The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Thats quite the leap there. I dont know what would happen if teams were level because various clubs would possibly have different positions. It's not a scenario which has been discussed or reflects reality so it's utterly pointless to have come up with a plan for it. 

So why is the plan different depending on points gaps and positions held by certain teams at times of suspension?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought it was due to the definition of the term season, and the as otherwise determined by the Board phrase?

Now is the rule legit as it stood but unenforceable due to cessation of games?

Yes. That's not really changed. I said at the time that A3 meant the 38 games would be unenforceable. 

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Why do you use awarding the league ? Again they haven’t won anything yet so can’t be awarded anything, they can be called league leaders at time of suspension, that’s all they are

EUFA don’t require titles to participate in the EL so SPFL can put them forward for that.

Because it directly quoted the language used in the question to me. 

The league won't be 'suspended' if the vote goes through but 'terminated'. 

UEFA don't require titles to play in any of their competitions. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye because they've just arbitrarily decided they cant play games now. There's definitely no extenuating circumstances forcing football (and sport in general) to stop. 

I didn't say there wasn't mate but 38 games in August should remain that in March. If those 38 games can't be completed then so be it unless a team is mathematically out of sight no titles can be given.

It goes against everything sports stands for mate.

Changing it now to award the title😁😁😁😁😁😁

Surely even u can see why I think that's outrageous

Just now, The Dude said:

Rule A3 does. 

The rule determines 38 games in a season. If this cant be achieved then the validity of the term season is the issue.

If there is no end to season , then as per A3 severability no Champion club can be established.

Seems it's ok to invalidate some rules but not others and try to justify it in ever changing ways.

Just now, KingKirk said:

I didn't say there wasn't mate but 38 games in August should remain that in March. If those 38 games can't be completed then so be it unless a team is mathematically out of sight no titles can be given.

It goes against everything sports stands for mate.

Changing it now to award the title😁😁😁😁😁😁

Surely even u can see why I think that's outrageous

So when do we play the other games? There's no mechanism to void the season so that won't be an option either since we're vehemently opposed to changing the rules. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The rule determines 38 games in a season. If this cant be achieved then the validity of the term season is the issue.

If there is no end to season , then as per A3 severability no Champion club can be established.

Seems it's ok to invalidate some rules but not others and try to justify it in ever changing ways.

There will be an end to the season though. Otherwise the new season can't begin. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

👏👏👏👍

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So when do we play the other games? There's no mechanism to void the season so that won't be an option either since we're vehemently opposed to changing the rules. 

When it's safe forget next season complete this one first 

7 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

So why is the plan different depending on points gaps and positions held by certain teams at times of suspension?

Because different clubs will have different views based on their own circumstances. Do you think Hearts would want reconstruction if they weren't bottom? 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because it directly quoted the language used in the question to me. 

The league won't be 'suspended' if the vote goes through but 'terminated'. 

UEFA don't require titles to play in any of their competitions. 

I should have said terminated but the point still stands,  so you agree there is no need to award a title, the only reason to award a title or even declare winners is to keep the scum happy

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I should have said terminated but the point still stands,  so you agree there is no need to award a title, the only reason to award a title or even declare winners is to keep the scum happy

No I don't agree at all.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

A club that facilitated a paedophile ring should get nothing. Dirty beasts .

37 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

You out yourself every day, ya sad fenian bastard.

You liked his post . What was that about . Dude is now stalking every thread we have on here from early morning until ..... Well it was 3am last night .How fucking sad is that ..

Every thread of importance , he is there with his garbage . It is depressing reading the sycophants sooking up his arse  and many good posters asking him to see their views . When he just doesn't .Not unless you are agreeing with him. 

Archived