The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If the league is suspended then it’ll be awarded based on current positions. 100%

The only season I have heard being abandoned after it started was pre WW2.

It was only 5 games in and was voided.

A league must be completed to declare a winner. 

They would open a huge can of worms if they declared winners. 

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If Rangers win on Sunday the gap is 10 points with a game in hand. Void is the only option surely as it wouldn't be a mathematical possible for them to win. Also it would be unfair to those who risk being relegated if they award the title. as they would have to relegate clubs

Forgetting the title win . The relegation situation would be enough to insure that this won't happen. It would be extremely unfair to relegate Jambos when season hasn't been finished properly

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Forgetting the title win . The relegation situation would be enough to insure that this won't happen It would be extremely unfair to relegate Jambos when season hasn't been finished properly

That’s the point I have been making. If you award them the title then you have to relegate someone. Hearts would take the governing body to court. Then you have a domino effect with other clubs. Much easier to abandon the lot.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It’s probably a good thing Hearts are in the relegation position. They have a bit of clout in Scottish football whereas a Hamilton would more than likely just roll over

Was thinking the same.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We may well be raging mate , but it would never be allowed the other way around . We all know that and that is the point 

I don't see two titles gifted to them in one season going down well at all with anyone. :angrywillie:

15 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

If they do scrap the league then I think they should just award positions as they are. As others have said if the boot was on the other foot we’d be raging if they took the title off us.

Alternatively, as I’ve read online as an idea in Italy, make it a quick play off for the title when (if) this smooths over if it’s before next August. 1st plays 6th, 2nd plays 5th etc in a one off game and then put the 3 winners into a round robin...play all games at Hampden.

naw mate . There is no way i would want to win a title like that . That is just not on for me 

All games have to be completed . End of 

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Trophies in sport mean nothing to the life of any individual person.

Abandon the sporting calendar.

Take a few months out and see how it goes then start again.

I know the first to moan will be the Torbetts but their chase for the tainted 10 is irrelevant in the big picture.

They can cry all they want but it would be the ultimate justice for them.

:tu:

Agree with practically all of your post mate ..... but .... the ultimate justice for them .... would be the end of their existence completely ..... in saying that I know it's unlikely .... so I will be thankful for small mercies if what you say comes to be.

:UK:

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Agree with practically all of your post mate ..... but .... the ultimate justice for them .... would be the end of their existence completely ..... in saying that I know it's unlikely .... so I will be thankful for small mercies if what you say comes to be.

:UK:

I stand corrected mate 😂👍

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We may well be raging mate , but it would never be allowed the other way around . We all know that and that is the point 

True mate I agree, I'm just always of the opinion what would we be like if the tables were turned...forgetting how backwards these cunts are sometimes 

They'll have to follow what other leagues do I'm guessing, premier league being the main example if the leagues called off before Liverpool lift the title 

About 40 or so people in Scotland have a flu virus that spreads faster than the normal flu, there are more people than that on a single bus into the town going to work or shopping and we are talking about voiding leagues and general end of days stuff, Wuhan already nearing starting up industry again, wish I was back in the 80s or 90s when everyone wasn't a wee drama queen poof.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

True mate I agree, I'm just always of the opinion what would we be like if the tables were turned...forgetting how backwards these cunts are sometimes 

They'll have to follow what other leagues do I'm guessing, premier league being the main example if the leagues called off before Liverpool lift the title 

That is only reason our manager is getting his knickers in a twist . No other thought for me mate 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

I think liverpool will have it won by next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

About 40 or so people in Scotland have a flu virus that spreads faster than the normal flu, there are more people than that on a single bus into the town going to work or shopping and we are talking about voiding leagues and general end of days stuff, Wuhan already nearing starting up industry again, wish I was back in the 80s or 90s when everyone wasn't a wee drama queen poof.

Very true Scotty . The place has gone mad out there .

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That’s the point I have been making. If you award them the title then you have to relegate someone. Hearts would take the governing body to court. Then you have a domino effect with other clubs. Much easier to abandon the lot.

Then Dundee United will take them to court for not promoting them. 

Archived