The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It will just be a 5 min piece from English

That will be a long 5 minutes listening to that fucking womble.

I think I will stare at the wall for 5 minutes, don’t want to be wasting my time listening to that shitshow 😂👍

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Has this link been posted, get it signed

http://chng.it/KfCxgfvMn7

I will certainly sign it, the 18 team leagues probably would need to be a starting point for discussion, but I do not see that as a problem.

Would you be willing to make a thread for this petition mate, it will need it if we want to push it IMO.   :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Id rather Rangers never played again than watch the in a competition that's corrupt.

Football is the best sport in the world. Integrity must be maintained or it's finished tho.

Never thought I'd see the day Rangers fans actively sought to kill the club. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I will certainly sign it, the 18 team leagues probably would need to be a starting point for discussion, but I do not see that as a problem.

Would you be willing to make a thread for this petition mate, it will need it if we want to push it IMO.   :thumbup:

What happens to the six teams it misses out? 

This pandemic will change the world and not just the sporting world. At the moment there is no clarity but change will happen.

I will be disgusted if scum are awarded the title and others relegated but I will get over it. One thing I will not do is forget.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

What happens to the six teams it misses out? 

I do not think two 18s can work and that is why I said it would be a starting point, I would imagine it has to include 4 old firm games to work.

I certainly think it is a good tome to see if the leagues can be improved because our split is very poor.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Whilst the 18 team league might have its advantages it’s not something that can be decided in a rush, sky has already agreed a deal with our 12 team league. 
This increasing the league is all to win votes to allow for their number one concern, the gifting of their team a league title. Keeping the option of league reconstruction out of the equation ensures that the vote for titles to be handed out at a whim with promotion and relegation occurring due to this process, won’t happen. 

39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You think they'll pay the same for two Old Firm games? 

It’s shouldn’t be about what SKY is prepared to pay for, if the SPL has any moral compass regarding  sporting integrity they’ll take the hit, do they care more about the sport or the money.

TV money is good for the clubs but they need to be prepared to take a hit just like every other business in the country, they all should be cutting their cloth next season if that money is not there

Who among us is not sick of 4 times a season ? I have nothing against experiments but that one has failed.

2 leagues of 18/20  teams is all Scotland can support. Next season (whenever that is) may well be too soon but time to get the dialogue under way.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Never thought I'd see the day Rangers fans actively sought to kill the club. 

Never thought I'd see the day where a title is awarded that's not been won!

Why didn't Tokyo Olympics just hand out the gold silver and bronze medals now instead of waiting save the economy millions

22 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Done it mate.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Never thought I'd see the day where a title is awarded that's not been won!

Why didn't Tokyo Olympics just hand out the gold silver and bronze medals now instead of waiting save the economy millions

Never thought I would see the day a so called Rangers fan wouldn’t be bothered if celtic won the league or not but it has been written by one on here 🙄

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Wow?

Surrender Monkey.

I've got no words for anyone that thinks the best thing for our club to do is stay put.  We can't win they've already been handed the league cup this season ffs

Two things spring to mind.

Some posters are placing way too much importance on Sky dictating terms. They are a broadcaster. Sure, they will have preferences, but they cannot all be catered for. The product has to be as high quality as possible, and 4 times a season playing Livingston, Hamilton etc is not exciting. Also, due to the ineptitude of the people running the game up here, Sky have got the Scottish game on the cheap.

Time to start dictating the terms and get a better deal. In turn the product should improve. 

Secondly, I think that we need to be making the stand for the integrity of sport up here. One team is getting their way too often. If that means threatening to withdraw from the league then so be it. We are a club that gets 50,000 through the gates every other week, has the best and largest away support in Scotland. How is that not attractive to other leagues? We will not die. 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Two things spring to mind.

Some posters are placing way too much importance on Sky dictating terms. They are a broadcaster. Sure, they will have preferences, but they cannot all be catered for. The product has to be as high quality as possible, and 4 times a season playing Livingston, Hamilton etc is not exciting. Also, due to the ineptitude of the people running the game up here, Sky have got the Scottish game on the cheap.

Time to start dictating the terms and get a better deal. In turn the product should improve. 

Secondly, I think that we need to be making the stand for the integrity of sport up here. One team is getting their way too often. If that means threatening to withdraw from the league then so be it. We are a club that gets 50,000 through the gates every other week, has the best and largest away support in Scotland. How is that not attractive to other leagues? We will not die. 

Spot on. 

Sky aren’t and never will be Scottish football.

Titles can’t be given out without them being won. Never ever. 👍

Archived