The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I've no doubt that decision was reached weeks ago. The only thing they have been waiting on was another league doing it first. 

Scottish media will spin it as Scottish football taking some kind of decisive action 

Our board better fight this with every single legal means at our disposal. It's time for our new chairman and board to take a stand.  They surley must know the backlash that awaits if they just accept this. 

:thumbup:

3 hours ago, fergiebubs said:

I,ve supported Rangers all my life.

I'm willing to  forget any reimbursment for loss of games from my season ticket this season.

I'm willing to pay for next seasons' ticket, even if that means a reduced number of games or even no games at all.

I've held  season tickets at various times throughout my life, starting with a Rover ticket as a teenager, during the Greig era.

And my elderly father and I have been ticket holders ever since 2012, making a concious effort to support Rangers financially. This has been at a time when  (like so many others)  I was not in a particularly good situation, financially wise. But I still managed to go support my club in their time of need.

However, I have for the last 2 weeks been telling my father that, IF,

(1) they are awarded the title by the SPFL

(2) Rangers don't fight it ALL THE WAY (and I mean ALL THE WAY to the very highest available court, whatever that may be) then I will NOT be attending any Scottish football ever again.

It hurts to even contemplate that scenario, as Rangers is part of me. It's in my blood. You all know what I'm talking about my fellow Bears. But we may as well sit down at the start of a season and hand the title to whoever has the most cash or on-paper better team. Or toss a coin to see who wins each game. Or set up a pools type panel to guess winners of games.

I hope I'm wrong and common sense prevails, but I don't have much faith in the present caretakers of Scottish football or indeed with our seemingly weak Board.

This is a post that needs transmitted to our board. 

No season ticket should be purchased until our board make sure no title will be awarded without a proper fight throughout the courts as you suggest. 

Think the SFA will award them the title. They shouldn't but I would be fucking surprised if they didn't.

Also don't see us doing anything about it. Maybe fire out a wee statement and that's it. Just all talk.

Club will probably be trying to get Season Tickets on sale before the SFA announce it. 

I hope I'm wrong but that's Scottish football and our spineless board that's got me thinking like that. The club should be fighting any decision the SFA make to award them it but they think we're just a bunch of donkeys. Of course don't trust the SFA one bit.

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The Belgian league has 30 matches then they restart a smaller league from 0 games with half the points gained from the first league.

Belgium has cancelled the smaller league and gave the championship based on Brugge being 15 points clear with one game left. 

First picture is the league season.

Second picture is the smaller restarted play off league. 

It’s an odd set up but Brugge have won the “league” 👍

Edit...below is the example of their league from 18/19

Second edit...I do not agree with this. The league had a format at the start of the season and should either be completed or made null and void 👍

D8A73710-27B5-4D29-A740-E2B859E50491.png

90571BDF-1369-4519-A2D4-3813BF7D82BA.png

Very informative.

I never realised the points that carried over were only half.

If anything gent should me even more aggrieved. 

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Very informative.

I never realised the points that carried over were only half.

If anything gent should me even more aggrieved. 

Gent could possibly have went into the playoff league 8 points or possibly less behind Club Brugge with 10 games to go. 

I wouldn’t be happy with that at all.

Makes you wonder if Brugge are happy to have a taint next to this league. I wouldn’t be.

51 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do they say nul and void or just a line drawn through it? 

Devil is in the detail and how its then interpreted unless theres unambiguous quotes.

What's the difference between the two?

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Read that UEFA have said unless a league is declared finished there will be no entry to Europe 

So Do Belgium now need to reverse their decision?

UEFA really are the biggest money grabbing fuck ups in any sport. 

Dickheads 👍

22 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So Do Belgium now need to reverse their decision?

UEFA really are the biggest money grabbing fuck ups in any sport. 

Dickheads 👍

Reading uefa are going to force Belgium to do a u-turn. 

Apparently they are convinced seasons could begin again as early as June. 

Essentially null and void off the table and leagues going to be forced to conclude the seasons one way or another. 

UEFA are shitting losing millions, so its money ahead of safety. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Essentially null and void off the table and leagues going to be forced to conclude the seasons one way or another. 

Might be a time for the governments to step in and do something. UEFA aren’t above the law of the land 👍

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Ffs. 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

UEFA have said there will be no European football for league's that get voided

According to Twitter

They may change that stance if a number of the top leagues follow the Belgian example.

Archived