The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, Teamgers said:

Too many fuckin hand wringers on here at times, fuck accepting those cunts getting anything, if we come across as the bad guys because we challenge the decision of the scum being awarded the title, then so fuckin be it, grow a fuckin pair ffs, our board are duty bound to support the fans and what we want, after all, without us there would be no Rangers, so lets all drop the shite about not challenging any decision to award them the title, get fuckin into it Rangers and create merry fucking hell!

👏👏👏

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

UEFA are now threatening the places of teams in Europe if they cancel and declare champions. 

There is not a chance scum fc and the spfl will risk that. 

Not according to the Rhebel. 

Honest to fuck they're saying angry spfl bosses going to give title to scum and relegate Hearts.

Hollicom are a fucking parody PR mob feeding them this nonsense to print 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Honest to fuck they're saying angry spfl bosses going to give title to scum and relegate Hearts.

An exclusive for The Record no less.

Even though it’s been the same exclusive on every paper for past week.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SPFL have been given an ultimatum by UEFA, one that they will bow down to, upsetting their corrupt wee plan. And if UEFA force games behind closed doors then the players union must step up and refuse. The pendulum is shifting.

I wrote earlier that if the scum are gifted the league, then a legal challenge was the wrong response because we would be portrayed as cold, heartless bastards driven only by the need to deny them another tainted title.

However if UEFA mean business and intend to exclude teams from leagues who don’t complete their season (ie doing exactly as the SPFL want to do apparently), then that is a game changer.

We would then have reasonable grounds for legal action, the basis being that the SPFL’s intended course of action would cost Rangers millions.

The earning potential, especially given our outstanding results in Europe, would be taken away from us (and Motherwell and the sheep) purely to award the scum the title they crave.

Now THAT would be sound justification and could not be thrown back at us as pettiness - our case is about financial loss and fuck all to do with the child rapists.

49 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I wrote earlier that if the scum are gifted the league, then a legal challenge was the wrong response because we would be portrayed as cold, heartless bastards driven only by the need to deny them another tainted title.

However if UEFA mean business and intend to exclude teams from leagues who don’t complete their season (ie doing exactly as the SPFL want to do apparently), then that is a game changer.

We would then have reasonable grounds for legal action, the basis being that the SPFL’s intended course of action would cost Rangers millions.

The earning potential, especially given our outstanding results in Europe, would be taken away from us (and Motherwell and the sheep) purely to award the scum the title they crave.

Now THAT would be sound justification and could not be thrown back at us as pettiness - our case is about financial loss and fuck all to do with the child rapists.

Tbh mate, I don't think an absence in Europe would suit the taigs agenda either.

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

This is the missing jig saw piece.  I have said previously that any  legal action by our club would have to demonstrate detriment- anything  else  is just bluster. Depriving us of EUFA money next year is clear detriment, and as you say, a game changer. 

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tbh mate, I don't think an absence in Europe would suit the taigs agenda other.

I don’t know about that.

They've got a bulging biscuit tin allegedly so wouldn’t miss the money and their absence would allow them the “we’re losing out too, you know” escape line as they polish their new SPFL trophy.

They’d somehow be able to put together a cocktail of triumph, self-sacrifice and victimhood in a way that only they can.

44 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Just seen the article 🤦‍♂️

I'm calling bullshit on that. If UEFA follow through, watch that lot backtrack quickly. 

What it does do but is open up a legal option for us to challenge. We can point to a loss of European money, if the SPFL decide to go against UEFA and we all get banned.  

Rangers must come out before this decision and state there position any attempt to award the scum the title will result in our immediate resignation from the league.

This isn't me going OTT but I'd rather Rangers never played another game than play representing a corrupt association. 

If the scum get this title football is finished in Scotland. 

Anybody believes otherwise is delusional or a tim

And there was the voice of authority (or so he thinks) telling ppl uefa didn’t have and input what the spfl do, well there uefa have done what I told you they could do and the spfl have shat themselves and so will the fenians, do they Still want the title but with no European football? Their fans yes but their club no chance, they want the £££

Typical journo know it all, stop trying to force your shitey, fake, in the know, Lying bastard opinions as fact In here.

15 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I still think the bookmakers will surely have a big say on what goes down .Suppose they will have all calculated the best way for them to profit the most ,or the way that has  the least damage .Null and void would surely be their choice It makes it clean and they would only refund bets that were live and not lost 

So I get my £50 on us to win the league refunded?

14 minutes ago, Brackley said:

So I get my £50 on us to win the league refunded?

I don't think the bookies will pay out on any title, promotion or relegation betting mate so yes, I believe you'll get your money refunded 

Edit, other than those who are champions/relegated already. 

SPFL ready to declare celtic champions and relegate Hearts as angry league bosses set to call UEFA's bluff

Confusion reigns after UEFA warned smaller nations their clubs’ participation in Europe next season is jeopardy is under threat if they call their season early.

The SPFL are ready to call UEFA’s bluff by sticking to their guns and declaring celtic as Premiership champs.

League bosses have reacted with ‘anger and bemusement’ to threats from Nyon to complete the domestic season - or else.

Confusion reigns after UEFA warned the smaller nations their clubs’ participation in the Champions League and Europa League next season is in jeopardy if they call their titles prematurely on the back of the Covid-19 crisis.

President Aleksander Ceferin repeated the threat on German television yesterday, even going as far as saying matches could be played behind closed doors.

UEFA maintain league campaigns can still be finished in July and August, even as Ceferin conceded it will be mid-May at the earliest before they can plan further.

READ MORE

celtic FC News

EXC: SPFL to declare Celts champs

EXC: Celts are champs - Lustig

Sutton blasts UEFA

celtic title latest

He was prompted to speak out after the Belgian league management board became the first in Europe to recommend scrapping the season by awarding its title to Club Brugge, currently 15 points ahead of Gent.

It’s understood several smaller nations are ready to throw the problem straight back at UEFA by demanding interest free loans to cover their costs until football emerges from the coronavirus pandemic.

However, that is not a stance the SPFL are willing to adopt as they forge on with plans to call the season as soon as their legal advice allows, handing celtic the title and relegating Hearts.

One source said: “UEFA are in panic mode and they’re probably the only organisation in Europe that believes this coronavirus pandemic will be over in a month and they can start planning for the weeks beyond it.

“They’ve been spooked by the Belgians because they know the financial implications from broadcasters for the big five countries if their league seasons aren’t played to a conclusion.

“UEFA’s threat to prevent clubs from smaller nations competing in their tournaments next season is farcical. The big five apart, who else are they going to invite? Teams from Belarus?

“There will be a queue of national associations taking action at the Court of Arbitration of Sport if UEFA ever follow through. They don’t know if they are coming or going.”

(Image: JEAN-CHRISTOPHE BOTT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock)

The SPFL wants to call the domestic leagues as soon as possible and distribute the prize money on which many clubs will rely to see them through the summer.

However, they are also anxious to avoid extending the current domestic campaign towards the autumn as it would impact on their new five year sponsorship agreement with Sky.

It’s understood BT Sport, who will exit Scottish football at the end of the season, would be due a financial clawback if the Premiership season is ended with eight games still to play.

However, the Sky deal is more lucrative and there are fears the contract could not be fulfilled if the new season didn’t formally kick off until October or November, perhaps even in an abridged format.

The SPFL source added: “There’s an implication of the payback to broadcasters. We’d only be moving the problem from one season to the next if we continued to play the current campaign beyond the summer.”

Ceferin again rounded on the Belgians and insisted the only solution is for domestic leagues to pick up where they left off once the coronavirus crisis is over, even if it’s in front of empty stands. 

He said: “The Belgians and the federations that could consider doing the same are risking participation in next year’s competition.

“Football is not the same thing without fans, but it is certainly better to play football without fans and get it back on television, rather than nothing.

“This is what people want, a little positive energy at home.

“It will probably happen in July or August. We can’t play in September or October.”

Scottish Football has long decided. Rangers better have their lawyers already starting legal proceedings. 

7 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

With Stewart Robertson and Douglas Park at the helm, we don't stand a fucking chance. 

X 100 it will have to be falling into their lap ,before they do a thing .I used to criticise King .I feel with Park .We are even worse off and that is saying something 

Playing Europe wide qualifiers as early as July is fanciful at best. Much more realistic to assume that when football can resume it is with a reduced season. 

Fairest solution is for those left standing in both the CL and the the Europa League is to be granted a place in the group stages for the 20/21 competitions and start from there.

Far too many flaws in the 'behind closed doors' argument to make the idea worthy of consideration. The 2019/20 season is a bogey. Just give it up and move on. 

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Rangers must come out before this decision and state there position any attempt to award the scum the title will result in our immediate resignation from the league.

This isn't me going OTT but I'd rather Rangers never played another game than play representing a corrupt association. 

If the scum get this title football is finished in Scotland. 

Anybody believes otherwise is delusional or a tim

The big difference is that it appears that a decision to hand over a trophy (to a team who could conceivably end up fourteen points behind the leaders) will have a direct financial impact on Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell not to mention the nation’s co-efficient.

The threat of legal action on the grounds of sporting integrity was one thing but a financial loss of millions (which is what exclusion from European football would mean to us) is a whole new ballgame.

Rangers efforts in Europe have dragged the co-efficient back to a point where a second CL place is now possible but that progress together with the huge revenue would all be jeopardised just to hand over a trophy to a team that should have been long since closed down once their sick perverts network was exposed.

SPFL position is utterly indefensible.

The thing is that most of us had assumed that the filth would win the league anyway. I stress the word “win”. If the two teams had carried on in the same form, they’d have won it fair and square. It might be tough on them (boo fucking hoo) but bigger considerations mean that, despite a healthy lead, they can’t/won’t complete their league win.

That’s just too bad - and a club with an ounce of class would never accept being handed it instead or earning it.

The SPFL are going to push this through, if they do, and they will be acting in the best interests of one club and one club only.

They are duty bound to act on the best interests of ALL the clubs.

If our clubs are banned from Europe because of this all the other teams need to make moves to disband the league body.

Next will be a court case to make the league that are gifted termed unofficial as that’s exactly what it is.

FUCK THE SPFL AND THAT FENIAN PLACE MAN NEIL DONCASTER.

Sport is about a never say die attitude. Sporting competitions cannot be decided on the basis of what looked likely to happen. What makes sport so enthralling is the occasions when the unexpected happens.

Leicester winning the EPL at 5000/1, Liverpool winning the CL after being 3-0 down at HT, the list goes on.

Start awarding titles and you are on a very slippery slope.  

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Sport is about a never say die attitude. Sporting competitions cannot be decided on the basis of what looked likely to happen. What makes sport so enthralling is the occasions when the unexpected happens.

Leicester winning the EPL at 5000/1, Liverpool winning the CL after being 3-0 down at HT, the list goes on.

Start awarding titles and you are on a very slippery slope.  

Gifting titles without them being won kills the ethos of the sport and for me it’s finished. 

I cant watch that kind of league so for me that would be it over.

Sad times but I can’t kid myself on and continue. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Gifting titles without them being won kills the ethos of the sport and for me it’s finished. 

Been going to Ibrox since Colin Stein signed but gifting trophies to child rapists would be the end for me. Too old to let these corrupt cunts get to me so I’d definitely call it a day if this goes through. And if the people running Rangers just huff and puff from the sidelines, why should you and I give a fuck?

36 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The big difference is that it appears that a decision to hand over a trophy (to a team who could conceivably end up fourteen points behind the leaders) will have a direct financial impact on Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell not to mention the nation’s co-efficient.

The threat of legal action on the grounds of sporting integrity was one thing but a financial loss of millions (which is what exclusion from European football would mean to us) is a whole new ballgame.

Rangers efforts in Europe have dragged the co-efficient back to a point where a second CL place is now possible but that progress together with the huge revenue would all be jeopardised just to hand over a trophy to a team that should have been long since closed down once their sick perverts network was exposed.

SPFL position is utterly indefensible.

The thing is that most of us had assumed that the filth would win the league anyway. I stress the word “win”. If the two teams had carried on in the same form, they’d have won it fair and square. It might be tough on them (boo fucking hoo) but bigger considerations mean that, despite a healthy lead, they can’t/won’t complete their league win.

That’s just too bad - and a club with an ounce of class would never accept being handed it instead or earning it.

That fucking prick sutton on the daily record the day talking aboot sporting integrity lol. Guys actually a fucking loony man. Hes like a drunk fanny in the pub that spouts so much shite.

22 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Me neither, I’d prefer Rangers to leave and join forces with a struggling English team, be some sort of Rangers Bury FC, playing at Ibrox with the Rangers brand and power being used to help a league that deserves it and not one built on jealousy and hate.
Let the fenians die in a league that their hatred and jealousy  has constructed. 

Archived