The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They aren't voting to void the season though. They are voting to end it. 

Theres no mechanism to void it. 

Are the SFA going to give you the trophy to hand to the scum and get in the huddle?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MacBoyd said:

Explain it to me then. Why can the league be forced to end early with no warning and titles needlessly handed out to teams who haven't won them but the same can't happen with no title or the season voided?

No warning? There's been regular meetings for about three or four weeks now between clubs and the SPFL and clubs are getting a vote on it. Fuck, I asked the Falkirk boss a month ago what contingencies they had in place if football was suspended, so to say there was no warning is nonsense. 

It mainly comes down to financial implications of null and void and contracts being breached. 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

To be honest you saying (after you said that the SPFL are just going to give celtic the title) that they might give it to the clubs decide is just you totally hedging your bets so you can say you were "right"

One of them paradoxes that you'll be right no matter what you say. What else could they actually do then if they either didn't take the decision themselves or let the clubs decide? that's the 2 options they've probably always had and you're now coming across as if you hit us all with some revelation or big exclusive. 

I remember you banging on about the SPFL are just going to award them the title. That's not actually what's happened, at least not in the sense that you meant - when celtic get the title it will be because of a vote which is a bit different. I remember the thread vividly because it was what promoted me to create an account after reading it, but by time my account was validated the thread was either locked or the debate had moved on.

And I said at the time there was every possibility it would go to a vote as it would essentially legitimise the SPFL'S position if clubs vote in favour of it. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No warning? There's been regular meetings for about three or four weeks now between clubs and the SPFL and clubs are getting a vote on it. Fuck, I asked the Falkirk boss a month ago what contingencies they had in place if football was suspended, so to say there was no warning is nonsense. 

It mainly comes down to financial implications of null and void and contracts being breached. 

And no title handed out? You still can't answer that one.

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Could you look back mate and see if I have replied to him once. 

I know I haven’t so it seems odd that he thinks I have. 

What a fucking weirdo he is 😂😂😂

He does do that though . He thinks every comment you make is meant for him . That is why he replies to so many . It's his duty to inform , be right all the time , to antagonize rank and file bears . Be a  condescending knob end ..... have a missed anything?

Just now, eejay the dj said:

He does do that though . He thinks every comment you make is meant for him . That is why he replies to so many . It's his duty to inform , be right all the time , to antagonize rank and file bears . Be a  condescending knob end ..... have a missed anything?

Just the ones actually quoting me. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I haven’t replied to him once, not once.

Very odd that he claims I have 😂😂

15 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If i could do more or say more . I would believe me . I do like coming on here so i will refrain from abusing you with words .

But you lack the bollocks to do so. And you'd never fucking dream of doing it in person. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

I haven’t replied to him once, not once.

Very odd that he claims I have 😂😂

If we talked amongst ourselves   and no mention of his name . We may get away with it , not hearing from him . Although i wouldn't count on it :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If a team is top of the table at the end of the season they get the title. 

However you must understand this season will have been ended abruptly and did not win it during the period of the season that was actually played, they may have done, they may not, we will never know. Surely they shouldn't be rewarded for coronavirus?

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

However you must understand this season will have been ended abruptly and did not win it during the period of the season that was actually played, they may have done, they may not, we will never know. Surely they shouldn't be rewarded for coronavirus?

I do understand the season has been ended abrubtly, that's never been up for debate. We're in a pretty unique set of circumstances here but they aren't getting 'rewarded for coronavirus'. Before the games ended, I was one of the few who were adamant we could still catch them (and funnily enough took a fair bit of abuse for saying it on here) and genuinely think the title race was far from over.

But (and there's always a but) the remaining games are now gone forever. They're never going to be played. There's no logistical way of fitting them in given the restrictions in place so its now about trying to find the least damaging way of ending the season. I've said time and again, I ultimately couldn't care if that ends with them getting the title. It's always going to have an asterisk next to it and is always going to be considered tainted given the way the season ended.

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It would be worth a try 😂👍

I got a short term ban myself when the muppet was going though his TLB breakdown . The one where he has to tell everyone about it on here, like a right sado .

So we have to watch what we say :ohmy: He is protected . No doubts 

Just now, The Dude said:

I do understand the season has been ended abrubtly, that's never been up for debate. We're in a pretty unique set of circumstances here but they aren't getting 'rewarded for coronavirus'. Before the games ended, I was one of the few who were adamant we could still catch them (and funnily enough took a fair bit of abuse for saying it on here) and genuinely think the title race was far from over.

But (and there's always a but) the remaining games are now gone forever. They're never going to be played. There's no logistical way of fitting them in given the restrictions in place so its now about trying to find the least damaging way of ending the season. I've said time and again, I ultimately couldn't care if that ends with them getting the title. It's always going to have an asterisk next to it and is always going to be considered tainted given the way the season ended.

That's your prerogative. I personally don't want them to be given a title they didn't win.

I got a short term ban myself when the muppet was going though his TLB breakdown . The one where he has to tell everyone about it one here .

Honestly mate best ignored 👍

I got a short term ban myself when the muppet was going though his TLB breakdown . The one where he has to tell everyone about it one here .

Something very odd that you have such a fixation on my looks and mental health.

48 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Everyone is a weirdo to you, bar yourself it seems . Take a look in the mirror . On second thoughts , better not . I don't want you going over the edge again :troll:

Let yourself down with this shite tbh.

Archived