The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Hearts go down. They may not take it lying down but neither will clubs denied promotion or Europe. 

I wouldn't be shocked at a closed door playoff between Alloa and Thistle. Since there's a game difference and a catchable gap. 

They might but the main threat to the beaks is a class action from all the clubs who lose out on such a decision, those  relegated and excluded from play offs. In fact, they may demand it be put to a membership wide vote instead of some blazers in a closed room.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Never been a great fan of him, but he has certainly gone up in my estimation a lot after reading that. Excellent statement and that prick TLB should have a read and then look in the mirror. The club with no shame is their name. 

It the way any right minded person thinks.

8 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

And therein lies the problem. You declare celtic champions, you have to relegate Hearts. Tough you may say but Hearts won't take it lying down.

Do you relegate Partick Thistle despite them having a game in hand and two points behind Alloa?

Of course not .The only and I mean the only priority is for the bheasts to get the title .Whatever that takes .Fuck every other permutation .It doesn’t mean as much 😂 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why a closed door playoff? Should it not be PT vs whoever the game in hand was against? How is it fair that Alloa now control their destiny?

A catchable gap. 13 points with 9 games to play is a "catchable gap"

Because there's not much chance of it being allowed to have a crowd. 

I meant gap in terms of the games on hand to bring them to a level number. Partick win theirs they leapfrog Alloa. 

The nine games to play are moot if the season is ended early. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Klopp comes across as a bit of a nut (but a good manager) at the touch line, but that was a class statement. I agree how most normal people would see it. :thumbup:

Klopp just made Lennon's statement sound ridiculous. Well done that man!

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Klopp just made Lennon's statement sound ridiculous. Well done that man!

Klopp's statement, a team literally inches from securing their first title on 30 years, against Lennon's "wE dEsErVe It" pish :lol:

Night and day.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Based on which rules?

On his interpretation of them. If they were to deem the games are "postponed indefinitely" or "abandoned", as per that highlighted rule above, then that could see the SPFL season is finished as is. I'm not saying I agree with that, I don't, but I can certainly see things unfolding that way.

2 minutes ago, McKissock said:

People might not like what @thedude is saying, but it's very much within the realms of possibility that he's correct. 

Yes I wouldn't put it past the SPFL to do it. But if other leagues null and void, they're going to have lawyers knocking on their doors with even bigger thuds.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So disregarding postponed games we'll play 38. The remaining games have been postponed. 

They’ll play the postponed games only if it’s not protracted for example weeks rather than months. The Euros will be cancelled to accommodate this and the start of the new seasons will be delayed to allow players their break and the winter shut down won’t happen. IMO 

We as a club need to be putting pressure on the sfa that the taigs can’t be awarded the title without playing a full season. They’ve started already with Brown and Lennon coming out saying they should be given the title we need to put the pressure back on. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you telling me Japan and Taiwan haven't successfully dealt with the outbreak with nowhere near the prevalence seen in other countries? 

Oh wait, you're doing that weird thing when you've no real answer so just come out with shite like your post above. 

690 cases in Japan so far with 19 casualties. 

50 cases in Taiwan so far with 1 casualty.

More to follow I'm sure.... 

You talk nonsense.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Of course not .The only and I mean the only priority is for the bheasts to get the title .Whatever that takes .Fuck every other permutation .It doesn’t mean as much 😂 

They are so fucking predictable mate it is laughable. :lol:

I think the only way they will not be given the title is if UEFA decide next Tuesay all leagues are void for this season or it goes ahead and Hearts are relegated and  they take them to court. I do not expect our board to do anything unfortunately.  😠

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

690 cases in Japan so far with 19 casualties. 

50 cases in Taiwan so far with 1 casualty.

More to follow I'm sure.... 

You talk nonsense.

China 80815 cases 3177 dead

Italy 15113/1016

Iran 11364/514

No real differences there. 

3 minutes ago, McKissock said:

On his interpretation of them. If they were to deem the games are "postponed indefinitely" or "abandoned", as per that highlighted rule above, then that could see the SPFL season is finished as is. I'm not saying I agree with that, I don't, but I can certainly see things unfolding that way.

A clear distinct rule states that Premiership clubs shall play 38 games in a Season. The definition of Season is ambiguous, but certainly doesn't stipulate that games can be reduced. And however the ambiguity is defined it still needs to fit into the rule that clubs shall play 38 games.

So the scope of the interpretation of the term Season is wrong, or it does indeed include reducing games which makes their clear and  distinct rule about playing 38 games in a season wrong.

10 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Yes I wouldn't put it past the SPFL to do it. But if other leagues null and void, they're going to have lawyers knocking on their doors with even bigger thuds.

This is crucial. A number of countries in the same boat and a standard approach will emerge, probably either extend the season (using the gap created by cancelling the Euros) or declaring an incomplete season null and void.

If the latter becomes the standard adopted by most/all, then Scottish football will have to explain why they are right and all the other countries are wrong.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you telling me Japan and Taiwan haven't successfully dealt with the outbreak with nowhere near the prevalence seen in other countries? 

Oh wait, you're doing that weird thing when you've no real answer so just come out with shite like your post above. 

Honestly, it hard to tell if they have dealt with it correctly so far.

Will only be something that we will be able to tell after the fact.

They might be containing it now, and pushing it to a period where it will have a bigger impact.

They might be containing it enough so that they buy time to get a vaccine.

Containing it for a while at huge expense will mean little if at the end of it their casualties are just as high and they have tanked their economy to achieve the effect.

Archived