The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

There could be some very unusual swings between the first & second legs, depending on how badly the teams are affected!

How can we possibly play a 2nd leg next season, what if we sell 5/6 players and buy 6 new players, what squad would UEFA expect us to use?

Both tournaments to be scrapped and each club remaining in both competitions get a recommendation 😉

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

How can we possibly play a 2nd leg next season, what if we sell 5/6 players and buy 6 new players, what squad would UEFA expect us to use?

Both tournaments to be scrapped and each club remaining in both competitions get a recommendation 😉

I know, mate - it was a bit hypothetical / tongue in cheek.

Doesn’t always come across well in print...

But given the potentially huge gap between the legs (so to speak!), is possible to imagine some squads getting decimated, thus allowing the underdog to turn things round - and as you say, we might sign half a squad of better players.

As I said, it WAS hypothetical!😂

Just now, HG5 said:

But given the potentially huge gap between the legs (so to speak!), is possible to imagine some squads getting decimated, thus allowing the underdog to turn things round - and as you say, we might sign half a squad of better players.

Sorry....when I typed that it wasn't that I thought you were suggesting it m8 it was mor my thoughts that UEFA are off their nuts if they think it can roll onto next season 😂😂

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sorry....when I typed that it wasn't that I thought you were suggesting it m8 it was mor my thoughts that UEFA are off their nuts if they think it can roll onto next season 😂😂

No worries!

Yes - it does seem crazy!

However, it is UEFA we’re talking about...

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

None of those three clubs are on the SPFL board. 

Like Hearts hate us? They desperate for celtic to get the title? 

If you asked me that before 2012 I would've said no chance, but seeing as they were the very first club who came out publicly and stated that they wanted us chucked out the league, then I  would be willing to stick money on them backing celtic over us 100% even with an owner change. I was at our very first game against Hearts when we first came back up st Ibrox and I was in the last row where the segregation began and there was lighters, coins, and everything else flying in both directions the guys sitting on the segregation line were genuinely shitting themselves.  So much so that at the next game at Ibrox their allocation had to be reduced cause  of the risk.  And that is public record. I'm sure with the right Google foo you could find something about it. And then the SFA board or whatever it is where we have more enemies than friends.  Whichever one it is that has Rod Petrie, that dodgy bastard liewell who you are too shit scared to write about being on cfcs board when they were hiring known paedofiles and Thompson jr on it board. All well known Rangers HATERS. They fucking despise us, so much so that they won't sell us players or boo our players when they play for Scotland  oh, and what was it again? Oh aye  TRIED TO FUCKING KILL US.

12 hours ago, OhW said:

If somebody writes something stupid I am more compelled to comment. 

So rather than help the person learn from their mistake, you are, as you put it COMPELLED to call them an idiot? 

I bet you don't do that in the pubs and you must never go to Ibrox because I hear people shouting really bloody stupid shit things at games,  every game almost. Yet I've never read about any of our fans fighting in the stands with each other. 

So why are you not compelled to do it there? Is it because you need a minute to think if someone has shouted something stupid suggesting that you are the stupid one/shitebag or is it because you're just a keyboard warrior and definitely need a minute to think about whether they have written something stupid?  

Yet the best you can do with that info is call people names. 

I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for you now. 

12 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

What about debating it, your not doing yourself any favours by replying with answers like “ your a mong”   Looking through your contributions it’s all condescending crap or personal insults.  

If personal insults is your only contribution then reading through your time line I believe your a wee man that needs to come in here to try to build up your existence and I pity you.  You need to grow up a bit.  

Shit, I should've read this before I wrote what I had written above this... 

Problem with trying to catch up with over 25 notifications...

10 hours ago, left winger said:

I don’t think, for a second, that they have any fondness for celtic, but when it came to the crunch in 2012, and whenever we play them,  there’s no disguising their hatred. Fuck them.

I agree. Not often I can say that with one of your posts, but this is the BD, not the politics section I suppose...

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hearts have been among the worst support for shity chants and hatred towards us since 2012. The game that was abandoned due to snow they were particularly bad trying to go ahead with our support and deserved the slapping they got at the back of the Broomloan. A visit to tyncastle is like they are still stuck in 2012.

Obviously though they will be wanting the season null and void like every other club will do what’s best for them. 

Was this the first game at Ibrox when we played them our first season back up? I seem to remember walking out that game early. I have a story from that game about why I left early which I can't post publicly, but I'm sure you could guess how my story goes if you guys up the rear gave them a tanking too. And by that I mean fans round about me done that down the front too. I wasn't involved in any of the shenanigans, I was at the game alone. 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Who are UEFA? According to Declan The Dude, they’ve got fuck all to do with Scottish football

🤠

To be fair to @The Dick, they don't really. They aren't FIFA, so can't make rules of the game. They're the organisation who organises  International club football tournaments in Europe.  They can't tell any FA what to do. All they're interested in is sorting out European football between clubs and FA's. Outside of that, I don't think they have much scope at all really.  

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Was this the first game at Ibrox when we played them our first season back up? I seem to remember walking out that game early. I have a story from that game about why I left early which I can't post publicly, but I'm sure you could guess how my story goes if you guys up the rear gave them a tanking too. And by that I mean fans round about me done that down the front too. I wasn't involved in any of the shenanigans, I was at the game alone. 

Outside at the back of the Broomloan stand I meant mate 

Everybody left early the game was abandoned.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

So Bayer v Rangers has been put back to July? (not gonna happen). Isn't that when qualifiers for next season begin? UEFA's statements are becoming murkier rather than giving clarity.

They're just hoping that they can continue to get TV money this season so they get all of their monthly wages and yearly bonuses.  Without it, they will be a tiny bit less rich for doing fuck all than they would normally had been for doing fuck all.

Bet they change the rules si they get their bonuses etc at the start of the season rather than the end. And how they will get their way round that is by changing the rules straight away so as soon as the European fixtures start up again they get their bonuses straight away meaning they will essentially be mitigating the "loss" they will incur from this season. 

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

There could be some very unusual swings between the first & second legs, depending on how badly the teams are affected!

After that 13yr old dying last night with apparently no underlying health conditions (which unless this virus has mutated, I'm calling bullshit.) Then some teams might genuinely have players who have died. 

Quite a big thing in the medical community in the last year or two is the amount of people on inhalers who don't actually have asthma so theres been pressure on doctors to be 100% certain before they start dishing out inhalers. So I'm going to guess that theres a few people walking around with asthma who haven't actually had a proper asthma attack yet not being diagnosed with asthma despite having it. So I'm going to guess that this wee guy has had undiagnosed asthma or something else the wee guy has had. If not, then I'm guessing that Covid 19 might have already mutated...

Just my $3 worth. 

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So no Wimbledon

No Olympics

Most major events completely cancelled, sporting or otherwise

UEFA......let’s see if this worldwide pandemic can go away so we can make money, erm I mean play these games.

Fucking dickheads. 

Lets hope we can start winning the war against this dreadful disease while UEFA plan to play a fucking game 🤬

Will play games in Antarctica to ram them in. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

After that 13yr old dying last night with apparently no underlying health conditions (which unless this virus has mutated, I'm calling bullshit.) Then some teams might genuinely have players who have died. 

Quite a big thing in the medical community in the last year or two is the amount of people on inhalers who don't actually have asthma so theres been pressure on doctors to be 100% certain before they start dishing out inhalers. So I'm going to guess that theres a few people walking around with asthma who haven't actually had a proper asthma attack yet not being diagnosed with asthma despite having it. So I'm going to guess that this wee guy has had undiagnosed asthma or something else the wee guy has had. If not, then I'm guessing that Covid 19 might have already mutated...

Just my $3 worth. 

So on no basis other than you're aware too many folk get inhalers, you're of the opinion a kid who died must have had under lying health conditions as otherwise it's a mutating virus?

Where in the rule book does covid absolutely not affect healthy juveniles?

Ffs give it a fucking rest man.

Given the cancellation of the Edinburgh Festival and the Fringe in August, where even the most modest estimate puts the loss of income to the Scottish economy at a quarter of a billion, you really can't see the football season starting on schedule next season, let alone any of this season being completed. I guess they could maybe still do the Scottish Cup games as some type of season opening tournament, but the league has no chance now.

Could easily see some sort of format next year where they start the season late and every team just plays once home and away - maybe allowing Hearts to stay up and still let promotion happen?

Would actually be really nice to see European competition just go back to being an unseeded knock out tournament, and get rid of the groups and seedings that just feed the rich teams.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

they’ve ruined football due to the greed of money 

Did you watch that 1986 Skol cup final I posted? Andy Gray was sitting in the studio and they were talking about how it was ridiculous that they couldn't afford to play a reply even though there were 75,000 fans there and it was also getting money from being on TV. I wonder if that was when Andy Gray had his ideas about how to get more money into the game by getting more shown on TV. According to him, it was him who had the idea to put a clock on the TV do fans could always see what time it was and a load of other things that he hot SKY to do who we all know were the ones to first start throwing ridiculous amounts of money at Football until BT came in an offered 5times the amount that SKY offered which put the TV money through the roof and that happened between Abramovich and the Arabs coming in and throwing all sorts of ridiculous amounts at clubs. If so, then its Andy Gray who is to blame 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

Edinburgh fringe and military tattoo also cancelled,  so highly unlikely any football played until September unless behind closed doors. 

Even behind closed doors, I can't see it happening.  Even formula one is cancelled and those guys wear all sorts of protective clothing plus if you have ever been to the racing, it's more of a TV sport. Boring as shit standing and seeing a load of cars pass and not really knowing much about which car is in first  and then waiting a minute and a bit to watch the exact same thing happen again.  Unless you can see a TV screen from wherever you are of course?

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

After that highlighted line, my dirty mind couldn't help but read too much into underdogs coming from behind etc...

STOP PUTTING THOUGHS IN MY MIND, HOW DO YOU GET TO PUT THOUGHTS IN MY MIND. ITS NOT YOU WHO GETS TO DO THAT!!

100PTS for the first to get what film/tv show that came from.

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So on no basis other than you're aware too many folk get inhalers, you're of the opinion a kid who died must have had under lying health conditions as otherwise it's a mutating virus?

Where in the rule book does covid absolutely not affect healthy juveniles?

Ffs give it a fucking rest man.

Its just a guess. Just putting it out there. With the little amount "we" know about this virus, a 13yr old dying despite not having any medical conditions means that what we have been told so far is either wrong or the boy had undiagnosed underlying health conditions or it has mutated.  Can only be one of those 3. 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Its just a guess. Just putting it out there. With the little amount "we" know about this virus, a 13yr old dying despite not having any medical conditions means that what we have been told so far is either wrong or the boy had undiagnosed underlying health conditions or it has mutated.  Can only be one of those 3. 

It isnt one of those 3 things at all.

He could have just been very unlucky. Anyone could die of this thing. Young, old, sick or healthy.

Your odds are much better if you are young and healthy, but it does not mean that you will not die. Every person can have a different reaction. Some young fit healthy people will most likely die due to their reaction to it. 

32 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Did you watch that 1986 Skol cup final I posted? Andy Gray was sitting in the studio and they were talking about how it was ridiculous that they couldn't afford to play a reply even though there were 75,000 fans there and it was also getting money from being on TV. I wonder if that was when Andy Gray had his ideas about how to get more money into the game by getting more shown on TV. According to him, it was him who had the idea to put a clock on the TV do fans could always see what time it was and a load of other things that he hot SKY to do who we all know were the ones to first start throwing ridiculous amounts of money at Football until BT came in an offered 5times the amount that SKY offered which put the TV money through the roof and that happened between Abramovich and the Arabs coming in and throwing all sorts of ridiculous amounts at clubs. If so, then its Andy Gray who is to blame 🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Even behind closed doors, I can't see it happening.  Even formula one is cancelled and those guys wear all sorts of protective clothing plus if you have ever been to the racing, it's more of a TV sport. Boring as shit standing and seeing a load of cars pass and not really knowing much about which car is in first  and then waiting a minute and a bit to watch the exact same thing happen again.  Unless you can see a TV screen from wherever you are of course?

Seek help. Contact a Dr...

Archived