The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

What about the Scottish cup , what's the proposal on that? Because if null and void isnt an option for the league then surely it's not an option for the cup 

I blatantly refuse to believe TV contracts and sponsorship deals will only be ok if celtic are named champions. 

What a load of fucking shite that is.

But that appears to be the narrative pushed on here.

Very strange 👍

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

I blatantly refuse to believe TV contracts and sponsorship deals will only be ok if celtic are named champions. 

Very strange 👍

Aye that one makes me laugh.

If the games haven't been fulfilled then surely both ways TV won't pay out 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye that one makes me laugh.

If the games haven't been fulfilled then surely both ways TV won't pay out 

Exactly.

To push anything differently is utter nonsense.

No TV contract or sponsorship in any league in the world is based on any named champion.

It is based on contract fulfilment.

Any loophole or otherwise will have nothing to do with a farcical award of any so called “champion” 👍

28 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Very strange 👍

Not pushed on here pushed by you know who only. 

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Exactly.

No TV contract or sponsorship in any league in the world is based on any named champion.

Any loophole or otherwise will have nothing to do with a farcical award of any so called “champion” 👍

It's been alleged that's what's the main issue of the clubs, the associated commercial deals club's have, and a key reason for them accepting this proposal.

Yer the Ayr guy said nul and void is the fairest option but couldnt happen due to something from the spfl report. So clearly for him at least it's a wider issue as expressed by the spfl than a club one.

If we knew that we'd get the logic behind the actual dilemma clubs have. Without knowing it, it comes across as a stitch up needlessly forcing the league to be terminated (very arguably unfairly) as a condition of paying out money to clubs.

47 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Exactly.

This highlights the level they’re willing to go to gift their team a title. 

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's been alleged that's what's the main issue of the clubs, the associated commercial deals club's have, and a key reason for them accepting this proposal.

Yer the Ayr guy said nul and void is the fairest option but couldnt happen due to something from the spfl report. So clearly for him at least it's a wider issue as expressed by the spfl than a club one.

If we knew that we'd get the logic behind the actual dilemma clubs have. Without knowing it, it comes across as a stitch up needlessly forcing the league to be terminated (very arguably unfairly) as a condition of paying out money to clubs.

Politically driven to ensure current league positions are set in stone.  Wonder who would be driving such an initiative with the veiled threat of delayed or no payments.... 

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Very strange 👍

Exactly, the papes, media  spfl are going along the lines of say it often enough and it becomes true.  Rangers better be like a dog with a fuckin bone with these corrupt dirty stinking cheating tarrier bastards.  If they aren't then I'm finished, as football in this country will no longer be sport.  It will be a kangaroo fuckin court.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Rangers, hearts, thistle and falkirk are all going to. Reject the spfl proposal 

I cannot really keep up with this clusterfuck but I think, and could well be wrong, we need 4 to vote against it from one league ie Premier or Championship or 1 & 2.

But do not take my word for it. :happy:

They will do everything in their power to gift them the title. You can tell by the media coverage they are pushing for it big time.  

If we were top of the league the papers and radio would be littered with sporting integrity with all the added pull outs.  

I could be wrong but I am presuming leagues will be reconstructed and everyone will be happy bar us.

celtic will be awarded league.

Their fans wont give a monkeys about how many games were played.

Next time something doesnt suit them they will claim that sporting integrity is paramount without a hint of irony or shame.

Nobody will give a jot about us.

Within 3 months some on here will be up for building bridges.

I am all for scorched earth policy moving forward.

Let's give teams banks the heads up that they cant rely on the blue pound to dig them out.

Instead of going to away games can we not got to watch Ladies .

5 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I could be wrong but I am presuming leagues will be reconstructed and everyone will be happy bar us.

celtic will be awarded league.

Their fans wont give a monkeys about how many games were played.

Next time something doesnt suit them they will claim that sporting integrity is paramount without a hint of irony or shame.

Nobody will give a jot about us.

Within 3 months some on here will be up for building bridges.

I am all for scorched earth policy moving forward.

Let's give teams banks the heads up that they cant rely on the blue pound to dig them out.

Instead of going to away games can we not got to watch Ladies .

Not one spfl chairman will want reconstruction as it reduces their OF home games which bring in a fortune for them

Honestly don't see this being passed which begs the question what they will come up with next to push this through. 

The obvious choices in this are us & Hearts but you then have Aberdeen, who if the league finished as it is aren't guaranteed Europe. St Johnstone have a game in hand to go top 6. Do Hibs really want to relegate Hearts bearing in mind it will likely be a business decision rather than a footballing one? Theres a definite possibility of 4 of those clubs voting against this. 

The Championship is probably less likely to vote it through as well with Partick getting relegated, 3 teams in play off spots and with 9 games to go another 3 teams only 4 points off a play off spot. 

The league reconstruction might change championship teams opinions but it would have the opposite effect in the Premeriership.

See the voting, do we need 4 teams to vote against it in any of the divisions and the plans are universally scrapped? 

i.e if it's only us and Hearts that vote for it in our league, if, for example Falkirk, Partick and 2 others in the Championship voted against it then the proposals fail?

Have leagues 1 and 2 been banded together for a combined vote? I think I read that somewhere too.

11 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

See the voting, do we need 4 teams to vote against it in any of the divisions and the plans are universally scrapped? 

i.e if it's only us and Hearts that vote for it in our league, if, for example Falkirk, Partick and 2 others in the Championship voted against it then the proposals fail?

Have leagues 1 and 2 been banded together for a combined vote? I think I read that somewhere too.

Yes mate 4 teams from any one league will kybosh it all.

Edit....4 teams from the premier 

3 teams from the championship

or 6 teams combined in league 1 and 2. 👍

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Yes mate 4 teams from any one league will kybosh it all.

I think that's certainly do-able, but I think the problem is that there isn't a 'null-and-void' alternative on the table that's the default position if/when this is voted down.

They will just have another half-witted idea next to push through that will involve handing them a title they've never won.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I think that's certainly do-able, but I think the problem is that there isn't a 'null-and-void' alternative on the table that's the default position if/when this is voted down.

They will just have another half-witted idea next to push through that will involve handing them a title they've never won.

Null and void can still come into play. 

It wasn’t on the table because the only thing on the table at the time that was supposedly said was completing the season.

Like Rangers have hinted at, they can’t just make the rules up and they can’t just rule scenarios out that suit them. 

This push to get celtic the title is actually fucking embarrassing. 👍

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Null and void can still come into play. 

It wasn’t on the table because the only thing on the table at the time that was supposedly said was completing the season.

Like Rangers have hinted at, they can’t just make the rules up and they can’t just rule scenarios out that suit them. 

This push to get celtic the title is actually fucking embarrassing. 👍

I hope you're right and null and void is a genuine option if this is voted down.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I hope you're right and null and void is a genuine option if this is voted down.

It would need to come into play as another option.

People are forgetting the clubs own the league as shareholders and it’s the clubs who can push the narrative. 👍

Archived