Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

45 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Be some laugh playing the 2nd leg against Leverkusen in a years time.

Let's hope they are off form 😅

HG5 likes this

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Thats Wimbledon cancelled too.

There is no way on earth it will be possible to finish the season. 

Its going to be continually delayed  time after time then ultimately cancelled anyway.

:thumbup:

21 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Let's hope they are off form 😅

There could be some very unusual swings between the first & second legs, depending on how badly the teams are affected!

dummiesoot likes this

2 hours ago, bornabear said:

UEFA have suspended CL and EL indefinitely.

and those bastards Bayern Leverkusen have not refunded anyone yet for any tickets bought 🤬

HG5 likes this

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So no Wimbledon

No Olympics

Most major events completely cancelled, sporting or otherwise

UEFA......let’s see if this worldwide pandemic can go away so we can make money, erm I mean play these games.

Fucking dickheads. 

Lets hope we can start winning the war against this dreadful disease while UEFA plan to play a fucking game 🤬

they’ve ruined football due to the greed of money 

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

There could be some very unusual swings between the first & second legs, depending on how badly the teams are affected!

How can we possibly play a 2nd leg next season, what if we sell 5/6 players and buy 6 new players, what squad would UEFA expect us to use?

Both tournaments to be scrapped and each club remaining in both competitions get a recommendation 😉

bluenoz likes this

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

How can we possibly play a 2nd leg next season, what if we sell 5/6 players and buy 6 new players, what squad would UEFA expect us to use?

Both tournaments to be scrapped and each club remaining in both competitions get a recommendation 😉

I know, mate - it was a bit hypothetical / tongue in cheek.

Doesn’t always come across well in print...

But given the potentially huge gap between the legs (so to speak!), is possible to imagine some squads getting decimated, thus allowing the underdog to turn things round - and as you say, we might sign half a squad of better players.

As I said, it WAS hypothetical!😂

Bears r us and Bobby Hume like this

Just now, HG5 said:

I know, mate - it was a bit hypothetical / tongue in cheek.

Doesn’t always come across well in print...

But given the potentially huge gap between the legs (so to speak!), is possible to imagine some squads getting decimated, thus allowing the underdog to turn things round - and as you say, we might sign half a squad of better players.

As I said, it WAS hypothetical!😂

Sorry....when I typed that it wasn't that I thought you were suggesting it m8 it was mor my thoughts that UEFA are off their nuts if they think it can roll onto next season 😂😂

Bears r us, Bobby Hume and HG5 like this

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sorry....when I typed that it wasn't that I thought you were suggesting it m8 it was mor my thoughts that UEFA are off their nuts if they think it can roll onto next season 😂😂

No worries!

Yes - it does seem crazy!

However, it is UEFA we’re talking about...

hammer93 likes this

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

None of those three clubs are on the SPFL board. 

Like Hearts hate us? They desperate for celtic to get the title? 

If you asked me that before 2012 I would've said no chance, but seeing as they were the very first club who came out publicly and stated that they wanted us chucked out the league, then I  would be willing to stick money on them backing celtic over us 100% even with an owner change. I was at our very first game against Hearts when we first came back up st Ibrox and I was in the last row where the segregation began and there was lighters, coins, and everything else flying in both directions the guys sitting on the segregation line were genuinely shitting themselves.  So much so that at the next game at Ibrox their allocation had to be reduced cause  of the risk.  And that is public record. I'm sure with the right Google foo you could find something about it. And then the SFA board or whatever it is where we have more enemies than friends.  Whichever one it is that has Rod Petrie, that dodgy bastard liewell who you are too shit scared to write about being on cfcs board when they were hiring known paedofiles and Thompson jr on it board. All well known Rangers HATERS. They fucking despise us, so much so that they won't sell us players or boo our players when they play for Scotland  oh, and what was it again? Oh aye  TRIED TO FUCKING KILL US.

12 hours ago, OhW said:

If somebody writes something stupid I am more compelled to comment. 

So rather than help the person learn from their mistake, you are, as you put it COMPELLED to call them an idiot? 

I bet you don't do that in the pubs and you must never go to Ibrox because I hear people shouting really bloody stupid shit things at games,  every game almost. Yet I've never read about any of our fans fighting in the stands with each other. 

So why are you not compelled to do it there? Is it because you need a minute to think if someone has shouted something stupid suggesting that you are the stupid one/shitebag or is it because you're just a keyboard warrior and definitely need a minute to think about whether they have written something stupid?  

Yet the best you can do with that info is call people names. 

I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for you now. 

Howsitgoing likes this

12 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

What about debating it, your not doing yourself any favours by replying with answers like “ your a mong”   Looking through your contributions it’s all condescending crap or personal insults.  

If personal insults is your only contribution then reading through your time line I believe your a wee man that needs to come in here to try to build up your existence and I pity you.  You need to grow up a bit.  

Shit, I should've read this before I wrote what I had written above this... 

Problem with trying to catch up with over 25 notifications...

Howsitgoing likes this

10 hours ago, left winger said:

I don’t think, for a second, that they have any fondness for celtic, but when it came to the crunch in 2012, and whenever we play them,  there’s no disguising their hatred. Fuck them.

I agree. Not often I can say that with one of your posts, but this is the BD, not the politics section I suppose...

left winger likes this

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hearts have been among the worst support for shity chants and hatred towards us since 2012. The game that was abandoned due to snow they were particularly bad trying to go ahead with our support and deserved the slapping they got at the back of the Broomloan. A visit to tyncastle is like they are still stuck in 2012.

Obviously though they will be wanting the season null and void like every other club will do what’s best for them. 

Was this the first game at Ibrox when we played them our first season back up? I seem to remember walking out that game early. I have a story from that game about why I left early which I can't post publicly, but I'm sure you could guess how my story goes if you guys up the rear gave them a tanking too. And by that I mean fans round about me done that down the front too. I wasn't involved in any of the shenanigans, I was at the game alone. 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Who are UEFA? According to Declan The Dude, they’ve got fuck all to do with Scottish football

🤠

To be fair to @The Dick, they don't really. They aren't FIFA, so can't make rules of the game. They're the organisation who organises  International club football tournaments in Europe.  They can't tell any FA what to do. All they're interested in is sorting out European football between clubs and FA's. Outside of that, I don't think they have much scope at all really.  

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Was this the first game at Ibrox when we played them our first season back up? I seem to remember walking out that game early. I have a story from that game about why I left early which I can't post publicly, but I'm sure you could guess how my story goes if you guys up the rear gave them a tanking too. And by that I mean fans round about me done that down the front too. I wasn't involved in any of the shenanigans, I was at the game alone. 

Outside at the back of the Broomloan stand I meant mate 

Everybody left early the game was abandoned.

Redwhiteandblue likes this

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

So Bayer v Rangers has been put back to July? (not gonna happen). Isn't that when qualifiers for next season begin? UEFA's statements are becoming murkier rather than giving clarity.

They're just hoping that they can continue to get TV money this season so they get all of their monthly wages and yearly bonuses.  Without it, they will be a tiny bit less rich for doing fuck all than they would normally had been for doing fuck all.

Bet they change the rules si they get their bonuses etc at the start of the season rather than the end. And how they will get their way round that is by changing the rules straight away so as soon as the European fixtures start up again they get their bonuses straight away meaning they will essentially be mitigating the "loss" they will incur from this season.