The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

COBRA meeting is at 1pm today so not sure that will leave enough time to put tonight behind closed doors but who knows 

Guessing any measures would take effect from midnight? Sunday is a stick on for being behind closed doors though

If the league gets cancelled and football won't start again until August, How many clubs will hit the wall? A lot of smaller clubs live a very precarious exisitance and 2 months with no gate receipts may well kill them. Some may get out the begging bowl but would they have enough fans giving enough money to keep them afloat? As a part of the law of unintended  consequences this may turn out to be fun watching some of our haters go to the wall. I believe that if Rangers asked the fans would stump up to keep them going we would, we done it before and would do it again.

All in all, this serious of events could change Scottish football for ever.

4 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If the league gets cancelled and football won't start again until August, How many clubs will hit the wall? A lot of smaller clubs live a very precarious exisitance and 2 months with no gate receipts may well kill them. Some may get out the begging bowl but would they have enough fans giving enough money to keep them afloat? As a part of the law of unintended  consequences this may turn out to be fun watching some of our haters go to the wall. I believe that if Rangers asked the fans would stump up to keep them going we would, we done it before and would do it again.

They will likely qualify for assistance from the government ,firms with under 250 employees can have interest free loans ,that will definitely work for all the smaller clubs at least 

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

They will likely qualify for assistance from the government ,firms with under 250 employees can have interest free loans ,that will definitely work for all the smaller clubs at least 

you have just burst my bubble

burst.gif.b114ea50fe745bc93a2aa4c9a1563738.gif

Having looked at the rule book and the government chat I’m 100% certain that the league will be ended in the next few weeks and current standings will be ‘end of season’ placings. Won’t be voided, and nice as that would be. 

It is probably as ‘fair’ a decision as can be made, even though it’s extremely unpalatable. 

Euro competitions are a certainty to be binned this week. 

18 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Good... fuck them all🖕🏻

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Having looked at the rule book and the government chat I’m 100% certain that the league will be ended in the next few weeks and current standings will be ‘end of season’ placings. Won’t be voided, and nice as that would be. 

It is probably as ‘fair’ a decision as can be made, even though it’s extremely unpalatable. 

Don't see it as even remotely fair.

Fair would be to void the league this season.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Zero chance this will happen when it is cancelled. There is nothing in the rule book for this and the precedent for something like this was cancelling for the war and that was declared null n void. Who wins play off places? Do Hearts just get relegated? Sure all the teams in scottish football will destroy the SFA with legal battles just so they fucks can be handed another title? 

2 hours ago, Shuggy said:

If the season is voided celtic will be going for 1iar next season imho

They talk shite saying our history isn’t continuous, but they will try and say their league titles with a null a void campaign is! 😂😂

If they end the Europa they might distribute the remaining prize money between all clubs who have reached this point.  Given we were always unlikely to get past Bayern that could be a good result financially for Rangers.  

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

If they end the Europa they might distribute the remaining prize money between all clubs who have reached this point.  Given we were always unlikely to get past Bayern that could be a good result financially for Rangers.  

I know we are good but there's no way we are playing the night then playing Munich after the taigs imo 

I cannot think that there is any chance of European completions being completed. UEFA will pull the plug shortly. Teams in quarantine and travel being banned make it a case of sooner rather than later.

The SFA are a law unto themselves but if the season cannot be completed then it must be declared null and void. 

Archived