The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To those advocating the idea of handing over the title to the filth because they’re ahead at the moment, I would point out that there is a scenario, however unlikely, where Rangers could end up FOURTEEN points AHEAD of them. Even defeat on Sunday would leave a Rangers title by eight points as a possibility, albeit remote.

If someone had predicted Liverpool’s recent results, they’d have been certified. Anything is possible and you can’t award titles on “probably”

To just roll over and allow their coronation is simply a non-starter.

No one thought helicopter sunday was going to happen.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To those advocating the idea of handing over the title to the filth because they’re ahead at the moment, I would point out that there is a scenario, however unlikely, where Rangers could end up FOURTEEN points AHEAD of them. Even defeat on Sunday would leave a Rangers title by eight points as a possibility, albeit remote.

If someone had predicted Liverpool’s recent results, they’d have been certified. Anything is possible and you can’t award titles on “probably”

To just roll over and allow their coronation is simply a non-starter.

If the season can't be finished then it's null and void.  Start again next season. 

If the shoe was on the other foot they would be pulling out the old sporting integrity speech. We all know it. 

If the SFA concede on this and hand them the title. They will be up to their eyes in law suits. I don't expect clubs still in with a shout at europe or facing relegation will take it lying down. 

We should also be a the front of this arguing against. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Aye, it's times like this you sort the wheat from the chaff. You find out who's more customer than fan.

Why don’t you go and hand over more money to the club then? Why stop at just tickets and merchandise? Could just send them a significant part of your pay on a monthly basis via direct debit.

Not being a mug doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. 

And anyone who buys anything from Rangers is a customer. Daft insult. 

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Will start by saying I can afford to attend games & if a refund is offered (not enforced) then I'll knock it back.

Completely agree that it's hardly the clubs fault but at the same time it's not the fans fault either

Certain people will have to scrimp & save to make sure they can buy season tickets, merchandise, attend matches etc every single season & have done for years. 

A family of 4 going missing 9 games of the season (just less than 1/4) at 500quid a season ticket (actually a bit more) means they've spent 400/500 quid between them on games they arent going to get anything for if they're behind closed doors/postponed.

It's alright being high & mighty when you can comfortably afford it but not everyone is in that situation.

But if you’ve already paid for it then you have budgeted and can afford it, next seasons ticket will still have to be bought whether you get a refund or not. The decision is not whether you can afford it, it’s whether you want some money back that you weren’t expecting 

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why don’t you go and hand over more money to the club then? Why stop at just tickets and merchandise? Could just send them a significant part of your pay on a monthly basis via direct debit.

Not being a mug doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. 

And anyone who buys anything from Rangers is a customer. Daft insult. 

Nobody's asking folk to give extra beyond what they can afford. It's being suggested that they not take back what they've decided they can afford, if they still can.

Fuck all being a mug about, given it's not the club's fault. To be a mug you have to have someone taking you for one. Folk that can afford it should decide how desperate they really are to see success.

In football buying from your club is more than being a customer. Although if you see it as that kind of transaction, maybe it's more than that not for you.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

"The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract Covid-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released. To be clear, WHO let the dogs out."

Ha! Ha! Just read this.

Dogs in China will be hoping they are kept in quarantine... 

The alternative is end up roasted and hanging from a stall at the dog festival ready for some dirty wee bastard to tuck in for Sunday dinner 

35 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

But if you’ve already paid for it then you have budgeted and can afford it, next seasons ticket will still have to be bought whether you get a refund or not. The decision is not whether you can afford it, it’s whether you want some money back that you weren’t expecting 

True, but people will have been budgeting for a state of settled or continuing income.

Who knows how many folk will get laid off, short timed with this.

Every pound is a prisoner at times like that.

Glasgow Rugby: CLUB STATEMENT | Following today's announcement by PRO14 Rugby, the remaining fixtures in the 2019/20 season have been suspended until further notice.

The club is supportive of the decision, with the health and safety of all associated with the club our main priority. Further updates from PRO14 Rugbywill be communicated in due course.

4 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Glasgow Rugby: CLUB STATEMENT | Following today's announcement by PRO14 Rugby, the remaining fixtures in the 2019/20 season have been suspended until further notice.

The club is supportive of the decision, with the health and safety of all associated with the club our main priority. Further updates from PRO14 Rugbywill be communicated in due course.

Yup, I saw similar for hockey leagues. Why do football authorities try and keep things going? Money?

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Dogs in China will be hoping they are kept in quarantine... 

The alternative is end up roasted and hanging from a stall at the dog festival ready for some dirty wee bastard to tuck in for Sunday dinner 

These Chinese are bats!

157C3E08-2618-46CC-94FA-AD9477332320.thumb.jpeg.b14083d180a7f92b174bdfe5a326e428.jpeg

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

I presume games after Sunday will be played behind closed doors and on the TV. For a few weeks, possibly a little longer.

Yeah I think so too .Just to give them their league .If it were other way round .Scottish football would be in meltdown .Calls for league to be scrapped 

it is certainty 

50 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nobody's asking folk to give extra beyond what they can afford. It's being suggested that they not take back what they've decided they can afford, if they still can.

Fuck all being a mug about, given it's not the club's fault. To be a mug you have to have someone taking you for one. Folk that can afford it should decide how desperate they really are to see success.

In football buying from your club is more than being a customer. Although if you see it as that kind of transaction, maybe it's more than that not for you.

I’d be inclined not to take my money back from season tickets if the board didn’t treat us fans like absolute pondlife. That’s what I mean about being a mug. Continually being shafted, and just bending over further after every incident.

Fair enough over charging, under delivering and treating fans like shite, but wanting / expecting / allowing fans to pay for nothing is classic Rangers. The board can and should stump up. 

Man United have refunded away fans tickets + £350 for travel expenses for their europa tie.

Archived