Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

Agree with you barry.

This virus will cost Clubs millions, so dessy bhoy won't throw  CL money away.

What form of champions league will we see next year though ,there’s almost no chance European football will have the same format 

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I don't see us getting the outcome we want in the short term but I believe any victory they get from being awarded the title will be pyrrhic.

Must admit, I had to look that word up. But I agree with you, it will be a tainted title for sure.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So that St Mirren and Ross County now wanting celtic to get the title they didn’t win.

And so it continues.

Strangely always seems to be the Daylate Rhebel pushing these stories. 

Hollicom Assemble.

Motherwell and those two are the most obvious examples because of where they would be finishing.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So that St Mirren and Ross County now wanting celtic to get the title they didn’t win.

And so it continues.

Hollicom Assemble.

It's almost funny. Not one English team is saying this about the much more likely to win liverpool 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Motherwell and those two are the most obvious examples because of where they would be finishing.

Only herts will really care tbh. The powers that be can't gift titles to sides though.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Only herts will really care tbh. The powers that be can't gift titles to sides though.

Outside us yes.

The rest will only agree with what suits their position in the league which was always gonny happen, apart from the Sheep who will want to piss us off.

MurrayWilson likes this

32 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

And so it continues.

Hollicom Assemble.

Absolute bastards the lot of them, I have never been more pissed off with Scottish football than I am at the moment, I think it is even worse than 2012 to be honest, and that is saying something.

I have been trying not to go down the 'cannot be fucked with it any more' route but it is becoming more difficult as time goes by. I have no doubt when ever we get going again I will feel different but at this time football has become less important.

When I say less important in no way does that include them being gifted a title they have not won. 

16 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Any decision taken by the SPFL that doesn’t comply with the rule book in terms of awarding a title, demotion and promotion without completing the games, will leave them open to legal action.  They know it.

They won't care. 

Let's face it we will release a statement and threaten but nothing will happen. 

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Normally, I’d go along with that but giving them the title and getting us all (scum, Motherwell, Sheep and us) banned from Europe as a consequence takes things to a new level.

It would literally cost us millions.

If that does not motivate our board into action, then what are they there for?

Agreed if this board don't take legal action with UEFA threat hanging over leagues declaring champions then they need to walk.  

It's time for them to step up, no more statements, just action. 

The spuds placemen in the SPFL and SFA will bow to the calls of the spuds placemen at other clubs to give them the title. The only down side is banned from Europe and a potiential court case from us or Hearts or both.

If you don’t officially win something then it’s unofficial.

There can be no argument against that. 

Their 9 would be unofficial.

Nothing would change that fact.

Thats the reason Liverpool aren’t crying about being handed a title.

They know that after 30 years waiting the taint hanging over it would ruin it.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Normally, I’d go along with that but giving them the title and getting us all (scum, Motherwell, Sheep and us) banned from Europe as a consequence takes things to a new level.

It would literally cost us millions.

If that does not motivate our board into action, then what are they there for?

No euro costs them a lot more, they take in almost the same euro money as us, but they pay out 90mill a year in operating costs, a year without any euro money and they will sell every single thing not nailed to the floor

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No euro costs them a lot more, they take in almost the same euro money as us, but they pay out 90mill a year in operating costs, a year without any euro money and they will sell every single thing not nailed to the floor

I’m thinking along this lines also. Have heard it in here that if a member clubs takes their govern body to court then all members aren’t allowed to participate in the European competitions. If this is true then it’ll hurt that bastards more than it will us. Even if UEFA backtrack in their threat then we are still in a position to prevent them getting European football next season by taking them to court for gifting their team a title. 

Bad Robot likes this

The SPFL won’t be handing out titles after uefa’s statement last week but I wouldn’t put it past them writing to uefa asking if they can, similar to what the Belgium’s are doing.

The leagues will start behind closed doors all with the approval of Public Health England and Health Protection Scotland and probably within 8 - 10 weeks.

Boris will extend the lockdown until the start of May and 1 or 2 weeks in training will start.

Howsitgoing likes this

59 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Barry Ferguson joins the campaign for celtic to be awarded the title. What chance 🤷‍♂️

Seriously? Fuck me he was ma hero as a player and vastly losing respect for him.

I hate every other club In a Scotland.  Most of them are saying extend the league so hearts dont get relegated and give celtic the league title. That just shows the true hatred they have towards Rangers.

11 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Seriously? Fuck me he was ma hero as a player and vastly losing respect for him.

How can you walk out of our hallowed tunnel as a captain in front of 50k and then turn like that? Are Hollicum paying him scads of cash? Give me someone like John Brown's bias any day!

pollok-bear likes this

1 hour ago, kirkiebear said:

Barry Ferguson joins the campaign for celtic to be awarded the title. What chance 🤷‍♂️

I can’t find any mention of him saying that. Where did you hear that?

20 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

He said he’s uncomfortable with the thought of them getting it, but if they do people need to get on with it, so no he never. People in talking pish shocker

1 hour ago, kirkiebear said:

Is that seriously any surprise to anyone? tarrier in-laws, weans went to a tarrier school, best mates with Neil Lennon, loves Leigh Griffiths ... the guy for all he was a great player for us is no good Rangers man. 

He's not the only one.