The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, The Dude said:

Where? Clubs are voting on whether to end the season now and using PPG to determine the standings. That's not it being abandoned. 

Yes it is. The league will not have been completed if this vote is successful.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MacBoyd said:

Yes it is. The league will not have been completed if this vote is successful.

Its won't have completed all 38 games but it isn't being abandoned. If it was being abandoned it would be rearranged. That's not happening. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Would you be happy if league was abandoned? 

Can't say I'd be particularly happy at any of the outcomes other than the season being finished on the pitch. However that's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

See above.

Think it does more damage to clubs than going with the standings as is though. 

What about fair? Spreading the money over all the teams to keep them them going and giving a boost to Scottish football. No titles, no relegation.  Just for this one season. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

See above.

Think it does more damage to clubs than going with the standings as is though. 

Why? Genuinely as if the clubs all agreed and monies yet to be paid were distributed equally surely you can see no harm in that. I think as most do that all you aim to do wether furloughed or not is antagonize. You wouldn't last five minutes espousing these opinions in the company of the vast majority of Rangers fans IMHO as well you know. These are exceptional times and null and void in light of this is fair to all parties. The part that many find annoying or bitter or downright petulant about you is you do not come across as having Rangers or anyone but Celtics best outcome as your utmost priority.

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

Why? Genuinely as if the clubs all agreed and monies yet to be paid were distributed equally surely you can see no harm in that. I think as most do that all you aim to do wether furloughed or not is antagonize. You wouldn't last five minutes espousing these opinions in the company of the vast majority of Rangers fans IMHO as well you know. These are exceptional times and null and void in light of this is fair to all parties. The part that many find annoying or bitter or downright petulant about you is you do not come across as having Rangers or anyone but Celtics best outcome as your utmost priority.

Well said my man. 

8 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What about fair? Spreading the money over all the teams to keep them them going and giving a boost to Scottish football. No titles, no relegation.  Just for this one season. 

Theres no outcome here thats 'fair'. 

8 minutes ago, badjon said:

See if clubs had ANY interest in that, it would have been proposed by now. Clubs aren't going to hand over money they have budgeted for to other clubs. I mean ffs, clubs are furloughing staff to minimise their costs and you think they'll offer to give up substantial sums to help out other clubs? 

If I 'antagonise' people then I couldn't give a fuck less. The fact I wrote for the record antagonised people, the fact I didn't write what folk wanted me to antagonised people. There's just some folk who will be antagonised by me. Although, If I antagonise then so much then PUT ME ON IGNORE. Its not difficult. 

Why wouldn't I last five minutes? Are the 'vast majority' of Rangers fans incapable of hearing a differing opinion? Do you really think that little of Rangers fans. 

Tell me how Killie getting an EL place they were nowhere near earning is fair. 

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Great answer. If only people like you could look to the future for this one season for Scottish football things would work out better. 

I am looking to the future. I couldn't give a fuck less who get the title this season. Id rather they done what sees most clubs come out of this with minimal damage. I dont think null and void would do that. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I am looking to the future. I couldn't give a fuck less who get the title this season. Id rather they done what sees most clubs come out of this with minimal damage. I dont think null and void would do that. 

Tell me how null and void would damage clubs. Sporting integrity, morals, ethics and all that. I said it earlier, no relegation and no titles. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tell me how null and void would damage clubs. 

Breaching commercial contracts for clubs and the league itself. 

Refunds on STs.

Breaching TV deal. 

Determining clubs for Europe. 

Determining how to pay prize money. Livi for example would be due Championship winner prize money rather than P5 in Prem (difference of over 1m quid) 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I dont have anyone on ignore. What a bizarre lie to make up. 

Okay fair enough at least agree you argue for the sake of an argument. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What in the scenario I put forward is not fair. As regards spelling sorry I am a little bit worse for ware but it's hilarious as you made two mistakes regarding grammar and spelling in your reply. Does your counterpart from your them and us podcast stir things up as much on his message board of choice? If the answer is no you've got to wonder why you do?

1 minute ago, badjon said:

Okay fair enough at least agree you argue for the sake of an argument. 

What in the scenario I put forward is not fair. As regards spelling sorry I am a little bit worse for ware but it's hilarious as you made two mistakes regarding grammar and spelling in your reply. Does your counterpart from your them and us podcast stir things up as much on his message board of choice? If the answer is no you've got to wonder why you do?

It's 2am and I'm on my phone. I couldn't really give a fuck about spelling and grammar. I'm not being paid to post here so don't bother proofing anything. It's a forum after all ffs. 

What an odd question. No idea what they do in their spare time. Do you measure your use of websites against people who you work with and have no relationship beyond work? 

Archived