The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

Just now, DBBTB said:

Tbh if I was a football club I would be embarrassed to be awarded a league title for a season that was abandoned/cancelled/called off and act like it’s some sort of achievement.

They dont do embarrassed.........

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League  Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same  Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close 
Season;" 

I read that as covering the season being extended after the last game for instance should two teams at the top / bottom tie identically for points, goals and goals scored. This is a definition of season which is subsumed by the significant rule that teams shall play 38 games. 

Tbh I think it's pretty desperate stuff to read that and think its giving legitimacy to chopping off games.

A good point i seen is that in league 1 falkirk and Raith ard split by a point. How. Can you tell one team they're up and not the other. 

I'm glad it's hearts at the bottom as they'll never take being relegated when it's not mathematically impossible for them to stay up. 

I think if other leagues just cancel the season then its fucked up here for awarding the papes the league. 

I think every club in 1st or 2nd and relegation and European places could and probably would win cases at the CAS

Be interesting to see the spfl next move cause the season is done. Seen folk mention push the euros back till 2021 . This virus ain't gonna peak for another 3months yet so that's early June. If we can't play football now we've no chance during that period.

Then you've got the extremely late start to season 20/21. Probably talking about mid September so do u just bin the league cup next season.

We can't finish this season then next season for the euros next summer.

Void this season and 20/21 season starts august

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I read that as covering the season being extended after the last game for instance should two teams at the top / bottom tie identically for points, goals and goals scored. This is a definition of season which is subsumed by the significant rule that teams shall play 38 games. 

Tbh I think it's pretty desperate stuff to read that and think its giving legitimacy to chopping off games.

Theres already allowances made for that in the rules as the existing playoff games are included as part of the Season. 

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

A good point i seen is that in league 1 falkirk and Raith ard split by a point. How. Can you tell one team they're up and not the other. 

I'm glad it's hearts at the bottom as they'll never take being relegated when it's not mathematically impossible for them to stay up. 

I think if other leagues just cancel the season then its fucked up here for awarding the papes the league. 

I think every club in 1st or 2nd and relegation and European places could and probably would win cases at the CAS

the last  game of the season is due to be Falkirk v raith rovers

There has already been speculation in Germany as to what would happen if the season is cancelled.

The Deutscher Fussball-Bund (DFB), the country's football association, have reportedly put a proposal together which would see no champion or relegation.

Instead, the German top-flight would expand to 22 teams, allowing four to come up from 2.Bundesliga, for next season.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/Rangers/coronavirus-scottish-football-suspended-what-it-means-Rangers-v-celtic-and-spfl-2449580

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Theres already allowances made for that in the rules as the existing playoff games are included as part of the Season. 

I know. But I also know its illogical to say categorically teams shall play 38 games in a season and then attempt to suggest the definition of season means it can be less than 38 games.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I know. But I also know its illogical to say categorically teams shall play 38 games in a season and then attempt to suggest the definition of season means it can be less than 38 games.

There's always going to be potential that there are a set of circumstances that could see a club with a particular backlog of games they are unable to fulfill or something forcing the suspension of the competition. Its always going to be highly unlikely but is still a possibility.

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's started😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

He will be on the phone to SG as we speak ,getting our manager to agree with him quoting Liverpool 

Our manager may be the wrong movie at the wrong time for us here 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Wee cunty face getting in early.

He can go fuck himself.

Anyone at Rangers that remotely agrees with him can take a fuck to themselves.

They simply need to say nothing is as yet determined and will await clarification of existing rules and obviously see how the postponement duration pans out.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

And with the league almost certain to be shortened to 30 games, the team with the most points have earned it. 

They have earned fuck all unless they’ve mathematically won the league mate. 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

He will be on the phone to SG as we speak ,getting our manager to agree with him quoting Liverpool 

Our manager may be the wrong movie at the wrong time for us here 

Hopefully Mr Gerrard understands that it's all part of the game up here. Give them nothing. 

I'd be telling the cunt that you must earn a title you shouldn't just be given it.

Just now, The Dude said:

And if the season is shortened to 30 games, they will have.

No, if the season is shortened to 30 games then they’ve been handed the title and haven’t earned anything. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's always going to be potential that there are a set of circumstances that could see a club with a particular backlog of games they are unable to fulfill or something forcing the suspension of the competition. Its always going to be highly unlikely but is still a possibility.

Yes.

But that is different from all teams not playing 38 games and the league being concluded and awards handed out based on league positioning.  Clubs in the premiership shall play 38 games is the substantial requirement in a Preniership season.

Archived