.

In sport, if a competition isn't completed it is null and void - there's nothing particularly unusual about that principle.  If a golfer was leading the Open after two rounds and due to appalling weather/plague of locusts/whatever the final two rounds couldn't be completed I doubt that he'd be declared the Champion

Very tough on Liverpool if it happens down south, but that is just the way it is.

As far as the European places for next season are arranged, there are a couple of options, but that is a different issue

Blumhoilann likes this

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Anyone seen the Herald? Silver lining in all of this is scott Brown gets a rest!

Fuckin disgusting

In times like this, disgusting is an understatement KK. They truly are a different breed.

surfsup2 and KingKirk like this

16 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Anyone seen the Herald? Silver lining in all of this is scott Brown gets a rest!

Fuckin disgusting

Yes I saw the article. Unbelievable. Thousands dead but Brown getting a rest is the silver lining.

Can't believe that was published in what was once a reputable journal.

17 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Fuckin disgusting

At the rate this crisis is developing he might be retired by time its back to playing 

Too many idiots still hanging onto the league getting finished before the end of June ,we have been told to stay home for 12 weeks ,takes up to the middle of June and that’s the very very minimum 

Again, people are fucking deluded if they think any games are getting played before November at the earliest. Likely longer from what I’ve been told.

12 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Again, people are fucking deluded if they think any games are getting played before November at the earliest. Likely longer from what I’ve been told.

August/September was what I was hearing originally, that's now moved to 'hopefully this year'

LiverpoolBlue likes this

It seems to be Sky that are pushing the football ‘before end of June 30th’. The reason behind that is pure financial from them as they are trying to avoid folk cancelling Sky Sports.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

2021 I’ve been told

Noticed the F1 in June has now been cancelled as well.  No doubt the Open and Wimbledon set for July will be next. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's certainly looking that way. I'm seriously not holding out much hope for clubs to survive that long.

A mate of mine has been given a quite lengthy time of paid leave and I was surprised his club could even afford to do that to be honest

The Dude and MacBoyd like this

23 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

A mate of mine has been given a quite lengthy time of paid leave and I was surprised his club could even afford to do that to be honest

I think most of them are going down that route just now. Most I'd spoken too were given a week or two after the initial shutdown but are all now moving to having training programmes sent out etc. Seems most of them lower down the leagues are just trying to run with a skeleton staff and see where they are once there's more clarity from the league, SFA and governments