The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

And then, celtic, Dundee United etc will do the same if it’s the opposite

celtic don’t have a leg to stand on.  They haven’t won the league yet and the odds of us winning the league are likely similar to us beating braga when we were 2-0 down.  Sometimes strange things happen in football.  Dundee United and others have a legitimate case to be promoted but I don’t see how hearts can be relegated.  This would be an opportune time to expand the league next year.

if celtic are awarded the title, this one really would be completely tainted.  They have 8 games left and 2 of them are against us and several against top half teams.  There’s still a full quarter of the season left for us!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Could they not play all games behind closed doors.

Players are getting infected down south now so best to err on the side of caution mate.

Null and void the entire League and laugh at Liverpool and Taig fans greeting like fuck for evermore. 

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I’m 100% certain that Rangers and Aberdeen will fight the league ending as things stand.  Can only imagine hearts would go mental too.  

Rangers won't fight it. They'll make some noises about doing to appease folk on twitter and forums but ultimately do nothing. There's nothing to gain for us. 

Only celtic will be in favour of celtic being awarded title. Down below St Mirren and Hamilton will be in favour of Hearts going down and voiding play offs.

In the championship, again only Dundee United will be in favour of Dundee United being awarded the title. Doubtless Alloa and QotS will be all in favour of Partick Thistle being "awarded" the relegation spot and voiding play offs.

And so it goes on right down the divisions. There will be no unanimity about anything.

Just now, The Dude said:

Rangers won't fight it. They'll make some noises about doing to appease folk on twitter and forums but ultimately do nothing. There's nothing to gain for us. 

If you say so.  Wait and see.  

Just now, RDB14 said:

celtic don’t have a leg to stand on.  They haven’t won the league yet and the odds of us winning the league are likely similar to us beating braga when we were 2-0 down.  Sometimes strange things happen in football.  Dundee United and others have a legitimate case to be promoted but I don’t see how hearts can be relegated.  This would be an opportune time to expand the league next year.

if celtic are awarded the title, this one really would be completely tainted.  They have 8 games left and 2 of them are against us and several against top half teams.  There’s still a full quarter of the season left for us!

After losing two Old Firm games this season, there's no way TV agrees to give up two more next season. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Lennon press conference still going ahead today, watch him go hell for leather about getting them the title.

Any normal club or person would cancel a press conference about a game that is not going ahead, when I'm reality, the health and well being of everyone is paramount!

If celtic (and Liverpool for that matter) are awarded the league there should be a massive asterisk next to this season.

I’ve never really bought into the “tainted title” talk about their league wins up to this point but this seasons one cannot be considering as anything other than tainted and the record books should show it.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Any normal club or person would cancel a press conference about a game that is not going ahead, when I'm reality, the health and well being of everyone is paramount!

Got to ramp up the award us the league title campaign early. Under Lawell’s stewardship  those cunts have always been masters of getting out ahead of stories and controlling the narrative and this will be no different.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye there fucking is!

If you dont think that the board dont think that gifting celtic 9 in a row and giving them a shot at 10 in a row next season is not going to put pressure on them, then you are off your head.

The board categorically do not want to be the ones to be in possession if celtic get 10 in a row.

Accept it or not, but those on our board who have poured money into the club probably dont expect to get it all back. This is about pride as much as anything else for them. 

13 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Like today, SFA/SPL will wait and watch what other bigger leagues do. If Germany, England, etc null and void, so will they.

I reckon UEFA will recommend voiding the leagues but take the current standings for next seasons qualification for their tournaments

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Kind of bizarre but I’m sure it will be entertaining 

They will be gutted 😂😂😂

UEFA will propose a null and void across all member associations and competitions.

Anyone who starts dishing out prizes will look like cheating and corrupt associations.

They will look like cunts and make their counties a laughing stock.

So SPFL / SFA / celtic......... Batter in.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

I reckon UEFA will recommend voiding the leagues but take the current standings for next seasons qualification for their tournaments

Or same as last year mate 

What happens to coefficient points though 🤔  

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye there fucking is!

If you dont think that the board dont think that gifting celtic 9 in a row and giving them a shot at 10 in a row next season is not going to put pressure on them, then you are off your head.

The board categorically do not want to be the ones to be in possession if celtic get 10 in a row.

Accept it or not, but those on our board who have poured money into the club probably dont expect to get it all back. This is about pride as much as anything else for them. 

It was most likely going to happen. The manager had already conceded the title and anyone who dared suggest we could win was branded deluded. 

The board aren't 'gifting' them anything. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Any journalist worth his salt asks him why should they be awarded a league title when it's still possible for another side to win it. 

Won't happen but. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Or same as last year mate 

What happens to coefficient points though 🤔  

Coefficient have already been earned in Europe so they would need to stand ,if they don’t couldn’t care less ,that 2nd champions league spot for Scotland would be a token gesture anyway 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was most likely going to happen. The manager had already conceded the title and anyone who dared suggest we could win was branded deluded. 

The board aren't 'gifting' them anything. 

Taking off the blue tinted glasses, you can see both arguments

The problem they're going to have is not all leagues are as clear cut as ours, in Spain/Italy the leagues are separated by 2/1 point I'm sure, they surely wont declare a winner there 

It'll be a blanket decision & theres not going to be 1 which doesn't piss off at least 20/30 different clubs

Archived