The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

It took the NBA to take matters into their own hands when it should have been dealt with by the Trump administration who continues to undermine the severity of the outbreak. 

If I were DK, I would set a precedent and say Rangers will not participate in any more games until further notice. In this way they make the SFA & UEFA look like fools which they are. 

How can you possibly allow Madrid & Leverkusen supports onto UK soil in a time like this? There is more to life than money and titles.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERY football game in England 'WILL be held behind closed doors with NO games to be shown in pubs and matches to be streamed live to ticket holders... and plan could be implemented as early as THURSDAY'
Every football game in England will reportedly be held behind closed doors
No games are to be shown in pubs and will be streamed live to ticket holders 
Government plans to combat coronavirus spread could be unveiled on Thursday 
A Cobra meeting is expected to move the official response to the 'delay' phase 
This will result in a crisis plan being unveiled for football, according to The Times

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8102533/EVERY-football-game-England-held-closed-doors-NO-games-shown-pubs.html

9 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

EVERY football game in England 'WILL be held behind closed doors with NO games to be shown in pubs and matches to be streamed live to ticket holders... and plan could be implemented as early as THURSDAY'
Every football game in England will reportedly be held behind closed doors
No games are to be shown in pubs and will be streamed live to ticket holders 
Government plans to combat coronavirus spread could be unveiled on Thursday 
A Cobra meeting is expected to move the official response to the 'delay' phase 
This will result in a crisis plan being unveiled for football, according to The Times

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8102533/EVERY-football-game-England-held-closed-doors-NO-games-shown-pubs.html

That's complete nonsense.

Licensed premises pay about £15k a year to Sky for games, and £5k and upwards to BT. Absolutely no chance they're going to cut them off. 

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Licensed premises pay about £15k a year to Sky for games, and £5k and upwards to BT. Absolutely no chance they're going to cut them off. 

I don't know who the source info was for the article. 

2 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

They will do if they are forced to close to stop a large amount do people from congregating in one area for too long.

The way this is accelerating now I doubt we will even play the taigs. BCD ain't working anywhere. Can you imagine the old firm behind closed doors? UEFA are meeting this morning and will probably end up cancelling the tournaments and then pressure the FAs to scrap their own seasons. SFA will buckle straight away.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It took the NBA to take matters into their own hands when it should have been dealt with by the Trump administration who continues to undermine the severity of the outbreak. 

If I were DK, I would set a precedent and say Rangers will not participate in any more games until further notice. In this way they make the SFA & UEFA look like fools which they are. 

How can you possibly allow Madrid & Leverkusen supports onto UK soil in a time like this? There is more to life than money and titles.

Trump has banned flights between europe (currently excluding uk) for up to 30 days. We've been letting in flights from some of the worst affected cities ie Madrid and countries ie Italy (locked down) as recently as yesterday. Weve allowed Cheltenham to go ahead plus welcomed fans from risk areas to Anfield and Ibrox. Seems US is getting ahead of this more than the uk is now.

If the league is cancelled then this would be the perfect time to restructure the leagues in to 2 leagues, so Hearts don't go down and Dundee Unt come up.

I personally would also change the timing of the season and go for a summer league.

3 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If the league is cancelled then this would be the perfect time to restructure the leagues in to 2 leagues, so Hearts don't go down and Dundee Unt come up.

I personally would also change the timing of the season and go for a summer league.

This will never happen sky will not drop 2 games of the old firm neither will the sfa they both will lose so much money

I get the feeling that the Govt are going to ban spectators from attending all games across the country. possibly including Sunday. The question will be whether the SPFL decides the games go ahead behind closed doors in an effort to complete the season. 

5 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Broadcasters were definitely included in the discussions surrounding this, which i found a bit weird at the time but would make sense i suppose. This could easily happen. 

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Chile done it four months ago after protests over something or other forced the league to get cancelled. Games played to that point was the final standings. 

I'm not saying the SFA wouldn't declare them champions, but no-one would take them seriously and they would never live it down if they tried to claim it as a title win.

Edit: obviously being the club with no shame they would still claim it

Uk government expected to move to next phase of “containment” today 

Meaning no large gatherings, avoid close contact and work from home etc. 

I think the game tonight is in serious jeopardy of being called off

Oh well. back to bed it is for me then 

24 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'm not saying the SFA wouldn't declare them champions, but no-one would take them seriously and they would never live it down if they tried to claim it as a title win.

Edit: obviously being the club with no shame they would still claim it

The certainly would   claim it, this is a club who  as far as I know  still  display this in their trophy room

unnamed.jpg.d9704df777e40da404f8f3e80b664f84.jpg

Archived