The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What other option is there?

The only 2 options they'll have is to scrap it or to award the taigs the title with an asterisk in the record books saying it was over a 29/30 game season

It would be shite & not something we'd want but it's an unprecedented situation. If the league was close then it would be even harder to sort out (like in Italy at the moment, they're discussing a 1 off match to decide) but given the fact they're 13 clear with 9 games left or something I really cant see them scrapping it.

Think of it this way, we kicked on after the new year & ended up 10 clear of them, about to lift 55 then all this shit happens...would you be happy with them scrapping the league? 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

The only 2 options they'll have is to scrap it or to award the taigs the title with an asterisk in the record books saying it was over a 29/30 game season

It would be shite & not something we'd want but it's an unprecedented situation. If the league was close then it would be even harder to sort out (like in Italy at the moment, they're discussing a 1 off match to decide) but given the fact they're 13 clear with 9 games left or something I really cant see them scrapping it.

Think of it this way, we kicked on after the new year & ended up 10 clear of them, about to lift 55 then all this shit happens...would you be happy with them scrapping the league? 

That wasnt the season though, for all anyone knows, they could collapse. You cannot award them it. The play offs/1 off match is an interesting idea. 

Of course I would be raging, but it's not our fault. These things happen. celtic could get shafted this time.

9 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What other option is there?

Found what I was looking for on another thread

6 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Scottish football in 2008 “Under no circumstances can the league be extended beyond its finish date due to sporting integrity”.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES 👍

19 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not fair to punish future players. Who's to say our current ones couldn't have came back with 2 old firms and a game in hand.

That’s the point.

We’ve been shite and chucked away so much but the fact is that, with a game in hand and two scum games to come, that is a potential nine point swing.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d say the SFA and SPFL were waiting to see if we lose on Sunday before making their big announcement.

Even more critical that we get a win or at least a point.

Sporting integrity is at stake.

From what I hear italy are planning to scrap seria a. No champions. European places go to current holders.

I think this is correct, celtic would be rewarded as leaders with the most appealing european qualifiers.

If they do scrap the league then I think they should just award positions as they are. As others have said if the boot was on the other foot we’d be raging if they took the title off us.

Alternatively, as I’ve read online as an idea in Italy, make it a quick play off for the title when (if) this smooths over if it’s before next August. 1st plays 6th, 2nd plays 5th etc in a one off game and then put the 3 winners into a round robin...play all games at Hampden.

13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

In saying that, if it was us who were 13 clear with 8/9 matches left I can pretty much guarantee every single one of us would be raging if they didnt award us the title lol 

And you can pretty much guarantee that there’d be a concerted campaign (by you know who) already underway to have this league voided, nothing surer...

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

SPFL have said there is no money to cover a shortfall. 

Hopefully few clubs go bust 

Would love to see a few of them have to start over in the third division while continuously being kicked and vilified by everybody else involved in the sport in this country too.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

That’s the point.

We’ve been shite and chucked away so much but the fact is that, with a game in hand and two scum games to come, that is a potential nine point swing.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d say the SFA and SPFL were waiting to see if we lose on Sunday before making their big announcement.

Even more critical that we get a win or at least a point.

Sporting integrity is at stake.

I completely agree, however I dont think many if any leagues will award unwon titles so it would still be tough to give them it even with an unassailable lead.

Your right though, a win on Sunday means they couldn't even try it.

Just now, Robmc1 said:

And you can pretty much guarantee that there’d be a concerted campaign (by you know who) already underway to have this league voided, nothing surer...

This is why we must do what they would. We all know this would be all over the media by now boot on other foot.

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If Rangers win on Sunday the gap is 10 points with a game in hand. Void is the only option surely as it wouldn't be a mathematical possible for them to win. Also it would be unfair to those who risk being relegated if they award the title. as they would have to relegate clubs

Just now, MacBoyd said:

This is why we must do what they would. We all know this would be all over the media by now boot on other foot.

I honestly believe this. Bottom line is danger to life takes far more presidency than football and if the league has to be shut down because of this then it’s a no brainier. A consequence of this is unless it is still mathematically possible for more than one team to be champions then no team can be named champions, this applies to demotion etc. Extraordinary decision for extraordinary circumstances...

23 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

It'll be cancelling public events, not just football & it's something they should be doing if it continues the way it is just now.

In saying that, if it was us who were 13 clear with 8/9 matches left I can pretty much guarantee every single one of us would be raging if they didnt award us the title lol 

We may well be raging mate , but it would never be allowed the other way around . We all know that and that is the point 

44 minutes ago, Dickie said:

German teams will be giving fans refunds on season tickets,see if gerrard will chip in to refund us.

If giving refunds was going put us in financial difficulty, would you still want the refund?

Archived