MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 weeks ago folk thought leagues wouldn't be cancelled. Now we're subject of a  3 week lock down which will either be extended, or will see stricter enforcements ie curfews/ removal of exercise option, or both.

But as you say just a few weeks to go for some before normality has been resumed. 🙄

This news from down south is interesting. Voided season, all results wiped. Perhaps we are now seeing people finally open their eyes to fact this season is done and prob be lucky to see any football before September. 

B1872 likes this

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This news from down south is interesting. Voided season, all results wiped. Perhaps we are now seeing people finally open their eyes to fact this season is done and prob be lucky to see any football before September. 

I think most know the season is over however it ends up being resolved. The only ones not on the same page are those underestimating the severity of the crisis.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think most know the season is over however it ends up being resolved. The only ones not on the same page are those underestimating the severity of the crisis.

Too true mate.

I think people are starting to see the bigger picture and how impactful it’s going to be on all of us.

Football becomes irrelevant in the grand scale.

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the FA are giving the go ahead to null and void certain leagues then surely you have to do it across the board.

You can’t give out different treatment to different clubs under the same ladder. 

Void the lot and get it over with. 

They can differentiate and must. There was a league last week who awarded a club champions status after all clubs voted and agreed to do so. If we're saying it's a one size fits all then are we saying that could be the right way to deal with all leagues?

The thing I agree with the Dude about is that all league have different rules, so for me the only common approach should be to follow the rules where they exist for each league.

Imo for our league theres enough clarity that 38 games need to be played before a league is completed. For me if no 38 games then nul and void is the only solution. I get others dont interpret rules the same way, but imo whilst they're open to interpretation the rules are there.

One size doesnt fit all. Rules where the exist and cover this area need to be adhered to.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They can differentiate and must. There was a league last week who awarded a club champions status after all clubs voted and agreed to do so. If we're saying it's a one size fits all then are we saying that could be the right way to deal with all leagues?

The thing I agree with the Dude about is that all league have different rules, so for me the only common approach should be to follow the rules where they exist for each league.

Imo for our league theres enough clarity that 38 games need to be played before a league is completed. For me if no 38 games then nul and void is the only solution. I get others dont interpret rules the same way, but imo whilst they're open to interpretation the rules are there.

One size doesnt fit all. Rules where the exist and cover this area need to be adhered to.

Was talking about the FA on this occasion mate. They have voided some but not all in their system. That’s mental. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Was talking about the FA on this occasion mate. They have voided some but not all in their system. That’s mental. 

Yeah mate, if all the league have the same rules is all I'm saying. The highland league comes within the SFA pyramid but has different rules, that's the only point I'm making re differentiating 👍

Dave Hedgehog likes this

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah mate, if all the league have the same rules is all I'm saying. The highland league comes within the SFA pyramid but has different rules, that's the only point I'm making re differentiating 👍

I would love to know if there is any rule anywhere that allows a title to be handed out without finishing a season.

The highland league done a vote, only one club wanted to finish the season, all the others were happy to give the title to Brora.

Allowing a self serving self interest vote to decide is very dangerous. 

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is probably all about 'you know who' being given the title I would imagine. :headwall:

Do you really think so ,do you think they would try something to help them out 

(lockdown is playing with my mind)

😂😂

Bears r us likes this

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would love to know if there is any rule anywhere that allows a title to be handed out without finishing a season.

The highland league done a vote, only one club wanted to finish the season, all the others were happy to give the title to Brora.

Allowing a self serving self interest vote to decide is very dangerous. 

Thats how the English clubs decided

Thats how the Highland league clubs decided

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

A well know twitter handle that regularly leaks things, if he's posting this then its real, and it's a fucking disgrace

Nothing to do with the SPFL.  A consultant in England created and circulated it around clubs. Neil Doncaster insists it was neither created by, for or with any involvement from the SPFL. 

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nothing to do with the SPFL.  A consultant in England created and circulated it around clubs. Neil Doncaster insists it was neither created by, for or with any involvement from the SPFL. 

Just a random consultant?  Must of been bored stuck in the house and did it for fun. 

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well if Neil Doncaster insists then it must be true eh lol

bornabear and Howsitgoing like this

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Just a random consultant?  Must of been bored stuck in the house and did it for fun. 

Makes you wonder why some random consultant would sit and make all that up off his own back and then circulate it to the clubs.

Its a good job Neil Doncaster can be trusted 😂

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Or did so on behalf of a club.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well if Neil Doncaster insists then it must be true eh lol

While random Twitter accounts are unimpeachable sources of information. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Could it be that the spfl came up with this random guy after it was leaked 

Just Juan Consultant honest.