The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, The Dude said:

I don't know enough about why the resolution was blocked yet to have a particular view on it. It may simply be down to a minor technicality so until I know a wee bit more about it, I'm loathe to jump in two-footed.

The accusations of bullying and coercing other clubs seems like there's a lot more to come, although given Robertson's postion on the SPFL board, this surely isn't something that has just came to light. These talks have been going on for weeks and one chairman criticised the 'self-interest' from certain clubs pushing these plans weeks ago.

Null and void isn't on the table because of the financial consequences. Rangers haven't even proposed it and are seemingly against it too. I dont think null and void should be the solution (although this isn't anything new)

cheers mate, and tin hat on but I do actually think when you engage you're an asset to this site (that's me fucked now)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I expect our resolution to be rejected with the spfl saying their lawyers havent had sufficient time to study it. Vote to go ahead.

Seems Rangers proposal has been rejected out of hand,more proof that they're trying to 'buy' the title for the taigs.

Surly in the real world it makes sense to pay out an amount of prize money to struggling clubs but not holding them to ransom over the vote 😞

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't know enough about why the resolution was blocked yet to have a particular view on it. It may simply be down to a minor technicality so until I know a wee bit more about it, I'm loathe to jump in two-footed.

The accusations of bullying and coercing other clubs seems like there's a lot more to come, although given Robertson's postion on the SPFL board, this surely isn't something that has just came to light. These talks have been going on for weeks and one chairman criticised the 'self-interest' from certain clubs pushing these plans weeks ago.

Null and void isn't on the table because of the financial consequences. Rangers haven't even proposed it and are seemingly against it too. I dont think null and void should be the solution (although this isn't anything new)

What are you basing this on? Rangers want the season to continue but if it doesn’t are you honestly of the belief that there preference would be to gift them the title.

Voiding the remainder of the obligations is the fairest option and it can be done by frustration of contract. No need to call any winners or loser because as of yet there isn’t any.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

What are you basing this on? Rangers want the season to continue but if it doesn’t are you honestly of the belief that there preference would be to gift them the title.

Voiding the remainder of the obligations is the fairest option and it can be done by frustration of contract. No need to call any winners or loser because as of yet there isn’t any.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Never proposed/advocated it but nothing there saying they are against it. They are still currently hoping the season finishes.

Rangers know as well as the rest of them that the season isn't going to be finished. The manager has also said he doesn't want to 'merge' seasons and have the players playing too much football in a short period of time.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think we are playing it smart. Privately we'd bite your hand off for a null and void, however not pushing for it knowing it might have to be a default position if votes fail could be a clever tactic in terms of us and sporting integrity with us saying we want the season finished on the park.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Rangers know as well as the rest of them that the season isn't going to be finished. The manager has also said he doesn't want to 'merge' seasons and have the players playing too much football in a short period of time.

Yes we all know that, but just because they aren’t shouting out loud that it must be null and void doesn’t automatically pertain to them wanting to gift titles and promotion to teams that haven’t put themselves into a situation to allow for this.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Break away league incoming. Leave the taigs and their sheep clubs behind. Fucking corrupt cunts to the core. 

This is a prime example of why Liewell and his cronies wanted the SFL and the SPL linked into one,total domination and at their first test,they've been found out.

8 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

This is a prime example of why Liewell and his cronies wanted the SFL and the SPL linked into one,total domination and at their first test,they've been found out.

Liewell is a slimey sneeky rat I think you are right.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed"

Scottish Football.

Corrupt to the fucking core.

Read that and makes you wonder what's the point

It really is fucking sickening what’s become of Scottish football, if we don’t really put up a fight over this and make some really big moves then I’m done, what is the point anymore with the level of corruption in the game?Another tainted title for them, but never let it be forgotten that while thousands across the nation were dying, and literally every other club saying football was no longer important and health comes first the manager and captain of these shameless bastards were straight out in the media demanding the title. 

Fuck Scottish football.

33 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Never proposed/advocated it but nothing there saying they are against it. They are still currently hoping the season finishes.

Deep down I think the club would accept null and void but if they pushed it now and it gets defeated we are a sitting duck.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Deep down I think the club would accept null and void but if they pushed it now and it gets defeated we are a sitting duck.

Null and void might have failed, might have succeeded, we’ll never know.

But to remove it even as an option is yet another example of naked corruption.

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Null and void is the only option. The only thing these corrupt bastards have got right is that the league should end as is, with not a single team having done enough to be called champions hence no need for promotion or relegation.  

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Where are the smoke and mirrors? You claimed I'm on 'the payroll' and seem utterly unable to back it up. It would appear the only one using smoke and mirrors here is you.

Smoke and mirrors?

The league winner's 2019-2020 determined by a contested vote = winning on a playing field 2018-2019?

I believe I have been fair and honest, do you have the same morals?

2018 - 2019 league winners won fair and square, under the rules. 

If there is a winner of the 2019 - 2020 season, is that win the same as the previous season under the same rules?

If so, why a vote?

*Voted winners 2019 - 2020 / Null and Void, there is no other option.

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

Charles Paterson says that Dundee's vote may not count

The SPFL themselves have said that clubs have 28 days to respond, so I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t, regardless if it was received before or after today’s deadline (that was in fact never a deadline).

Paterson needs to explain why, or he should just shut the F*** up.

3 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The SPFL themselves have said that clubs have 28 days to respond, so I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t, regardless if it was received before or after today’s deadline (that was in fact never a deadline).

Paterson needs to explain why, or he should just shut the F*** up.

I think things have moved on Bud. 

From a Dundee source Doncaster and potentially Lawwell (cant believe he would dirty his hands) called Dundee and they have decided to support plan. Why do that and promote Utd ?

Unless they propose a 16 team Prem ?

3 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I think things have moved on Bud. 

From a Dundee source Doncaster and potentially Lawwell (cant believe he would dirty his hands) called Dundee and they have decided to support plan. Why do that and promote Utd ?

Unless they propose a 16 team Prem ?

They would certainly have to be getting something from it.  Farce of a situation to be honest.

Archived