Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I would think it does mate, 9 voting in favour would give The Scum the required 75% in our division at least.

:thumbup:

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

With help from dude, he’s confirmed that it’s 75% for prem league, 75% for championship and 75% for the other two leagues. All 3 leagues must be in agreement or the vote is dud.

If Rangers empathises that league reconstruction isn’t happening then no way will the championship clubs vote for it, teams will lose a chance of a premier league position and another team will be relegated. It only suits one team. 

:thumbup:

I wonder why leagues 1 and 2 have been banded together?  If I was a cynic, I would say that the reason is  league 1 teams (if voting as one)  would reject it because they have 5 teams within 8 points of the top of the table, with 8 games left to play. In other words, 4 unhappy clubs denied a chance of automatic promotion, plus another automatically being relegated! Good ol' SPFL.

7 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

I wonder why leagues 1 and 2 have been banded together?  If I was a cynic, I would say that the reason is  league 1 teams (if voting as one)  would reject it because they have 5 teams within 8 points of the top of the table, with 8 games left to play. In other words, 4 unhappy clubs denied a chance of automatic promotion, plus another automatically being relegated! Good ol' SPFL.

I would love to see that explained too 👍

Blumhoilann likes this

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

So if Thistle, Dundee and ICT vote against in Championship the whole thing collapses?

In that case I think it's fucked

Yes. I dont see Dundee and Caley voting against it. There's still not going to be any playoffs if they do vote against it. 

20 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

They've been that way since the formation of the SPFL in 2013. Leagues one and Two have always had a single representative at board level and are banded together as such. Someone at the SPFL must have had a helluva lecky guess to come up with those rules seven years in advance of this. 

13 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would love to see that explained too 👍

See my last post. It's been that way since 2013 when the SPFL started. 

19 minutes ago, fergiebubs said:

It's from the Articles of Association. It is the rules, not just decided for this vote.

I'd assume it done deliberately to impact on bottom 2 leagues having the chance to veto issues affecting the full league quite so easily. Less chance of them alone voting against and torpedoing proposals 

HG5 likes this

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. I dont see Dundee and Caley voting against it. There's still not going to be any playoffs if they do vote against it. 

They can both catch DUtd ? As can Ayr

United have taken 7 points from 21 in their last 7 games and Dundee in particular are on a run.

Don't see their fans being impressed if they vote for this

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Where u seeing this statement mate?  

It's now on the DR online. Didn't want to post it and offend the few.

49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've been that way since the formation of the SPFL in 2013. Leagues one and Two have always had a single representative at board level and are banded together as such. Someone at the SPFL must have had a helluva lecky guess to come up with those rules seven years in advance of this. 

You religiously refer to rules.

If a club is voted a winner, have they won, or have they been awarded

Either way would it be seen as a title won under normal circumstances?

Simple question.

1 minute ago, Quiet Jim said:

You religiously refer to rules.

If a club is voted a winner, have they won, or have they been awarded

Either way would it be seen as a title won under normal circumstances?

Simple question.

It wouldn't be seen as a title won under normal circumstances, no.

They would have won it - albeit in a truncated season - but would still be deemed as the winners.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Aye that's my worry too. They might vote on it even though they don't find it fair, because there won't be an alternative proposal that get's them the play off games anyway once the season is cut short - therefore they will more than likely just vote yes in order to get some closure, money in and start preparing for next season.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They didn't win anything, they will be handed it. 

There's a big difference and one I and all Rangers fans will remind those fenian bastards forever more. 

I don't even want them handed it mate, but the consolation will be the amount of **** next to their 9 titles and in all honesty probably the 10th next season too.

They won 8, 4 of them with us not in the league and had the 9th one handed to them with 2 Old Firm games, a game in hand for us and 2 months of the season to go. 

There won't be any supporters there to see them lift a trophy for 9 "in a row"

No quadruple treble. 

If there's a choice between somehow shoehorning in the remaining games and seeing them over the line to win it above board, and them being handed it with the above in mind - then there's only 1 outcome I want in those circumstances. 

pollok-bear likes this

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It wouldn't be seen as a title won under normal circumstances, no.

They would have won it - albeit in a truncated season - but would still be deemed as the winners.

*Awarded or won under the same rules as the eight before?