The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

14 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The competition should be made void allowing for clubs to activate their insurance. Competition money can then be pooled into a fund to help all 42 club, should their insurance not cover it. As can be seen in this story about Elgin City who are trying to save their 127 history from oblivion.  celtic are being very selfish towards the other 41 clubs and their players by keeping on with this title claim. I think FIFA needs to step in and make the call.

In that case, UEFA should crown us champions of the Europa league and enter us into the champions league next season. 

What they don't mention is, it doesn't need to have any team declared champions for them to get a champions league spot. Each FA tell UEFA which of their members will be playing in each competition the following season and at what point.  If this wasn't true, you wouldn't have teams that finish 2,3,4 in their respective leagues playing in the Champions league at all. And teams who won cups wouldn't be allowed to enter the Europa league.  

Sorry, was quoting the quotes you had in you post. Didn't realise that they were quotes  I thought they were just C&P's.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple questions.

If leagues are declared now and they get the title and Hearts go down, and it’s the same with the 3 other divisions., how many clubs are given something unfairly?

If league are declared null and void and everyone gets treated the same, all monies split evenly, how many clubs get something unfairly?

If you are ok with the first part you are a fucking idiot and celtic is the team for you. 

8 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

In that case, UEFA should crown us champions of the Europa league and enter us into the champions league next season. 

What they don't mention is, it doesn't need to have any team declared champions for them to get a champions league spot. Each FA tell UEFA which of their members will be playing in each competition the following season and at what point.  If this wasn't true, you wouldn't have teams that finish 2,3,4 in their respective leagues playing in the Champions league at all. And teams who won cups wouldn't be allowed to enter the Europa league.  

I think games should be voided across the board and money raised pooled to help clubs survive this pandemic as it may be a few seasons before the world can play football again, if governments can't get this virus under control. The governing bodies will have enough time to organise a solution for when football can be played again even if it's starting from a default of 2018/19 season. For now I think they should protect the game the best they can.

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

They don't, no. There's no requirement to be champions to play in the CL.

Exactly. So the SFA OR SPFL don't need to seek advice from UEFA  on who they should declare champions.  Its pathetic as we all know the answer is - you dont need to declare anyone champions.  Just forward us your list on which team(s) from your association do you want to enter each competition at each stage your coefficient allows you to enter?

For what is worth, this is my solution. The league is declared null & void as well as the European competitions.  celtic enter the champions league for being ahead at the time play was suspended and us in the Europa. That is sporing integrity in my eyes.

The ones who suffer are the league leaders in the lower divisions.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I think games should be voided across the board and money raised pooled to help clubs survive this pandemic as it may be a few seasons before the world can play football again, if governments can't get this virus under control. The governing bodies will have enough time to organise a solution for when football can be played again even if it's starting from a default of 2018/19 season. For now I think they should protect the game the best they can.

I think you mean season 19/20, either way I totally agree.

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Simple questions.

If leagues are declared now and they get the title and Hearts go down, and it’s the same with the 3 other divisions., how many clubs are given something unfairly?

If league are declared null and void and everyone gets treated the same, all monies split evenly, how many clubs get something unfairly?

If you are ok with the first part you are a fucking idiot and celtic is the team for you. 

You need to stop that shite Dave. Too fucking sensible mate. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For what is worth, this is my solution. The league is declared null & void as well as the European competitions.  celtic enter the champions league for being ahead at the time play was suspended and us in the Europa. That is sporing integrity in my eyes.

The ones who suffer are the league leaders in the lower divisions.

Could maybe add in a play off between bottom and top of each league to give them a fighting chance of not suffering before the season starts, although I cant see Hearts or any other team who still have a mathematical chance of getting off the bottom spot in their respective league's. 

The only place in the world that is banging on about football and announcing the league champions is this backwater of a country. I lost my faith in the media a long time ago but it’s pretty disgusting how it is getting reported. It’s the exact same set up as 2012. They are pretty much deciding that the tramps are champions before anything has been announced, similar to us being demoted and the hate filled negative press applied to us. Posting articles and columns of anyone who has a favourable opinion on the scum getting the title.

If only there was this much vigour applied to the rape of hundreds of young boys and bringing the persons responsible to justice. Instead of pushing for said club to win illegal titles they should be pushing for the same club to be shut down, assets sold and monies distributed to the hundreds of life’s ruined by this horrible and disgustingly institution.

Truly sickened but not surprised.

16 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

The people in the media talking about this and making them champions are a disgrace, it's incredibly distasteful at best to be even considering this with what is happening in the world just now.

It’s sound mate as it means Lego is getting a rest! 😳

5 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Jesus fucking wept. The Daylate Rhebel are on a mission. Fenian bastards. Look at that, let’s now dump sporting integrity. Scottish football is an actual embarrassment.

50E7CD24-C61C-4587-8745-5F6A5C90E696.png

Thanks for posting that, the comment below it made me literally laugh out loud. 😂😂

5 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Willie Miller is a fucking bellend wanting to keep his job at Pacific Quay CSC.

Null and void is completely fair on everyone. 👍

I would like to see the context in which he said it in though. 

Its says he suggests it, did he suggest it? Not sporting integrity being binned, celtic being crowned champions. 

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't understand mate with everything that is going on in the world right now, how this lot can still be demanding a title. 

Football should be on the back burner right now but yet we get daily reports pushing the title awarding narrative. 

I really hope long term this comes back to haunt them. As they are literally the only club in europe demanding it, embarrassing and utterly shameless. 

i know mate,Liverpool are 2 wins away from their 1st title in 30 years and i haven't seen a peep from them.The fkin scum on the other hand manager,players ,directors of said scummy club all never out the papers,fkin sad lot they are.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Simple questions.

That's the thing with the SPFL. What a lot of folk seem to forget, the SPFL isn't just 1 league, its 2. It was a merger of The old SPL and the old SFL Div 1. So if they do crown champions in one, they would need to do the same in the other. Which would mean either a team getting crowned champions and not getting promoted missing out on the "riches"  of the top league, yet another in the same league getting crowned champions and getting all the riches of the champions league. I can't see Hearts or Dundee UTD being happy with either scenario.  

Only way I can see to make this fair is null and void and split the cash. 

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

Yeah, this squabbling over who should be champions is like kids fighting in the school yard getting broken up by a teacher before someone won.

Quite frankly, its embarrassing.

And when you take into consideration that the reason the leagues are off because people are dying then it is shameful at best. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

The only place in the world that is banging on about football and announcing the league champions is this backwater of a country. I lost my faith in the media a long time ago but it’s pretty disgusting how it is getting reported. It’s the exact same set up as 2012. They are pretty much deciding that the tramps are champions before anything has been announced, similar to us being demoted and the hate filled negative press applied to us. Posting articles and columns of anyone who has a favourable opinion on the scum getting the title.

If only there was this much vigour applied to the rape of hundreds of young boys and bringing the persons responsible to justice. Instead of pushing for said club to win illegal titles they should be pushing for the same club to be shut down, assets sold and monies distributed to the hundreds of life’s ruined by this horrible and disgustingly institution.

That is the worst part about it. It has become so commonplace that things that should shock don't even 

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Engineering equivalencies in children being sexually abused isn’t even beyond them all to create a false narrative that their boys club is just one of many. 

Scottish fenians media lack a moral compass.

40 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's the thing with the SPFL. What a lot of folk seem to forget, the SPFL isn't just 1 league, its 2.

The SPFL includes the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yeah, this squabbling over who should be champions is like kids fighting in the school yard getting broken up by a teacher before someone won.

Quite frankly, its embarrassing.

And when you take into consideration that the reason the leagues are off because people are dying then it is shameful at best. 

Another dark stain on their rancid history.

At some point something really bad is going to happen to that club might be 10 years might be 30 but they taig bastards have got some bad doo doo coming their way, eventually karma will catch up, just hope I’m around to revel in it.

32 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Another dark stain on their rancid history.

At some point something really bad is going to happen to that club might be 10 years might be 30 but they taig bastards have got some bad doo doo coming their way, eventually karma will catch up, just hope I’m around to revel in it.

It will just be a re-run of the salmond trial.

Archived