The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Say what you like about that sleekit cunt Lawwell but he gets the job done for his club. We've lacked that sort of type who appears to be outwardly genial, flattering the masses but within beats the heart of a ruthless operator whose aim is always to be a step ahead.  I bet he's been working on this since it became apparent the league would be in lockdown while all we've been doing is firing off soundbites in the media, playing to the gallery.  One approach sort of keeps your team onside, the other gets shit done.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So no variance throughout the 4 leagues in terms of promotion / relegation, just in terms of final positions for payouts?

I don't think it even changes any final positions. Everyone is in the same position iirc whether its points already won or points per game.

Teams haven’t even played the same amount of games as each other 😂.

The only good thing that would come from this is confirmation to those who had any doubts, sporting integrity is purely a stick to beat Rangers with when it suits an agenda.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Am I right in saying if they pass this through today that Scotland will be the first football team in Europe to declare a champion and perhaps worldwide in all sports? (I think Belgium is back on hold, no?)

UEFA criticed the decision by the Belgians saying plans were in place to try and host the outstanding games in July and August with the Champions League to be played afterwards but I think in more recent days UEFA are getting the message that this cannot be replicated across the whole of Europe as they'd like.  Perhaps some countries may be in a position to achieve this but no one can say right now which one's they'll be. The worst thing to happen for any country is to relax the restriction then find another wave of new Covid cases which puts them right back to square one, extending the economic impact and heading towards winter and next season.

In my view better to let one season go to waste than fucking up two seasons.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

So they are doing this against UEFA’s wishes?!?!

This could potentially ban us from Europe for a season, no?

Probably not. There's nothing in UEFA's regulations that lets them do so. As long as clubs meet their licencing criteria, it is up to domestic FAs who the nominate to compete in Europe.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Pity our players capitulated after the break, this decision would have been harder to make had we been within a few points of them, they’ve even robbed us of the chance to close the gap ( game in hand)

This is the biggest scandal. Getting lost in the fog of war against the tarriers and spfl.

Need a major squad overhaul. 

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

What's that view based on?

Probably because the SFA and all the other clubs bar Hearts unless they aren’t demoted will fall into line and vote for it.No amount of foot stamping from us will change that.

You can bet right from the beginning of this Lawell would have been exerting his influence at the SFA and other club chairman’s.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You can believe what you wish! I’m not here for anybody to believe me or not. 

The prominent fans have been fed a line by the club but as usual it’ll come to absolutely nothing

I though it was only some folk who get fed lines from clubs 🙄😂

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Articles of association determine what comes under what resolutions. This fits as an ordinary resolution. (It was argued on here several weeks ago where I was repeatedly told I was wrong on that one, but here we are)

Archived