The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Well surely this won't happen then if all clubs get a vote. Looking at the table you would say us, Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Hearts would vote against it. Since it harms qualification for Europe next season and relegation obviously. They need at least 75%?

Screenshot_20200408-132444_Score Centre.jpg

Some sheep representatives were on sportsound at the weekend and I think they were more inclined to hand the title to them. 

The SPFL have shat out of making a decision by putting it to a vote hoping the smaller clubs will be panicked into ending the season quickly to receive money to keep them afloat.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Well surely this won't happen then if all clubs get a vote. Looking at the table you would say us, Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Hearts would vote against it. Since it harms qualification for Europe next season and relegation obviously. They need at least 75%? Even if I was St Johnstone I'd be fighting it...

Screenshot_20200408-132444_Score Centre.jpg0

Aberdeen, Livi and Hibs will all back it. St. J too. Saints need the SPFL payout to stay solvent. Aberdeen, Livi and Hibs have nothing to gain by opposing it. The remaining games aren't going to be played. No matter how much folk might want them to so its a matter of clubs doing what works best for them.

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

Some sheep representatives were on sportsound at the weekend and I think they were more inclined to hand the title to them. 

The SPFL have shat out of making a decision by putting it to a vote hoping the smaller clubs will be panicked into ending the season quickly to receive money to keep them afloat.

That's how itll be sold to them.

Accept this, payment will follow. Refuse it, no money til summer.

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They are gonna give them the title and relegate Hearts. Corrupt cunts. Hope we take them to court and bankrupt them all.

Anybody that thinks there will be any sort of legal challenge to this is going to be bitterly disappointed. 

As I said before the league was postponed. The SPFL had already decided they would call the league as it stands. The only reason they haven’t (and the continued Premiership postponement) is the lingering threat from UEFA. 

The league wont restart though and the league will be called as is 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If it's a vote open to all 42 clubs then sadly I only see us, Hearts, Partick and Falkirk voting against it. No playoffs and throwing a 'league reconstruction consultation ' carrot will swing it for them. 

Absolutely farcical that they are thinking about awarding titles tbh. 

Exactly.  The smaller clubs will want the season over and done with so they can get financial support which sort of pressurises them into voting for this resolution which in turn gives the SPFL something to point to when making the decision for the SPFL. "Well the three divisions below did this, the highland league did this so we'll do the same in the SPFL.  It's a fait accompli.

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

If that's the case then they are more weasely cunts than I thought they were. Any clubs that vote for this we should put in severe repercussions for years to come. We are the biggest club in this country and we should start fucking acting like it. The blue pound is worth more than any other....

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If it's a vote open to all 42 clubs then sadly I only see us, Hearts, Partick and Falkirk voting against it. No playoffs and throwing a 'league reconstruction consultation ' carrot will swing it for them. 

Absolutely farcical that they are thinking about awarding titles tbh. 

I can see at least one of those clubs voting for it.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's how itll be sold to them.

Accept this, payment will follow. Refuse it, no money til summer.

Yes, then the SPFL will make a decision on the top league on the basis of the three lower leagues who were financially railroaded into making their decision.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not specifically and will depend how it's presented however it will be one of:

90% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership; 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership and the Championship; and 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership, the Championship, League One and League Two, whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

OR

75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Premiership; (ii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time being to be the members of the Championship; and (iii) 75% of the Members owning and operating Clubs entitled for the time beingto be the members of League One and League Two, whether all the Members of the Company actually attend and vote or not, to be passed;

If the league doesn’t restart and it goes to a vote the whole crux of the matter will be league reconstruction which saves Hearts. 

Tarriers, Motherwell, Hearts, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone, Ross County and Hamilton will all vote in favour. Aberdeen might no considering they miss out on 3rd but they’ll be given the SC Europa league spot so that’s them sorted. 

Hibs will probably accept finishing in the top 6 and go again to get money in which leaves us and Kilmarnock as the bastions of sporting integrity. Killies hatred for us and desperation to get money in will ensure they vote and therefore it’ll pass. All so the tarriers get another asterisk league title. Remarkable really

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Anybody that thinks there will be any sort of legal challenge to this is going to be bitterly disappointed. 

As I said before the league was postponed. The SPFL had already decided they would call the league as it stands. The only reason they haven’t (and the continued Premiership postponement) is the lingering threat from UEFA. 

Clubs cant afford it, generally speaking, and the few that can don't really have a leg to stand on if the members of member-led organisation back it.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

David Edgar has said Rangers will fight it through the court's 100% Have told the SPFL  that also

Am I right in saying if they pass this through today that Scotland will be the first football team in Europe to declare a champion and perhaps worldwide in all sports? (I think Belgium is back on hold, no?)

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

PPG differs from current league standings which was meant to have been on the table from clubs / spfl based on legal advice. What changed?

IIRC, the standings themselves don't change. PPG is just a way for them to balance out the inequality of games between some sides (us/them, partick/qots) while having the same outcome.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Am I right in saying if they pass this through today that Scotland will be the first football team in Europe to declare a champion and perhaps worldwide in all sports? (I think Belgium is back on hold, no?)

No.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

IIRC, the standings themselves don't change. PPG is just a way for them to balance out the inequality of games between some sides (us/them, partick/qots) while having the same outcome.

So no variance throughout the 4 leagues in terms of promotion / relegation, just in terms of final positions for payouts?

Archived