Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

2 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

General consensus on here (with maybe one or two dissensenting voices...)  is that the current season should be null and voided. I agree, but don't really know what the consequences of that would be in terms of European places etc.

However, I think there is a realisation that the powers that be are going do to everything they can to gift them the title.  In that circumstance  the majority of posters  would expect the club to take some form of action, be it going to court  / CAS or the like. Indeed the club has already stated that it would take some action. 

My (genuine) question is- what actually does that action look like?  I think we would have to show that we were in some way  ( financially) disadvantaged by that compared to the null and void option to even get to a civil hearing, much less win one. Am I missing something?

Spain voided last week I’m sure ,plus there is no guarantee of European football next year ,would be very surprised if they didn’t have to change the formats if there were any tournaments,the whole of Europe will need to be virus free for normal competition to start 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Big meeting tomorrow with all 55 member associations will hopefully provide some clarity.

We’ll get a timeline for the CL or it will be binned same with EL.

No decisions on individual FAs will be made IMO.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Can't we just settle this by playing all the currently remaining games behind closed doors with the players keeping 2 metres from each other throughout the game ?

Like the majority of defences , especially Aberdeen's against the mhanky mob

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Just saw the scottish rugby thingy have made their league null and void with no relegation nor promotion.

I understand approx half the league voted for that with around 25% voting for positions to stand as final.

Some people in sport are looking at the bigger picture here and rightfully so.

The dude hates this

kelvd1873 and BillyG91 like this

On 30/03/2020 at 13:57, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From April last year:

The £25 million league prize money is distributed according to the percentages set out below and is based on overall league standing at the end of the season.

Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Ladbrokes Championship
1st - 2.25% - £562,500 
2nd - 1.90% - £475,000 
3rd - 1.60% - £400,000 
4th - 1.30% - £325,000 
5th - 1.00% - £250,000 
6th - 0.90% - £225,000 
7th - 0.85% - £212,500 
8th - 0.80% - £200,000 
9th - 0.75% - £187,500 
10th - 0.70% - £175,000 

Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 

Ladbrokes League 2    
1st - 0.27% - £67,500 
2nd - 0.26% - £65,000 
3rd - 0.25% - £62,500 
4th - 0.24% - £60,000 
5th - 0.23% - £57,500 
6th - 0.22% - £55,000 
7th - 0.21% - £52,500 
8th - 0.20% - £50,000 
9th - 0.19% - £47,500 
10th - 0.18% - £45,000

0.1% difference between 1st & 2nd in league 2.

0.7% for the same in league 1.

0.35% for the same in the championship 

3.8% for the same in Premiership. 

This was drawn up when it was known we wouldn't get first place in the Premiership for a long time. Giving Aberdeen the money they needed to finish 2nd in every season we were down plus 2 when we were up. 3rd place getting 1.35% less than second which is 10x more than the same for the leagues we were in when were in them and continues to be.

Could this be why theres calls for league reconstruction AGAIN? Na, couldn't be.

Anyone else smell a rhat? 

Bloody paranoid protestants again. 

On 30/03/2020 at 14:02, The Dude said:

Which clubs? 

Hibs, celtic, Dundee hibs. All high ranking members on the SPFL board. 

Why? 

And why would you even pose that question? You know we are hated by every single team that was in the SPL in 2012 so you can add them in too.

Why the fuvk are you not banned from here yet? You're nothing but a troll and an antagonist.  You CONSTANTLY try an rile up "fellow" fans.  

If you spoke the way you do on here in front of real people I would pay money to see the outcome.  

Colin Traive and bornabear like this

On 30/03/2020 at 20:57, Dave Hedgehog said:

celtic fan claims precedent was set by UEFA in 1991/92 Yugoslav League when Red Star Belgrade we’re awarded the title when the season hadn’t been completed. 

I have always said if you need to lie to make a point your point is invalid.

Red Star Belgrade were 4 points clear with one game left. The reason the other game wasn’t played is because a team pulled out the league half way through.

As you can see they were 4 points ahead after 33 games in an 18 team league, 34 matches would be the end of the season. 

B4DCB13A-137A-4B3E-B3B8-C9720685EFD9.png

F7589ADC-BAE5-439E-81E2-6D10C138F1E0.png

President? Never knew they had a vote during the war. 

Every day is a school day. 

magic8ball likes this

On 30/03/2020 at 23:47, Redemption80 said:

New poster so may not get taken seriously but i would accept them being given the tile only if this is this is standard policy for every league.

Leaving this to Scottish officials on the other hand i am not in favour of.

Unfortunately I do feel  wrapping up the season as is will be considered the easiest solution by all though.  Clubs are going to complain worldwide either way.

Don't worry about not being taken seriously mate.

You're clearly a fucking taig. 

You will be taken so seriously that we have a hammer for guys like you.

On 31/03/2020 at 00:10, Redemption80 said:

We have to be realistic.

People are rapped up in their own ego these days, i would rather be wrong and happy than right and unhappy.

Wrapped up is how you spell that word, unless you are trying to be a rapper? I,  no matter where in a sentence is always a capital letter. 

I don't know exactly what you are wanting to be right or wrong about (congrats on the silent "w" in the word wrong) but going by your first two posts, I have a feeling you will be happy. 

Colin Traive likes this

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wrapped up is how you spell that word, unless you are trying to be a rapper? I,  no matter where in a sentence is always a capital letter. 

I don't know exactly what you are wanting to be right or wrong about (congrats on the silent "w" in the word wrong) but going by your first two posts, I have a feeling you will be happy. 

This is shocking behaviour,mocking someone just because of the school they attended.

bornabear and magic8ball like this

17 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Only if stocks last? Are brewers classed as key workers? Genuine question. 

I don't see why not. Alcoholics could die from withdrawal.  Can have seizures and stuff like that. We couldn't have alcoholics taking up hospital beds when we need as many free beds as possible just now so I would put them in the essential workers category.  There more alcoholics than all other drug addicts put together. Especially the ones who are in denial or simply don't know that they're alcoholics simply because they have such easy access to it.

glasgow argyle likes this

14 minutes ago, Dickie said:

This is shocking behaviour,mocking someone just because of the school they attended.

You're correct. It's not his fault his parents sent him to sectarian school where he couldn't get a proper education. 

Sorry, won't happen again 🙂

Dickie likes this

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I don't see why not. Alcoholics could die from withdrawal.  Can have seizures and stuff like that. We couldn't have alcoholics taking up hospital beds when we need as many free beds as possible just now so I would put them in the essential workers category.  There more alcoholics than all other drug addicts put together. Especially the ones who are in denial or simply don't know that they're alcoholics simply because they have such easy access to it.

It doesn't bother me really , as I only drink 1 can or bottled beer a week, and I have enough in stock to last me until July,  I only drink whisky once a week and I have enough to last me for years rather than months,  I even have some out of date cans of lager which I could give free of charge to any alcoholic who is struggling with supplies,  it was announced a few days ago that buckfast were stopping production due to corona virus, hence the genuine question of the long term availability of cans or bottled beer. 

15 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

It doesn't bother me really , as I only drink 1 can or bottled beer a week, and I have enough in stock to last me until July,  I only drink whisky once a week and I have enough to last me for years rather than months,  I even have some out of date cans of lager which I could give free of charge to any alcoholic who is struggling with supplies,  it was announced a few days ago that buckfast were stopping production due to corona virus, hence the genuine question of the long term availability of cans or bottled beer. 

Fuck. The young teams all hoped up on Vodka and Whisky. Gonae be carnage on the streets. I have a bottle of Buckfast in my house from the night I moved in (January2yr ago lol). Will take bids on it 😂

glasgow argyle likes this

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

To be fair you are a complete mong as well. 

19 minutes ago, OhW said:

To be fair you are a complete mong as well. 

Do you just come in here to be some sort of arsehole. It’s a football forum and we will have different opinions, you don’t even try to debate it. I was not a smart man the other day and your next contribution is calling another poster a mong. Grow up you twat! 

718E0691-721B-4466-80F0-F89C0E6D9ADC.jpeg

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

0.1% difference between 1st & 2nd in league 2.

0.7% for the same in league 1.

0.35% for the same in the championship 

3.8% for the same in Premiership. 

This was drawn up when it was known we wouldn't get first place in the Premiership for a long time. Giving Aberdeen the money they needed to finish 2nd in every season we were down plus 2 when we were up. 3rd place getting 1.35% less than second which is 10x more than the same for the leagues we were in when were in them and continues to be.

Could this be why theres calls for league reconstruction AGAIN? Na, couldn't be.

Anyone else smell a rhat? 

Bloody paranoid protestants again. 

1/2 your first 4 calculations are wrong. But I get the point you're making.

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Hibs, celtic, Dundee hibs. All high ranking members on the SPFL board. 

Why? 

And why would you even pose that question? You know we are hated by every single team that was in the SPL in 2012 so you can add them in too.

Why the fuvk are you not banned from here yet? You're nothing but a troll and an antagonist.  You CONSTANTLY try an rile up "fellow" fans.  

If you spoke the way you do on here in front of real people I would pay money to see the outcome.  

The fact that he even asked “what clubs” is staggering.

No real Rangers fan needs to ask that 👍

bornabear likes this