The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Expectation from clubs is that table will be left as is, celtic champions and Hearts going down. 

Tainted, no way it should be allowed, it was never over till it was over, should be declared null and void and if I was a Hearts fan I’d be livid.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Tainted, no way it should be allowed, it was never over till it was over, should be declared null and void and if I was a Hearts fan I’d be livid.

If I was a Dundee United fan, so would I be. 

Absolute disgrace if we just roll over and let them have this title. It's not mathematically finished at the top or bottom of the table ffs.

Italy and Germany are thinking about ending with no champions and bringing a couple teams up from the league below for one season. 

There's no reason they should be given the title.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hearts will take the spfl to the cleaners if they try and do this. It's ridiculous if it comes to pass. 

Null and void the season. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Expectation from clubs is that table will be left as is, celtic champions and Hearts going down. 

No way can they do this. Unless a team has mathematically won the league or been relegated then they have to just void the season, for the sake of sporting integrity.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Was always the likely outcome. Anybody who thought otherwise is just clutching at straws.

Pretty much. The only way I can see seasons being voided is if this passes much quicker than expected and we can get back underway soon. Doesnt look like a ball will be kicked until July (at the earliest) though. 

Is that an educated guess or insider chat?

Can see both arguments tbh, if it was us then I'd be saying it should be done, obviously against us so makes it all the worse! 

End of the day it's an unprecedented situation on a global scale, whilst football is important the health of people is what they need to focus on. For once the spfl should just stand back & let UEFA decide a ruling across all leagues, dont get involved in it.

That'll be the same club's that have told the spfl that any such thing's will result in court cases.

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

No way can they do this. Unless a team has mathematically won the league or been relegated then they have to just void the season, for the sake of sporting integrity.

They can. They'll just end the season after 30 games. 

Just a thought, but would they still let teams train as if not even when they decided to start the games again it could take the players a few weeks to get back to full match fitness?

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Is that an educated guess or insider chat?

Can see both arguments tbh, if it was us then I'd be saying it should be done, obviously against us so makes it all the worse! 

End of the day it's an unprecedented situation on a global scale, whilst football is important the health of people is what they need to focus on. For once the spfl should just stand back & I UEFA decide a ruling across all leagues, dont get involved in it.

Came from within clubs directly. 

Just now, Shuggy said:

Like today, SFA/SPL will wait and watch what other bigger leagues do. If Germany, England, etc null and void, so will they.

Tuesdays UEFA meeting is the best bet. If all leagues agree to essentially forget 19/20 ever happened then it might be voided although it's very unlikely. 

Archived