Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The coronavirus and the sfa

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was most likely going to happen. The manager had already conceded the title and anyone who dared suggest we could win was branded deluded. 

The board aren't 'gifting' them anything. 

They are most likely going to win the next league as well, but they have to go out and fucking win it.

Sporting integrity states that you have to go out and earn the league, not just be gifted it through a back door.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They are most likely going to win the next league as well, but they have to go out and fucking win it.

Sporting integrity states that you have to go out and earn the league, not just be gifted it through a back door.

And with the league almost certain to be shortened to 30 games, the team with the most points have earned it. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Taking off the blue tinted glasses, you can see both arguments

The problem they're going to have is not all leagues are as clear cut as ours, in Spain/Italy the leagues are separated by 2/1 point I'm sure, they surely wont declare a winner there 

It'll be a blanket decision & theres not going to be 1 which doesn't piss off at least 20/30 different clubs

The approach has to be consistant.

If they do call the leagues in Italy and Spain and give the title to the winner, then I think it will be wrong but will grudgingly accept it.

We cannot be in the position that its left to individual discretion and opinion though.

You cant have the league voided in Italy because Roma might have won, then say, celtic should get the title because Rangers probably wouldn't have. 

9 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Only celtic will be in favour of celtic being awarded title. Down below St Mirren and Hamilton will be in favour of Hearts going down and voiding play offs.

In the championship, again only Dundee United will be in favour of Dundee United being awarded the title. Doubtless Alloa and QotS will be all in favour of Partick Thistle being "awarded" the relegation spot and voiding play offs.

And so it goes on right down the divisions. There will be no unanimity about anything.

And multiply this by hundreds of clubs all over Europe, which is why UEFA will push for a null and void across all member associations and competitions.

Its the only answer and solution.

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I reckon UEFA will recommend voiding the leagues but take the current standings for next seasons qualification for their tournaments

This is what I see happening if the league is ended.  Will be weird in leagues with games in hand etc. though.

magic8ball likes this

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The approach has to be consistant.

If they do call the leagues in Italy and Spain and give the title to the winner, then I think it will be wrong but will grudgingly accept it.

We cannot be in the position that its left to individual discretion and opinion though.

You cant have the league voided in Italy because Roma might have won, then say, celtic should get the title because Rangers probably wouldn't have. 

Aye 100% agree with that & that's why I think the SPFL will take a massive step back & let UEFA decide on Tuesday 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was most likely going to happen. The manager had already conceded the title and anyone who dared suggest we could win was branded deluded. 

Manager on several occasions recently has said he isn't conceding anything. Rangers will take the spfl to court mate if the give the scum the title.

Sweetheart likes this

And with the league almost certain to be shortened to 30 games, the team with the most points have earned it. 

You cant just shorten a league to 30 games.

Fuck off with this pish.

I fucking wonder about you at times

Unlikely I accept but if we win our game in hand and beat them twice then the gap is only 4 points. No way they can claim a title they have not won.

No relegation and no champions has to be the way forward. By all means promote teams from the championship and go for an expanded league.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That’s a load of shite.  You don’t win league campaigns 8 games early.  All they have earned is a lead at the top.  The same way they earned a lead at the top going into helicopter Sunday.  The league ends at the end of the scheduled games and if this was the other way round they would never allow us to have the title.  And this is my cold unemotional view.  Fuck knows how any neutral comes to your conclusion, never mind someone with a Rangers leaning.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

22nd May  2005  ring any bells ?

Give them fuck all !! It’s not over till it’s  completed...and there’s the proof.

Also, never mind the fact that celtic would have played more games than us.

What do you do with the playoffs?

Its okay for Dundee Utd to be promoted, but fuck the teams in the playoff?

Most likely there wont be time for playoffs to happen. Or if they do, they will have to be rushed through prior to any pre-season.

What happens with the 4th spot in Europe? Do hibs just get told tough shit, you were on route to getting that spot, but we have instead decided to give it to Aberdeen? 

On 11/03/2020 at 18:32, Creampuff said:

Imagine they didn’t let Dundee United up? :lol: 

It will be a struggle, but I can just about live with that.............ya fucking beauty! 😀😀😀😀😀

The Ibrox Derry likes this

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Right now its 38 games every club knows that. They can't then make it 30 because there is no chance of completing the season otherwise.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Also, never mind the fact that celtic would have played more games than us.

What do you do with the playoffs?

Its okay for Dundee Utd to be promoted, but fuck the teams in the playoff?

Most likely there wont be time for playoffs to happen. Or if they do, they will have to be rushed through prior to any pre-season.

What happens with the 4th spot in Europe? Do hibs just get told tough shit, you were on route to getting that spot, but we have instead decided to give it to Aberdeen? 

Were you not wanting Kilmarnock to get a European place which would then do the same to Motherwell?

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

That’s a load of shite.  You don’t win league campaigns 8 games early.  All they have earned is a lead at the top.  The same way they earned a lead at the top going into helicopter Sunday.  The league ends at the end of the scheduled games and if this was the other way round they would never allow us to have the title.  And this is my cold unemotional view.  Fuck knows how any neutral comes to your conclusion, never mind someone with a Rangers leaning.

Forget him pal, he should have been rooted out of here years ago.

Rangers fan my arse.

EverestGers likes this