The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You don't have to say that, though. 

This is us trying our hardest to appease the rest of Scottish football again. Do you honestly think it will win us votes against celtic being declared champions? 

They’re re-affirming there’s another option and by pleading case of clubs threatened with relegation looking to sway others votes.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Think that’s overly harsh at this stage. It has sensible suggestions in it but the longer term picture wont change

Maybe, but it immediately seems like a step away from we won't accept titles being awarded etc. The funding suggestion is sensible - although it gives no suggestion on how the club thinks said monies should be distributed - would it be on current positions etc?

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Scottish football does not have one ounce of dignity or sense of sporting integrity. Do you think it will influence things in our favour one bit? not a chance. Dreamland stuff.

Nope but we have to be seen to standing up for the clubs that need that money. We are saying give it to them now with no attachment. Then let them decide what happens. Sporting Integrity means null n void if its unable to complete, not ending it now and declaring relegations, promotions and champions. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

They’re re-affirming there’s another option and by pleading case of clubs threatened with relegation looking to sway others votes.

I get that. It's not lost on me. But it won't work.

It makes us look like arse kissers as usual. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Nope but we have to be seen to standing up for the clubs that need that money. We are saying give it to them now with no attachment. Then let them decide what happens. Sporting Integrity means null n void if its unable to complete, not ending it now and declaring relegations, promotions and champions. 

We are in agreement regards the outcome (or what it should be)

I do not agree with the clubs tactic here. It opens us up for another shafting. Makes us look even weaker than we do usually in regards to fighting battles - which takes some doing.

Clubs aren't going to vote with Rangers. Who are we fucking kidding?! 

As I said at the start I just wish clubs in Scotland would all go to the wall so we have justifucstion of moving to England. 

Absolutely sick of Scottish football and the bitterness and corruption. 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Why would they not just pay out the money you get for finishing bottom to every team to help them out short term , then the extra league place money when it's all sorted

Because they are effectively blackmailing clubs that they wont receive any prize money unless the vote through the proposal. Rangers are trying to counter that

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Why would they not just pay out the money you get for finishing bottom to every team to help them out short term , then the extra league place money when it's all sorted

Because celtic, I mean the SPFL need something to use against them 👍

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Probably because that's far too sensible and wouldn't shaft Rangers would be my best guess.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Give all the clubs what the relegated teams would get and once/if league complete give balance of the money depending on positions.

Most of the prize money has already been paid out over the course of the season and every club has already received close to that amount already. There's one single payment left based on final league positions.

23 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think I'm in a minority but I think that statement is awful. Why should we care about Scottish football and keeping other teams afloat? where was their concern for us in 2012? 

We need friends mate, scum are only interested in themselves, like it or not our club is trying to show it cares about the others, we’re bigger than the haters.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We need friends mate, scum are only interested in themselves, like it or not our club is trying to show it cares about the others, we’re bigger than the haters.

Friendships are a two-way street, born out of mutual respect. We get no respect from Scotland or Scottish football.

We are setting ourselves up to be good guys and mugs in equal measure while celtic still get handed a title they never actually won.

After seeing the reaction to this statement, I expect no-one to ever moan about bridge building ever again. This is the ultimate act of it. 

Our  "statements" rarely amount to anything. This one will be no different. 

Hide behind a holding statement but fail to put any words into action. 

We need fresh, strong, dynamic, ambitiously aggressive blood on our board at the earliest opportunity. This lot cannot go on. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I get that. It's not lost on me. But it won't work.

It makes us look like arse kissers as usual. 

We are not arse kissing. What the club have said in that statement is fair and keeps all clubs going, it's not their fault we are all in this situation. What the SPFL have said is vote in favour of this and we will give you your money, if you dont we wont. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We are in agreement regards the outcome (or what it should be)

I do not agree with the clubs tactic here. It opens us up for another shafting. Makes us look even weaker than we do usually in regards to fighting battles - which takes some doing.

If we get a shafting for this from other clubs then they are declaring Sporting Integrity no longer exists in Scottish football. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

We are not arse kissing. What the club have said in that statement is fair and keeps all clubs going, it's not their fault we are all in this situation. What the SPFL have said is vote in favour of this and we will give you your money, if you dont we wont. 

If we get a shafting for this from other clubs then they are declaring Sporting Integrity no longer exists in Scottish football. 

We all know sporting integrity in Scottish football doesn't exist. Why does it take us out with our begging bowl on behalf of people that hate us and/or wanted us dead to prove the point? 

I'm sorry but I disagree with the top line too. It's the ultimate act of arse-kissing. The general feeling is that this is to curry favour - that's a form of arse-kissing.

51 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think I'm in a minority but I think that statement is awful. Why should we care about Scottish football and keeping other teams afloat? where was their concern for us in 2012? 

We need other Scottish clubs to side with us on this issue.

Just now, TMB said:

We need other Scottish clubs to side with us on this issue.

I agree.

As I keep saying that's not lost on me.

But do you really think they will? watch this all for fuck-all, celtic get the title and we've just bent over and been responsible for giving Scottish football money they need to stay affloat in their time of need. 

Archived