Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Dude said:

The club below couldn't catch them now as the games are never going to be played - Unless someone can cure coronavirus, find a way to play the games and have pre-season before August. 

Honestly couldn't even imagine a taig come out with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Dude said:

The club below couldn't catch them now as the games are never going to be played - Unless someone can cure coronavirus, find a way to play the games and have pre-season before August. 

Hence the point that null and void is the fairest outcome. Which I'm sure you got but you love to be awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

Brechin need 650k when they would only normally get 45k? Most of the smaller clubs (particularly L1 and L2) can furlough their players and staff and absorb much of the hit that way. 

No idea about your maths I assumed the money for each league would get divided between its clubs. Ok well how about the clubs are given the sums they would get for current position but no un won titles are handed out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

No idea about your maths I assumed the money for each league would get divided between its clubs. Ok well how about the clubs are given the sums they would get for current position but no un won titles are handed out? 

The final payment is based on their final league position. How do you pay them what they are entitled to without finalising the league positions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Hence the point that null and void is the fairest outcome. Which I'm sure you got but you love to be awkward.

Is it fair Killie get two shots at Europe they haven't deserved? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Honestly couldn't even imagine a taig come out with that.

Do you think that football will be restarted before August? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The final payment is based on their final league position. How do you pay them what they are entitled to without finalising the league positions? 

Say the season is abandoned, positions are final. No trophies given out as season was not concluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Is it fair Killie get two shots at Europe they haven't deserved? 

They earned one shot and as this season can't be completed they have as much right as anyone else to the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So what do you propose because null and void isn't on the table (and won't be on the table) and the season won't be getting restarted?

 

It should be on the table IMHO.  Secondly you are always at it. Does not seem to matter a fuck you antagonist prat. As I said earlier you really would argue black was white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badjon said:

It should be on the table IMHO.  Secondly you are always at it. Does not seem to matter a fuck you antagonist prat. As I said earlier you really would argue black was white. 

Its green and white he likes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Say the season is abandoned, positions are final. No trophies given out as season was not concluded.

Positions stand.

celtic finish first.

But they get no trophy as sporting integrity must be upheld as they didn’t win it.

I don’t get why that’s so difficult to understand 😂👍

Blumhoilann and MacBoyd like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Say the season is abandoned, positions are final. No trophies given out as season was not concluded.

How can it be abandoned and positions final? If its abandoned, there's no positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is it fair Killie get two shots at Europe they haven't deserved? 

I don't see a huge issue with that. No other club has earned the spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Positions stand.

celtic finish first.

But they get no trophy as sporting integrity must be upheld as they didn’t win it.

I don’t get why that’s so difficult to understand 😂👍

I just think it's so easy this way. I'm not entirely sure how celtic could fight that? Given the dude seems to ge struggling to badly it might be a good sign.

Dave Hedgehog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

How can it be abandoned and positions final? If its abandoned, there's no positions. 

There are no champions. There are positions which teams were in at abandonment of league.

Dave Hedgehog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badjon said:

It should be on the table IMHO.  Secondly you are always at it. Does not seem to matter a fuck you antagonist prat. As I said earlier you really would argue black was white. 

Whether you think it should or shouldn't is irrelevant. It isn't on the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MacBoyd said:

There are no champions. There are positions which teams were in at abandonment of league.

 

These are some mental gymnastics. Is the score kept from an abandoned game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I just think it's so easy this way. I'm not entirely sure how celtic could fight that? Given the dude seems to ge struggling to badly it might be a good sign.

If a team is first at the end of the season, they are the champions. Not sure what's hard to get about that. 

Unless we're to rewrite the rules to suit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

 

These are some mental gymnastics. Is the score kept from an abandoned game? 

Is a cup awarded to a team leading 1 nil in a cup final and its abandoned after 70 mins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

If a team is first at the end of the season, they are the champions. Not sure what's hard to get about that. 

Unless we're to rewrite the rules to suit? 

But as you already stated this season wont end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Is a cup awarded to a team leading 1 nil in a cup final and its abandoned after 70 mins?

No. If its abandoned it would be rearranged . So when is this abandoned season being reorganised? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...